Home

Addition of Little Things....

This is a discussion on Addition of Little Things.... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2018, 07:42 AM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Addition of Little Things....

Ok I know we have "wishlists" posted for big things we'd like to see added. Addition to our favorite modes, new sliders/attributes, create a stadium, etc...). But I wanted to create one for Little Things I'd like to see added to the game. Sure they may be minute and a majority of people could care less, but for me personally these things would help immerse me more into the game...

Thus far I have (I'll probably add more as I think of them)

* When showing pitcher's warming up in the bullpen, I want to hear the pop of the catcher's mitt when they throw a pitch.

* In the All-Star Game, please show what team a player is representing. Show it in the batter's stats upon walk-up either by replacing the NL/AL logo with team logo, or possibly showing team name under their season stats.

* Please show and name the manager for both clubs in the game. Mention them. Since we can't view the managers for each club (at least us single team control franchise players can't) this would be nice. I want to know that Clint Hurdle is managing the Padres in my franchise. But managers need more recognition in game. You show them, but never really mention them by name.

* Pre-Game, I'd like to see the National Anthem be played. Maybe show someone throwing out the first pitch. Maybe when a player in franchise gets into the Hall of Fame, the next season you show them getting a plaque or something from the team.

* Let us throw warm up pitches with starting pitchers to start the game. As someone who plays every game, I hate having to adjust to a pitcher's unique windup in "live" action. Let me throw 8 pitches to get into the groove.

* Maybe have a trivia question in game as they do in broadcasts. Team specific, general, record specific...mix it up. Just something to emulate a real broadcast.

* 7th inning stretch...show the hot dog races, the Presidential races, the Philly Phanatic, or possibly games on the big scoreboard.

Ok that is all I have for now. Please feel free to add your own little thing addition wish. And please let's keep this from turning into new game modes we want, create a team/stadium requests, franchise improvements, etc....

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2018, 10:40 AM   #2
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Addition of Little Things....

100% agree. I like all those ideas. Only thing Id really like to add is, keep the game the same for 19 and just work on the little things like weather, AI management, things within the game to make franchise and overall games better.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 09-15-2018, 12:26 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Some little things that can be added to presentation/commentary

Make the last day of the season feel like the last day of the season, it currently feels like the last game of any other series

Make clinching a division/playoff spot a bigger deal. They do more for someone hitting their 300th HR or winning the first game of the division series than they do when you clinch your division
Old 09-15-2018, 02:17 PM   #4
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Good suggestions, CB.

I’d like to see some different camera angles of the pitcher before the game. The view with the catcher/pitcher on the mound feels like it’s been in the game forever.

That’s actually all I have for now. It’s really hard to come up with stuff like this for The Show since they do so many little things right.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:19 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

One other thing I thought of is that I'd like a cutscene showing a fielder, ball boy/girl, or base coach tossing a ball into the crowd to a kid.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2018, 02:22 PM   #6
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
One other thing I thought of is that I'd like a cutscene showing a fielder, ball boy/girl, or base coach tossing a ball into the crowd to a kid.
That would be awesome indeed.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:35 PM   #7
Rookie

Agree on commentary, specifically the crew should discuss a player coming back from IR, one that just got called up, or someone who has just been traded and just started playing form their new team.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:31 PM   #8
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Unless I’m mistaken, when they show the standings during a broadcast they’ve already been adjusted for the scores from the games that day. It takes away the immersion factor of following the score of a rivals game on the ticker or out of town scoreboard. My “little thing” would be to show the standings from the end of the previous day before adjusting for the current day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »