Home

Rate yor teams off season

This is a discussion on Rate yor teams off season within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2019, 06:51 PM   #1
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Rate your teams off season

Pretty self explanatory, how do you think your team has done this off season? I didn't want to clutter the Hot Stove thread with this, especially with soooo many deals going on and it being hard to keep up with all the action...

So I don't know, format however you want I guess. Also the off season isn't over, so you can always change it, update it, or put hopes for the remaining month or so.

Team- Tampa Bay Rays
Rating- 3/10
Best- Charlie Morton I guess? Should be solid, maybe like Eovaldi last year
Worst- Trading Bauers and Mallex for Yandy Diaz and Zunino. No idea why they are so high on Diaz, hopefully he proves them right
General- Just don't think we've capitalised on the position of strength we are in, it's hard to see this being anything but a mediocre year where we'd be vey lucky to even stand still. The payroll is currently pathetic.
Hopes- Trade for Encarnacion I guess, seeming as we need a RH DH and we're already paying him. Any power at all would be a real plus

Last edited by BigOscar; 01-30-2019 at 11:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2019, 10:36 AM   #2
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Rate yor teams off season

Cincinnati Reds
8/10 Its going to be an interesting season that is for sure.
They have made a ton of moves and are still trying to make more!
Old 01-30-2019, 12:23 PM   #3
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Team - Texas Rangers
Rating - 3 or 4/10

Rangers have been focused on picking up players coming off bad years or pitchers who previously had TJ surgery. It's possible it could pan out, it's apparent though that we're playing for the future.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:51 PM   #4
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Toronto Blue Jays

8/10

Basically the team has cleared out the veteran dead wood from the 2015/16 period. There was a thought that they'd trade or non-tender Pillar but you can't have a team made up of just kids alone. They've filled the back end of the rotation with journeymen types who should be able to eat up some innings.

They've also got some adequate bench types who should also provide some leadership and tutelage off the field as well. The hiring of Charlie Montoyo as manager looks like it might pay off as he has been projecting an optimistic attitude and isn't using the "R" word. I think we'll see some creativity in how he uses the roster as well.

This is by no means going to be a successful year record wise but I do think it'll be a strong building block year for 2020/21.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-30-2019, 02:05 PM   #5

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Toronto Blue Jays

8/10

Basically the team has cleared out the veteran dead wood from the 2015/16 period. There was a thought that they'd trade or non-tender Pillar but you can't have a team made up of just kids alone. They've filled the back end of the rotation with journeymen types who should be able to eat up some innings.

They've also got some adequate bench types who should also provide some leadership and tutelage off the field as well. The hiring of Charlie Montoyo as manager looks like it might pay off as he has been projecting an optimistic attitude and isn't using the "R" word. I think we'll see some creativity in how he uses the roster as well.

This is by no means going to be a successful year record wise but I do think it'll be a strong building block year for 2020/21.
They almost have to keep Pillar too. Weird thing to say, but he's basically one of the faces of the team right now. Spotlight all changes to Vlad later on, but for time being, Pillar is the "longtime Blue Jay".

I find it funny seeing people commenting and having to always be sarcastic when Jays make a minor move, being like "Plan the parade!". They're going young for once and don't want to trade away prospects. They have one of best farm systems in baseball and are able to spend money to retain guys if they need to.

You could no doubt make a contending team in the 00s if Jays just kept all their own guys. Imagine a rotation led by Halladay and Carpenter. Outfield with Vernon Wells, Shawn Green, Shannon Stewart. And infield with Michael Young, Carlos Delgado and Orlando Hudson. Cy Young pitchers, silver slugger hitters and even some gold glove fielders.

You can't just luck your way into contention in the AL East. You have to have a legitimate team to contend. For once it looks like Jays are serious about drafting/developing properly. And hopefully if these guys are developed properly, we also get into the next step of retaining guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2019, 12:53 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Rate your teams off season

Yankees 7/10

Bullpen looks really good with the addition of Ottavino and extending Britton.

Rotation could use another arm. But I'd say the addition of Paxton makes that rotation stronger then last year.

Lineup is fine. Biggest addition was D.J. a solid contact hitter and strong defender. Much needed imo.

Solid offseason, but not spectacular by any means.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2019, 07:28 PM   #7
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Team - Texas Rangers
Rating - 3 or 4/10

Rangers have been focused on picking up players coming off bad years or pitchers who previously had TJ surgery. It's possible it could pan out, it's apparent though that we're playing for the future.
I like the Lynn deal. But they're obviously not even pretending to contend this year. I may not buy MLB.tv for the first time since they started offering it and just watch the Braves & cardinals on cable. Really depressing.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:42 AM   #8
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDeuce
I like the Lynn deal. But they're obviously not even pretending to contend this year. I may not buy MLB.tv for the first time since they started offering it and just watch the Braves & cardinals on cable. Really depressing.
Yeah I'm living back in Austin now, so I can catch most of the games on YTTV, not sure I even want to though. Only plans I have for the year is to be there 6-8-19 when they honor Beltre.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »