Home

Money Ball Challenge!!!!

This is a discussion on Money Ball Challenge!!!! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2019, 01:27 PM   #1
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon2 Money Ball Challenge!!!!

Why play DD? When you can play the Money Ball Challenge! HOW TO PLAY: Take a low rated team. Cut the budget as low as possible and win the World Series. You have a 40M Cap and you have to keep the budget as lowest at the start of the season. You will find diamonds in the rough!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2019, 03:57 PM   #2
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Money Ball Challenge!!!!

I am already doing an Orioles franchise, with the worst First Baseman who is making 23 million a year for 3 more years. He is 1 for 36 right now and on the DL so even if I could, I cant trade him away. I mean really I'll take a groundskeeper for this mook. That is enough of a challenge for me. Thanks though.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 07-07-2019 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:48 PM   #3
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I am already doing an Orioles franchise, with the worst First Baseman who is making 23 million a year for 3 more years. He is 1 for 36 right now and on the DL so even if I could, I cant trade him away. I mean really I'll take a groundskeeper for this mook. That is enough of a challenge for me. Thanks though.
Good news is that in multiple sim franchises I have done is that he typically retires after year 1 and you are off the hook for his huge contract.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 07-07-2019, 05:11 PM   #4
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
Good news is that in multiple sim franchises I have done is that he typically retires after year 1 and you are off the hook for his huge contract.
They really need to add in some logic for that. Should make it where if a player is on a significant salary beyond the current season they’ll rarely retire before the contract is up regardless of how bad performance, ability/ratings get. Takes some of the challenge out of taking a team with a Davis or Pujols if they just retire and free up all that money immediately. Not very realistic for a player to walk away from a large amount of money.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:39 PM   #5
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
They really need to add in some logic for that. Should make it where if a player is on a significant salary beyond the current season they’ll rarely retire before the contract is up regardless of how bad performance, ability/ratings get. Takes some of the challenge out of taking a team with a Davis or Pujols if they just retire and free up all that money immediately. Not very realistic for a player to walk away from a large amount of money.
I agree completely. I was just sharing what I have seen in game. In real life, he will not retire till the contract is over.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2019, 04:56 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTWiseGuy
Why play DD? When you can play the Money Ball Challenge! HOW TO PLAY: Take a low rated team. Cut the budget as low as possible and win the World Series. You have a 40M Cap and you have to keep the budget as lowest at the start of the season. You will find diamonds in the rough!
Honestly, diamond dynasty is more fun to play than franchise to me. I get where you're coming from though. When we were still blessed with NCAA Football, after a few seasons with a top tier team, I would take Rutgers, and thurn that program around and have them winning national championships.

I don't think I've played franchise mode in the show in 3 years. Once they came out with diamond dynasty, that just kind of sucked me in, and been playing it since.

I'll get around to playing franchise... I still have a completed March to October file in my saves... And I flipped that into franchise when I finished it. But for now it's all about ranked seasons and conquest.

I really like the March to October mode... I've played with several teams. My Yankees, the Reds, Philly, Mets, Oakland and Milwaukee. I really enjoyed that mode. My plan is to win a title with each team... When I start using the pretenders it should be interesting.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:24 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
Ya know, I cant say I've seen Crash retire early even once but maybe I just didnt notice.

A Work in Progress
Old 07-09-2019, 11:37 PM   #8
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Ya know, I cant say I've seen Crash retire early even once but maybe I just didnt notice.
I technically haven't been controlling the O's myself when he has. Maybe it is just the odds I am rolling that he does. I am sure if I start an Orioles franchise tomorrow, he will not retire and I will prove myself wrong. Karma will come back and hit me right in the ole kisser.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »