Home

Madden 20 Review (SoftDrinkSports)

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Review (SoftDrinkSports) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 10:10 PM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Madden 20 Review (SoftDrinkSports)

Not sure if they're being a bit harsh. But certainly disappointing.

https://youtu.be/OaTfsGUkqPc

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 10:28 PM   #2
Rookie

metovics8's Arena

Re: Madden 20 Review

I see no lies

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-25-2019, 10:29 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

He brings up a few thing I definitely agree with, mainly all of the missing pieces of franchise mode. I don't think the gameplay is as bad as he makes it out to be, but I do think CFM and the additions we go to it this year are just depressing. Presentation is also obviously very low on their priority list which is another knock to the game.

I'd give the game a 6.5 out of 10. The gameplay on the field is fun, the locomotion has its flaws, but it does look really good at times. The passing game has gotten better, though I do think the two-man animations are painfully bad more often than not. I still think the trajectories need to be tweaked even more like he even said.

The gameplay on the field is not where most of my complaints lie. My issues are that CFM is so barren. It's just bad and there is no other way to put it. The presentation is the same. Both are so vanilla compared to other sports games these days and it takes a lot of enjoyment out of the game for me. I'll probably spend more time in MUT this year than franchise mode simply because CFM and the presentation are so bad, not because I love MUT.

I love football and the gameplay on the field is good enough like I've said, so I will come back and play the game. Modding it on PC will also add to the value, but overall the game is just lacking way too much depth for me to really give it any better of a rating.

― Plato
Old 07-25-2019, 10:34 PM   #4
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
He brings up a few thing I definitely agree with, mainly all of the missing pieces of franchise mode. I don't think the gameplay is as bad as he makes it out to be, but I do think CFM and the additions we go to it this year are just depressing. Presentation is also obviously very low on their priority list which is another knock to the game.

I'd give the game a 6.5 out of 10. The gameplay on the field is fun, the locomotion has its flaws, but it does look really good at times. The passing game has gotten better, though I do think the two-man animations are painfully bad more often than not. I still think the trajectories need to be tweaked even more like he even said.

The gameplay on the field is not where most of my complaints lie. My issues are that CFM is so barren. It's just bad and there is no other way to put it. The presentation is the same. Both are so vanilla compared to other sports games these days and it takes a lot of enjoyment out of the game for me. I'll probably spend more time in MUT this year than franchise mode simply because CFM and the presentation are so bad, not because I love MUT.

I love football and the gameplay on the field is good enough like I've said, so I will come back and play the game. Modding it on PC will also add to the value, but overall the game is just lacking way too much depth for me to really give it any better of a rating.
Great response. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2019, 10:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Agree with it also. Nothing he said is wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 10:42 PM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Stopped watching during his opening skit. No interest in agenda drivers or troofchasahs.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 07-25-2019, 10:48 PM   #7
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

If you want my personal opinion, we know EA's game development is heavily driven by marketing.

Madden 20 was an opportune time to hone gameplay rather than presentation. Here's why:

Last year of a console generation by itself. You're not going to blow anyone out of the water with graphics at this point in the generation as a back of the box feature. Good graphics and good presentation feed off each other. This year was a great time to solidify gameplay and hype it up, as this gameplay is likely what will get ported to the next gen PS5, Scarlett systems next year as teams grapple with how to develop on the new systems.

In the meantime, the marketing guys next year can tout new graphical power and immersion as part of moving towards the next generation. Presentation would go right in hand there as a back of the box feature for "even more immersive worlds."

Given how much I loved the Beta, I'm going to love Madden 20. Couldn't agree more about franchise and presentation needing to make your leagues feel more alive. I'm just saying from EA's business perspective (though I may disagree), it makes perfect sense as to what was chosen to be improved this year.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 07-25-2019, 10:49 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Stopped watching during his opening skit. No interest in agenda drivers or troofchasahs.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
I wasn't a fan of that intro but you missed what many feel about Madden as a series.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »