Home

Remember before OS and social media when we just played and had fun?

This is a discussion on Remember before OS and social media when we just played and had fun? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2019, 10:32 AM   #1
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Remember before OS and social media when we just played and had fun?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2019, 11:19 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Remember before OS and social media when we just played and had fun?

I remember when I used to wait to get my copy of Gamepro in the mail so I could see a few paragraphs and maybe three tiny pictures previewing the upcoming Madden game.

Games have advanced over the years. More stuff to break and in turn complain about. Also people tend complain about things because Tiburon doing something right should go hand in hand with us forking over full price for a yearly released game.

Don't want to deal with the complainers, avoid the internet and save time by not having to make unfunny meme's.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:20 PM   #3
Rookie

I remember these days. Those short paragraphs in July would cause me to buy thr mag. And when the game came out we would play for like 72 hours straight. No roster updates or patches and we loved it. Always thought it was perfect because we didn't ever read what was wrong, lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2019, 12:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well damn loveinanelevator, LOL! A lot has changed since those days. In my younger days Madden was fun becuse me and all my friends would just sit around and play each other all day and if you found a bug in the game that you could use to your benefit kudos to you. Im older now so I spend most of my time playing offline and year after year there is something wrong with the game that takes away from that experience.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:33 PM   #5
Rookie

Im 60 yrs old, and have been video gaming since the first Pong game came out for the TV. Ive had every Madden ever developed. Ive played video Football Games for Intellivision, Atari, Odyssey, Commodore Amiga, Sega, Dreamcast, Xbox, Xbox1, and every PS console since the first Play Station. When i listen to the complaints about Game Play (some are ligit, some are well lets just say I SMH), I think to myself, if you this game is bad, then play a football game like Intellivision Football. The more you read into all these posts, the more it starts to prohibit your ability to give yourself a chance to enjoy the game. I do like trying out different slider sets, or checking out the rosters that are available however, for me to start beefing about every little aspect, completely defeats the purpose of trying to enjoy the game. I also accept the fact that this is a GAME, and can no way mirror REALITY. But, if you choose to spend your money, just to allow yourself to be aggravated, knock your socks off. Life is too short and getting shorter, to be pissed off at what is basically a pastime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2019, 12:38 PM   #6
Rookie

cirespieler's Arena

Better times, simpler times. We used to get out of school and cook up some ramen or a pizza and just duke it out in Madden with our favorite team over and over. Or sit there for hours engaged in a years deep franchise.

Back then the focus was all on gameplay and adding depth, now it’s gimmicks and cash grab game modes. There were still bugs back then but now there’s so many more details to make mistakes with (all the spelling errors, face and equipment problems) and things that can go wrong. Plus at this point it’s a Frankenstein game that’s been patched and cobbled together since ‘13.
The next chance at a great Madden might be next gen, hopefully they do a near full rebuild and we can get back to basics and what we loved. Of course we all look back with rose tinted glasses, and don’t get me wrong there is still lots of fun in this game in between the issues and cringey moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-18-2019, 01:37 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog Frank
Im 60 yrs old, and have been video gaming since the first Pong game came out for the TV. Ive had every Madden ever developed. Ive played video Football Games for Intellivision, Atari, Odyssey, Commodore Amiga, Sega, Dreamcast, Xbox, Xbox1, and every PS console since the first Play Station.

Don't forget the arcades. Atari trackball football was the jam in the late 70's. Tossed in plenty of quarters into this game.

Old 08-18-2019, 02:07 PM   #8

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

People still complained, you just didn’t have social media to see everyone’s complaints. On top of that I find it’s mostly adults that complain. Younger generations think the games are awesome. One of my nephews and his friends love 2K and Madden and play them all day every day.

Last edited by m1ke_nyc; 08-18-2019 at 02:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »