Home

Have you retired from UFC 3?

This is a discussion on Have you retired from UFC 3? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: Have You Retired From UFC 3?
No --- I still play Daily 9 14.52%
No --- I still play Weekly 8 12.90%
Yes --- But I stil play here-or-there, non-competitively 26 41.94%
Yes --- I retired months ago 12 19.35%
Yes --- I retired a year or more ago 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2019, 12:55 PM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Have you retired from UFC 3?

Do you retire from UFC games? Or are you a super hardcore, and play every week until the next one comes out? Something in-between?

I personally find that retiring and taking a lot of time off between titles really sets me up for success. It helps to prevent burn out and also sort of 'resets' my style....meaning I won't get too caught-up in various techniques or tactics that change between titles.

UFC 1 --- I played 2 months and quit, hated that game and all the garbage cheezers who infested it lol

UFC 2 --- I played ~9 months straight, the game was really tough to love early on, but got much better. Still, my interest waned and I hung-up my gloves.

UFC 3 --- I played ~18 months before retiring. Way more depth (in striking), and less cheeze (especially after a half dozen patches or so) made the game so much more fun than its predecessors. Although I didn't enjoy Ultimate Team as much in UFC 3 as I did in UFC 2, I actually played it more in UFC 3. Weird. But my main motivation for sticking around so long was the Live Event Competitions. Yes, we had them in UFC 2, but I felt that they were more consistent & fun in UFC 3.

UFC 4 --- ??? --- Not sure if I will ever play a single game 'hardcore' for more than 18 months at a time lol but hoping UFC 4 will keep me interested as long as UFC 3 did. Improvements to grappling & clinch (or lack thereof) will probably make all the difference between playing for 9 months, or 18 months. Hoping for the best!
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 11-13-2019 at 01:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2019, 01:36 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Have you retired from UFC 3?

I made another run at competitive then threw the towel in. I think I got to 2050 points at my best.

I don't ever remember the upper level meta being this tedious. Seems like everything has become about abusing body strike evasion or squinting at your ben-Q monitor in side control. Sure there are some people that fight super clean and still kick *** but that's pretty rare.

Seriously I don't know why more hasn't been made of the awful state of body punching. There is a truly atrocious ratio of people sneaking a lead hook in a combo versus guys doing (jab-feint-body-straight / body-jab-lightning-lead-hook).

That and I truly have no clue what the deciding factor is between a body kick getting a stun reaction (even if its terribly timed from inches away) vs a pretty clean land with no stun reaction that allows you to get 3 piece frame trapped into a critical knockdown.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:05 PM   #3
Banned

If I had to rank all UFC games of the last 10 years EA UFC 3 wouldnt rank in the top 3.

I played UFC 2 6-8 hrs daily til UFC 3 came out and I wish I never stopped playing it. Striking was kinda bad, grappling wasnt really what it could have been, but the game was so much fun, that it didnt really matter to me. UT was great always new opponents with new CAF creations and action all day long. Physics, absolutely beautiful physics. Sometimes a player took an uppercut and it resulted in a backflip lol... okay... thats not good, but still better than in UFC 3 where the game just crashed on me cause the game couldnt take the physics.

UFC 3, I played it daily until about 6 months after release. The game became so repetitive that I couldnt take it anymore. I also didnt like the update with the cage TKO cause 1. it happens WAY too often and 2. there is only one animation for it. What I really liked was the speer tho... Im not a grappler but that thing looks beautiful. Striking is good, but I hated the magnetic hit detection.

I really like to create CAFs and test them out. So Im not 100% done with the game, but Im dying for a better MMA game atm. Only Offline. No more online. Too Toxic.

No need to talk about THQs games we all know why we loved them so much.

Imho Take EA UFC 3s striking, add EA UFC 2 physics and hit detection, bring us better more dynamic grappling (UD 3s should do it) and create the best and cheapest recycled UFC game there ever was.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:01 PM   #4
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

I occasionally play just to get my fix lol.

I'm eagerly anticipating UFC 4's release though.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:25 PM   #5
MVP

Yaari's Arena

I have not played for a year or so. Had nothing to do with the game though, PS Plus expired and I stopped using the PS4 entirely. I could easily turn it on tomorrow and still have fun with the game but at this point I'll wait for the next one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2019, 03:17 AM   #6
Pro

How do you retire from a game but still play it occasionally? Lol

Anyway I still play it quite frequently. I don't play it daily but I have quite extended play sessions (well 2 hours is long to me nowadays).
Old 11-14-2019, 03:51 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
How do you retire from a game but still play it occasionally? Lol

Anyway I still play it quite frequently. I don't play it daily but I have quite extended play sessions (well 2 hours is long to me nowadays).
Occasionally as in for 10 mins every other month and still hate it maybe.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:42 AM   #8
Rookie

Not yet but sometimes I want to...I get a 7 wins streak thinking I finally figured out the way to progress, then the next day I lose 4 in a row and here I am stuck in div. 4

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »