Home

Have you retired from UFC 3?

This is a discussion on Have you retired from UFC 3? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Have You Retired From UFC 3?
No --- I still play Daily 9 14.52%
No --- I still play Weekly 8 12.90%
Yes --- But I stil play here-or-there, non-competitively 26 41.94%
Yes --- I retired months ago 12 19.35%
Yes --- I retired a year or more ago 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2019, 07:18 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Have you retired from UFC 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
It's the complete fault of the devs for not providing more detail on mechanics in a training setting

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
But that shouldn't be required if the game functioned like reality. So which is the bigger issue to you?
Old 11-21-2019, 07:21 AM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver
But that shouldn't be required if the game functioned like reality. So which is the bigger issue to you?
The game functions very close to it on the feet side from stamina. Straight strikes intercept bigger strikes and you can punch between the gaps for counters. Should a coulda woulda doesnt apply here. These tools are necessities

Old 11-21-2019, 07:28 AM   #35
Banned

What Im asking myself since UFC 3 released is how big is EA UFCs team compared to FIFA or Madden. EA should put way more money, attention and devs into the UFC francise.

It felt like the game was un-finished from the start. So many things could have been better.

The speer that was added for example... You can see that a lot of work went into it... Compared to the cage tko. One of my least favorite things in the game. Unrealistic. Boring. Repetitive.... Happens way too often.

You cant blame the devs for how people play tho. Im sure that you can play this game realistically with a few tweaks here and there.

I only play on my custom settings. You wouldnt believe how much more of an MMA game it is with the right settings.

(Its only against CPU but even the CPU reacts REAL on those settings)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2019, 07:41 AM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy
What Im asking myself since UFC 3 released is how big is EA UFCs team compared to FIFA or Madden. EA should put way more money, attention and devs into the UFC francise.

It felt like the game was un-finished from the start. So many things could have been better.

The speer that was added for example... You can see that a lot of work went into it... Compared to the cage tko. One of my least favorite things in the game. Unrealistic. Boring. Repetitive.... Happens way too often.

You cant blame the devs for how people play tho. Im sure that you can play this game realistically with a few tweaks here and there.

I only play on my custom settings. You wouldnt believe how much more of an MMA game it is with the right settings.

It's the 3rd best selling franchise yet nhl 20 gets better prizes for playing and has more attention to detail

Old 11-21-2019, 08:46 AM   #37
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy

Could you share those settings?
Old 11-21-2019, 10:44 AM   #38
Rookie

The true and although I like this game very much, EA has not brought to this game all the possibilities that it should, and it is sad to see that a game like the Undisputed of a previous generation is still in many ways more advanced than the title of EA, examples the fight on the ground, the possibility that a fight ends an injured fighter without even being able to assist by the injury at the time of the decision, that the very tight fights could remain in occasions in a tie, see flying through the air the mouth guard if the blow was brutal and accurate, although the amount was not very large but you could create 40 fighters for only 22 of UFC 3 of EA, pride mode ... it's a shame, EA has to give a infinitely greater jump in UFC 4 in all aspects
Old 11-21-2019, 03:29 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
Could you share those settings?
I was planning to make a video of the striking and grappling on my settings and get the forums opinion on it. Im still tweaking the settings to be honest in grappling, especially submissions are still too OP (CPU vs CPU). I think I cant change Subs at all.

What I do is, I play against the CPU on Legendary, but also let CPU vs CPU fight on the same settings on Legendary... for example did you ever see CPU Romero and CPU Adesanya go 5 rounds to a decision in this game on the regular settings? 1x of 10 at best.

My 2 outcomes on Adesanya/Romero are always: Romero by sub (60-70%) or Adesanya by KO (70-80%). Now with my settings I get CPU striking matches that are actually fun to watch. Finishes in round 3-4-5 or by decision. Early finishes are possible, but only, if you catch somebody off guard after slipping a kick or a knee to the face on a TD attempt only 2 examples. I havent had a 1 punch KO yet tho, but thats also pretty rare on the regular settings. We need realistic pressure points in the game. I also only use A fighters so Ferguson vs Chad Laprise would definitely end ina finish for Tony in the first 2 rounds.

I can tell you right now Im using a real time clock and much more striking stamina and less striking damage that result in less stopping power and more realistic striking exchanges. In grappling its like this: If you get trapped by khabib in a crucifix and you dont have good wrestling thats basically the end of the fight. You cant escape his dominant positions. The only two guys so far that escaped Mount and Crucifix are Ferguson and Lee. Even Edgar got demolished in Khabibs crucifix.

I dont have the exact settings atm. It should be done by Saturday/Sunday. I need some more testing. I would love to hear the forums opinion on it.

EDIT: I was curious and tested laprise vs ferguson. 3 sub wins for Tony in round 1 and laprise only escaped 1 sub of 4 sub attempts ovr in 3 fights. CPU vs CPU submissions are broken.

Last edited by That Ragdoll Guy; 11-21-2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:44 PM   #40
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Unnaturally seems those special nuances and restrictions (check 1) - 7) points in my guide quote above). Most of these exceptions were made later after the release to fix different unbalanced issues.
So, SP concept is not going across the entire gameplay as it is at its core. So, need to remember different not intuitive scripts.

To be intuitive for everyone is possible when the game has one logic for all elements (in striking for ex), but not when it had exception here and there.
Do you think it would be better if every strike had the same stopping power?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »