Home

Have you retired from UFC 3?

This is a discussion on Have you retired from UFC 3? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Have You Retired From UFC 3?
No --- I still play Daily 9 14.52%
No --- I still play Weekly 8 12.90%
Yes --- But I stil play here-or-there, non-competitively 26 41.94%
Yes --- I retired months ago 12 19.35%
Yes --- I retired a year or more ago 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2019, 10:08 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Have you retired from UFC 3?

Okay lets stop this monkey debate... we are here to discuss EA UFC and not peoples bad behaviour. This isnt Dr. Phil. lol

Back to topic.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:15 PM   #50
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Ok. So even if the game was 100% true to life with Its mechanics, a tutorial is STILL extremely important.

Unless you practice Martial Arts, or are just a hardcore fan, most people still don't actually understand real life fighting concepts/mechanics.

I'll give a recent example:
I've been obsessively into Gran Turismo 2 on Ps1 this past month or so. As you guys know Gran Turismo, even on PS1, is a racing sim, with very realistic driving physics. With realistic courses, with true to life classic racing turns and lines. Again, even for a ps1 game, it's very sim.

The thing is, I don't know **** about cars, about racing, about any of that. However the game has this license system, where in order to play higher level races you have to first earn a license to compete in those races. In order you get the license you have a 10 part course to get through for each liscense. Whats great is these arent just abritrary tests, they are actually tutorials that break down how to drive and race. Which corners are what, and how to accually make the turn properly. It teaches you about oversteer, and understeer, about all these real life concepts. Going through those license tests made me like 700% better at the game, and by teaching me the actual depth of these mechanics, it made the game sooooo much more exciting and rewarding.

So yeah, even if all the mechanics are purely based in real life, a tutorial still adds sooooo much towards creating an educated player base.

To elaborate on this:

Had GT2 not had like 50 "license tests", which are just basically disguised tutorials, I would still be playing GT2. I would still be having fun. But I'd just be buying fast cars, driving fast, smashing into walls, and just cranking it the whole time. It would still be fun but I would essentially be playing the game "wrong".

By going through those liscense tests, which explain real life driving techniques and how to implement them in game, my skill and appreciation for the game just totally skyrocketed.

Imagine a world where the average joe playing UFC actually understands to some extent real life fighting mechanics/techniques?!

You can blame the games mechanics for how people play, with the extremely high volume and what not, but its ALSO true, that most of these people literally just don't know any better or any different. They are just trying to play the game and do some damage.

A tutorial and a fleshed out practice mode could make huge waves in creating an educated player base, and pushing towards a more realistic meta.

You can't necessarily ask people who don't actually know how to fight to "fight realistically" can you?

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 11-21-2019 at 10:18 PM.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:12 PM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Could not possibly disagree any stronger.

A lot of what he wants is promoting a purely mechanical arcade style fighter.

Not to.mention, HE HIMSELF even said ~you can't be unprofessional and be in a GCer type role. He said that himself.

He is easily the most unprofessional and rude person on these forums, and it's not even close.

Nobody who treats other people like he does should be rewarded.

*edit*
I seriously debated with myself whether I should even post this reply. I have RM on ignore for a reason..... Im sure he'll probably report this post but **** it. It needs to be said, and I know I'm not the only 1 thinking it.
I'm sorry, but anyone who I got banned absolutely deserved it. This totally shows your bias as well because even though we actually agree on many things, you can't see it because you don't like me. I don't necessarily like Hammer (1212headkick) sometimes, but I acknowledge when he has good points.

And I've been on MMA forums since I was 15. That's over ten years now. I'm THE OG if we're flexing here. I've been a top player before Kenetic NRG picked up a controller competitively. My online league fights from the first UFC Undisputed game are still online to this day. There hasn't been an MMA game since then that I haven't broken. The MT collar 25% BS game in UD1 was taken off because of my community. The terrible clinch and Brock punch spam in UD2 was removed because of my community. UD3 was tight. I broke EA MMA with the LRLRLR spam and dual headkick insta KO on day 1 causing it to be patched. 1212headkick himself is named because that was the original insta death block breaker combo before it got damage patched in this game. There's a million other different little things that made these games better that no one will ever know that I broke or brought attention to.

And yes, this is a stupid video game, and yes I'm a grown man arguing on the internet. But god damn if this game series doesn't mean a lot to me. Believe it or not, I'm not a POS. But MMA (and by extension these games) are my number one passion in life. I've been involved in it since I was a preschooler and I've stepped in the cage more times than Conor McGregor. So I have no tolerance for ignorance or any perception there-of.

That's why I don't care about being a gamechanger. There is no reasonable doubt that major changes happened to this game because I brought attention to them on this forum. I already am one.

Sorry for the rant. Had to get that #itsstillrealtomedammit speech out sometime or another.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2019, 11:25 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Do you think it would be better if every strike had the same stopping power?
No but the game should make more of an effort to explain how it works
Old 11-22-2019, 10:34 AM   #53
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

I think I replayed to this thread, but didn’t really answer the question.

I’ve slowed down but with all the gripes I may have, it’s still addictive. It’s the only game I play online. I only play single player games and usually deep dive into franchise modes in sports games. UFC 2 was all UT, this game was all Ranked. The changes to UT was a huge mistake, so I just played in Ranked.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:17 PM   #54
Pro

Quote:
A lot of what he wants is promoting a purely mechanical arcade style fighter.
Pretty sure the GC program is supposed to consist of people with different interests so each demographic gets represented in some way.

Quote:
A tutorial and a fleshed out practice mode could make huge waves in creating an educated player base, and pushing towards a more realistic meta.

You can't necessarily ask people who don't actually know how to fight to "fight realistically" can you?
Fat chance. The top players have already figured out that the best way to play is what you deem unrealistic. You can't say that the player base would improve yet "fight realistically".
Old 11-22-2019, 12:23 PM   #55

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I feel like a guy who got like half the community banned probably shouldn't have a position like that. Old school looonnnng time ufc/mma gaming community guys. Its actually insane.
No one got anyone banned but themselves so you can drop that nonsense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2019, 01:17 PM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
I'm sorry, but anyone who I got banned absolutely deserved it. This totally shows your bias as well because even though we actually agree on many things, you can't see it because you don't like me. I don't necessarily like Hammer (1212headkick) sometimes, but I acknowledge when he has good points.

And I've been on MMA forums since I was 15. That's over ten years now. I'm THE OG if we're flexing here. I've been a top player before Kenetic NRG picked up a controller competitively. My online league fights from the first UFC Undisputed game are still online to this day. There hasn't been an MMA game since then that I haven't broken. The MT collar 25% BS game in UD1 was taken off because of my community. The terrible clinch and Brock punch spam in UD2 was removed because of my community. UD3 was tight. I broke EA MMA with the LRLRLR spam and dual headkick insta KO on day 1 causing it to be patched. 1212headkick himself is named because that was the original insta death block breaker combo before it got damage patched in this game. There's a million other different little things that made these games better that no one will ever know that I broke or brought attention to.

And yes, this is a stupid video game, and yes I'm a grown man arguing on the internet. But god damn if this game series doesn't mean a lot to me. Believe it or not, I'm not a POS. But MMA (and by extension these games) are my number one passion in life. I've been involved in it since I was a preschooler and I've stepped in the cage more times than Conor McGregor. So I have no tolerance for ignorance or any perception there-of.

That's why I don't care about being a gamechanger. There is no reasonable doubt that major changes happened to this game because I brought attention to them on this forum. I already am one.

Sorry for the rant. Had to get that #itsstillrealtomedammit speech out sometime or another.
Me and monkey have had it out. But the main reason we usually argue is because hes trying to help me and I'm being difficult. I wouldnt know anything about striking if it wasnt for him. I remember the night he won the esfl belt and I couldnt of been happier for him. When your sitting in a party with him. Hes mildmannered and soft spoken unlike here. Dont know why hes like that here but you get what you put in. I just imagine him arguing with a million mes here constantly and I understand. He can scale down some times on how he approaches things but at his very heart knowing him he will spend hours trying to help you get better. Even if it hurts lol. That's not to say on some issues we stand on completely different sides of the spectrum but in others we agree. When you've experienced this game at a high level then you see what hes talking about.

Last edited by 1212headkick; 11-22-2019 at 01:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »