Home

Maaaann... Randoms are some haters. IMG inside.

This is a discussion on Maaaann... Randoms are some haters. IMG inside. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2020, 12:53 PM   #1
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0

I was on pace for 100. Lol

Nah, i got 14 real quick. Got hot, scored another 11. Start of the second i started passing.

One dude quit in the 3rd cuz no one was hitting him i guess...

The one who was feeding me fouled out. Worked out for me because i ended up scoring another 11 points in the 4th to close out the game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PS_Messages_20200129_104948.jpg (199.9 KB, 369 views)
File Type: jpg PS_Messages_20200129_104951.jpg (227.7 KB, 368 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2020, 10:11 PM   #2
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Re: Maaaann... Randoms are some haters. IMG inside.

My boy got it the worse Iv ever seen anybody get it. My boy sent me a screenshot one day of him having like 30 before halftime and team winning. Then he sends me another screen of him with the same 30 at the end of the 4th and his team list by double digits. Apparently his PG messaged him saying he shot too much and he barely got the ball after halftime lol

I can’t stand randoms

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-01-2020, 11:57 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 1

I once played in an after work league. We all paid to be in the league. Our first year, we went 0-8. We were undermanned and had to play pretty much all 40 minutes, and there were some teams with ringers. But we got steadily better. I personally got in much better shape and was much more effective. If we'd played some of the closer games over again by the end of the year we would have won a few.

The next year, a couple of very competitive people on my team brought in a couple of 'friends'. These guys could dunk and were way better than most of us. The second year, I played maybe 12-15 minutes a game while still paying the same amount. We went 4-4. I quit after that.

-------------------

My point is that people play rec mostly to play. Winning is secondary unless you are 95+ (in which case a loss will kill your OVR). I'm not saying you shouldn't play to win, but its a delicate balance. If you are lighting it up and its taking all those points to keep your team in the lead, then keep shooting. If your squad is up at 25 at halftime and you've taken %90 of the shots, time to start passing, even if you are 'open'. This goes for PGs who see you as an easy assist. They should be trying to keep everyone involved. If you don't people might start not playing defense, or griefing. I have definitely been on both sides, where I've been dominating and when someone else is dominating and I'm never seeing the ball. The latter is real frustrating, even if your team is winning. If you are a scoring build and are not getting shut down by your mind it is incredibly frustrating when one guy is taking all the shots because their man isn't playing D. Also, just because you are a scoring build doesn't mean you shouldn't be passing the ball to people. Sometimes I get the feeling that because someone is a 'slasher', they need to try to score every time they get the ball.

All that said, yes, many randoms are total morons. They want the ball but then when you give it to them they force a stupid shot or turnover and after a few of those you stop giving them the ball and they start getting intentional 3 seconds. It's really all about balance and reading the situation. In the case on this thread I don't think the player did anything wrong, but there are definitely situations where being dominant can hurt the rest of the team.

Pro-am, that's a different story. There it really is about winning first everything else second.
Old 02-01-2020, 09:51 PM   #4
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Being an undersized, Post Playmaking Center with a group of randoms is the worst. No one hits me on the low block, no one utilizes me in the high post, and everyone yells at me to cut to the rim even though my guy is money from midrange and my Glass-Lock matchup is just camping in the paint. I made a Center to try to counter all of the max height Glass-Locks out there, but if you aren't going to utilize in the things I'm good at then I'm going to be useless. Basically, there's a bunch of randoms who have no clue how to play with a Center who doesn't just rebound and kick it out to them for a 3.

I had some guys call me out because my matchup had me doubled on the boards. I politely pointed out that he only had 1 offensive rebound even though he was a glass-lock who was 4 ovr points higher than me. The reason he had 16 boards was because two of my teammates were shooting a combined 3-19 from the field, so there were a lot more defensive rebounds to be had for him than there were for me.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:20 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Being an undersized, Post Playmaking Center with a group of randoms is the worst. No one hits me on the low block, no one utilizes me in the high post, and everyone yells at me to cut to the rim even though my guy is money from midrange and my Glass-Lock matchup is just camping in the paint. I made a Center to try to counter all of the max height Glass-Locks out there, but if you aren't going to utilize in the things I'm good at then I'm going to be useless. Basically, there's a bunch of randoms who have no clue how to play with a Center who doesn't just rebound and kick it out to them for a 3.

I had some guys call me out because my matchup had me doubled on the boards. I politely pointed out that he only had 1 offensive rebound even though he was a glass-lock who was 4 ovr points higher than me. The reason he had 16 boards was because two of my teammates were shooting a combined 3-19 from the field, so there were a lot more defensive rebounds to be had for him than there were for me.
One thing infuriating is how little people understand cause and effect. They don't realize that missing a ton==tons of defensive rebounds for the other team. Also, missing a lot, and driving in and getting blocked or shut down by the opposing big really quickly hikes that big's takeover meter, which then results in even more rebonds and blocks (if not team takeover).

Also, if guards are letting their man past them over and over and you as the big are rotating for defense, it means someone else has to box out your man. But since its usually a race to leak out so that you will get the outlet and not someone else, that man is typically unboxed and gets the offensive board. Once you are out of position against a dedicated/giant rebounder, he may miss over and over but its real hard to snag that rebound over him, further padding his numbers.

Last edited by Erithtotl; 02-02-2020 at 10:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2020, 10:44 PM   #6
MVP

I don't get it... I gift these kids a 12 point lead in the 3rd. I had 22 points, 4 steals, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and a block. I've made 2 threes, shooting 10-12 from the floor. And they ice me out of the game in the 4th and we lose. I was deliberately coming down for the inbound so i could drive and kick because the guards only wanted to shoot. I had a baby on me at the 4. I've got enough dribbling i can get past anyone, but nooooo they wanted their numbers. So the last 2 minutes i stop playing defense and they all get on the Mic and call me trash. Lol!

Like... I gotta teach these guys a lesson somehow. You wanna play 4 on 5? Ok well then you don't get my elite defense that was carrying you through 3 quarters.

And it's not like this was just in my head. I was down for the inbound and they would throw it past me to their buddy to throw up a terrible 3.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:27 AM   #7
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
I don't get it... I gift these kids a 12 point lead in the 3rd. I had 22 points, 4 steals, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and a block. I've made 2 threes, shooting 10-12 from the floor. And they ice me out of the game in the 4th and we lose. I was deliberately coming down for the inbound so i could drive and kick because the guards only wanted to shoot. I had a baby on me at the 4. I've got enough dribbling i can get past anyone, but nooooo they wanted their numbers. So the last 2 minutes i stop playing defense and they all get on the Mic and call me trash. Lol!

Like... I gotta teach these guys a lesson somehow. You wanna play 4 on 5? Ok well then you don't get my elite defense that was carrying you through 3 quarters.

And it's not like this was just in my head. I was down for the inbound and they would throw it past me to their buddy to throw up a terrible 3.

How bout this old classic

At tip spam all 4 of your teammates party invites and messages and get ignored. Then when you make ONE mistake, here comes an avalanche of invites. And when you get in the party 4 people call you trash lol

I get kids doing that but i see more adults doing it and it pisses me off. And usually it’s a mofo that’s 2-8 telling you to calm down at 0-1 lol

Old 02-03-2020, 11:35 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
How bout this old classic

At tip spam all 4 of your teammates party invites and messages and get ignored. Then when you make ONE mistake, here comes an avalanche of invites. And when you get in the party 4 people call you trash lol

I get kids doing that but i see more adults doing it and it pisses me off. And usually it’s a mofo that’s 2-8 telling you to calm down at 0-1 lol

How about this?

Earlier today i had 26 points heading into the 4th. Missed 2 shots, 4/4 from deep. I got "Waiting To Restore Connection" and got kicked. Turned the game off and went to sleep. Go to play on that character this morning and i lost my OVR.

Lol what?

**** 2k for that one. You kick me and i take the L, AND lose my OVR?

Oh yeah, i never lost connection to the internet. My phone was online, my friends list was still live. No problem on my end. Just 2k straight kicking me for no reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »