Home

Versatile Offensive Players

This is a discussion on Versatile Offensive Players within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2020, 04:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Versatile Offensive Players

Hi!

Was just thinking about the 49ers offense and how they scheme things. One thing that they really like to do is present mismatches with their personnel. They may can conceivably call running plays for Deebo Samuel or George Kittle. They'll come in with a run-heavy set, and then because they have guys like Kittle, Juszczy.. they can pass out of it... and/or shift to a passing formation.

And, there was a lot of hope for Jalen Hurd (who unfortunately is most likely going to be on IR for the second season in a row), who is a 6'5", 250 lb WR... but could conceivably line up at RB or TE.

It's not something I delved too deeply into before, but I was just kind of curious... what options do we have to really create mismatches and taking advantage of versatile offensive skill players?

IIRC, Madden doesn't let us get too creative with some of that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2020, 05:18 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Versatile Offensive Players

You can do position subs. Put your fullback in a tight end spot. Or vice versa. Formation subs are another way. It just takes some time to get set up.

#fixmaddenfranchise
Old 08-18-2020, 01:01 AM   #3
Rookie

MasonOS95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
You can do position subs. Put your fullback in a tight end spot. Or vice versa. Formation subs are another way. It just takes some time to get set up.

#fixmaddenfranchise

Unless you use the live playbooks

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-18-2020, 05:49 AM   #4
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Isn't there going to be a severe stamina penalty for "out of position" players in M21? So when you RUN a jet sweep with a WR or TE he gets hit with a big stamina drop, especially when hit by a defender? (I guess that would also apply to a pass-catching HB lining up in the slot, etc.) Which in my opinion would make truly versatile players basically useless? May be wrong, though.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 08-18-2020, 10:29 AM   #5
Pro

I know in the past, there was always an issue with "cheese." People have clamored that they are unable to put their WR at HB but what they were really wanting to do was put a 99 speed player at HB and run sweeps all day.

I suppose the issue is that EA should not prevent you from putting your fastest guy in the most exploitable position but rather create penalties in doing so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2020, 09:31 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
I know in the past, there was always an issue with "cheese." People have clamored that they are unable to put their WR at HB but what they were really wanting to do was put a 99 speed player at HB and run sweeps all day.

I suppose the issue is that EA should not prevent you from putting your fastest guy in the most exploitable position but rather create penalties in doing so.
Or they could allow offline franchises to do whatever the eff they want, and create restrictions for online play to be "fair," (i.e., not allow cheesers). Instead of trying to appeal to both modes, they should open up Single online and/or offline modes to be completely editable, as there is no consequences in cheesing against the CPU.
Old 08-20-2020, 11:13 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.hunt1376
Or they could allow offline franchises to do whatever the eff they want, and create restrictions for online play to be "fair," (i.e., not allow cheesers). Instead of trying to appeal to both modes, they should open up Single online and/or offline modes to be completely editable, as there is no consequences in cheesing against the CPU.
Hey man... don't shoot the messenger!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »