Home

Decompiling and modding NHL2K10 PS3

This is a discussion on Decompiling and modding NHL2K10 PS3 within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 01-22-2021, 03:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Decompiling and modding NHL2K10 PS3

I am in the process of speaking to some highly experienced C++ and Game developers / coders online about modding NHL2K10. Several sources are going to look at the game files over next few days and let me know what they think. The Playstation game currently seems to be spread across 3x SDAT files each around 1.5gb. Has anyone tried to edit, decompile or pull these part in the past?

I have a small team that has come together to look at finally modding NHL2K10 and unlocking some serious potential for PC hockey again. I know of NHL 2004 rebuilt and love it but would be nice to have more modded hockey games until EA decides to give us PC players a good game again, also on a personal level I'm fed up of not having a hockey game I can easily play with friends and I'm a bit determined to build something myself on PC using NHL2K10. 09 with mods like Elite Rosters gets boring and of course there is 2KHS which I have to say is looking very promising and I am a patreon of this project too... however I feel the more of us playing and modding hockey the better it'll be.

I have a bit of time and funding behind me to get some help onboard a team of small volunteers. I've been playing a lot of 2K10 the last few days messing with sliders and settings. Quite frankily I'm enjoying it more than NHL21.

Would love to hear from people on these forums!

Last edited by MuzzUK; 02-16-2021 at 06:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2021, 09:21 PM   #2
Rookie

rangers9911's Arena

Re: Decompiling and modding NHL2K10 PS3

I'll be watching this closely. If the structure is the same as Xbox, this could change the game a bit.
Old 01-22-2021, 10:05 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

I will equally be paying attention to this. I spent weeks tweaking sliders in 2009 when the game came out. And a couple of years ago when the rosters started showing up more frequently I dug out the same rosters and reworked them again. Despite 2K8 having a fantastic editor, I think 2K10 is the game that is far more captivating so anything that can be done to make it more editable would be fantastic. I know that incredible things are being done to mod even graphically the PS3 version of NCAA14 so I'm hopeful of something similar. You get the audio names lined up with players' real names, the chance to play around with player ratings and game physics, remove portrait faces and if nothing else just a simple way to update rosters and it would change the world of 2K10 roster editing. Now if we added to that the ability to replace graphics... I don't even wanna think what that would do.
Good luck, looking forward to hearing more.
Old 01-23-2021, 04:50 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzUK
I am in the process of speaking to a highly experienced C++ and Game developer / coder online about modding NHL2K10. He's going to look at the game files over next few days and let me know what he thinks. The Playstation game currently seems to be spread across 3x SDAT files each around 1.5gb. Has anyone tried to edit, decompile or pull these part in the past?

On a personal level I'm fed up of not having a hockey game I can easily play with friends and I'm a bit determined to build something myself on PC using NHL2K10. I know of 04 Rebuilt, various 09 mods like Elite Rosters and of course 2KHS... however I feel the more of us playing and modding hockey the better it'll be.

I have a bit of time and funding behind me to get some help onboard. I've been playing a lot of 2K10 the last few days messing with sliders and settings. Quite frankily I'm enjoying it more than NHL21.

Would love to here from people!
Good luck mate!

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html
Old 01-23-2021, 12:31 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I will equally be paying attention to this. I spent weeks tweaking sliders in 2009 when the game came out. And a couple of years ago when the rosters started showing up more frequently I dug out the same rosters and reworked them again. Despite 2K8 having a fantastic editor, I think 2K10 is the game that is far more captivating so anything that can be done to make it more editable would be fantastic. I know that incredible things are being done to mod even graphically the PS3 version of NCAA14 so I'm hopeful of something similar. You get the audio names lined up with players' real names, the chance to play around with player ratings and game physics, remove portrait faces and if nothing else just a simple way to update rosters and it would change the world of 2K10 roster editing. Now if we added to that the ability to replace graphics... I don't even wanna think what that would do.
Good luck, looking forward to hearing more.

NHL09 on pc for beginners is ok but its not a great overall experience. Modded pc one to hell recently to get some friends into hockey. Good fun over parsec but eventually the AI and the arcade play becomes boring. Fired up NHL 10, 11, 14 and 15 recently and 2k10. 2k10 with sliders is the most fun. For some reason i just couldnt generate accurate or realistic penalty calls in any EA game after 09. Tried sliders and various settings, maybe i need to update games. I will keep you updated on the 2k10 project. No idea yet how feasable my ideas are yet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2021, 05:56 PM   #6
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

Right on the same boat as you as far as fed up with EA.

I have 2K10 on the PS3 still because of it. What sliders have you been using? Would love to get some screenshots of your settings to play it on my copy as well.

Will look forward to the potential of modding this game.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:11 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt96
Right on the same boat as you as far as fed up with EA.

I have edited my original post as I've now got a couple of potential parties looking at the game files.

I have 2K10 on the PS3 still because of it. What sliders have you been using? Would love to get some screenshots of your settings to play it on my copy as well.

Will look forward to the potential of modding this game.
I'll play later today hopefully and post some slider sets for you. I am more of sim hockey guy I like realistic shot numbers and goals where possible and good amount of pens etc. Don't get me wrong I do like NHL 21 but playing with friends is my issue. I try to make my hockey games as hard as possible :-)

Xbox streaming service is trash at the moment I have to stream to my Win10 PC then use Parsec to get me friends in game, half the time its a lag fest. NHL 2K10 + Parsec is great fun.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:54 PM   #8
Rookie

I can’t wait to see the discoveries you make here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »