Home

MLB the Show hitting idea

This is a discussion on MLB the Show hitting idea within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2021, 03:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MLB the Show hitting idea

I had a random thought on how to change mlb the shows hitting. I was thinking maybe they could adjust it to be like a first person shooter. Where the right trigger is the swing which could give players more leeway with check swings. Then you make the right analog control the reticle or PCI. Also giving it more free motion rather than letting it rubber band back to the middle of the plate. Then you can maybe select X, O, square to set you swing type as contact, power, normal before the pitch. Then you can adjust all the other pre pitch options according. Let me know your thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2021, 05:39 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB the Show hitting idea

a new first-person ''camera'' angle would be a wonderful addition to the Shows various angles, while pitching also too, as well as batting

my personal favorite angles are Pitcher Zoom (pitching) & Wide & Fisheye (batting)

I love how in the NASCAR Heat games you can choose in-car cam and I think it was nfl2k5 they had a first-person camera angle

a first-person cam in RTTS in particular would be a great option

A Work in Progress
Old 05-16-2021, 07:37 PM   #3
MVP

I like R2 to swing, and you could hold the face buttons as modifiers. Nice.
Old 05-16-2021, 09:22 PM   #4
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
a new first-person ''camera'' angle would be a wonderful addition to the Shows various angles, while pitching also too, as well as batting

my personal favorite angles are Pitcher Zoom (pitching) & Wide & Fisheye (batting)

I love how in the NASCAR Heat games you can choose in-car cam and I think it was nfl2k5 they had a first-person camera angle

a first-person cam in RTTS in particular would be a great option
Hey, my thoughts exactly! I mentioned in another thread recently that I think a first person camera would be awesome. They did, in fact, have a first person camera in NFL 2K5 and it actually worked pretty well.

I'd love to at least have a first person view for fielding b/c I think fielding is where it would benefit the most, but if they could manage to make one for pitching and hitting as well, that would be phenomenal.
Old 05-17-2021, 12:52 PM   #5
Rookie

I was more thinking of just using a similar controller scheme to shooting games for hitting leaving the camera as is but yeah a 1st person view in general would def be cool as an option especially for RTTS. That could be interesting rather than some these gimmicks they put in the game that no really uses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2021, 01:30 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
Hey, my thoughts exactly! I mentioned in another thread recently that I think a first person camera would be awesome. They did, in fact, have a first person camera in NFL 2K5 and it actually worked pretty well.

I'd love to at least have a first person view for fielding b/c I think fielding is where it would benefit the most, but if they could manage to make one for pitching and hitting as well, that would be phenomenal.
MLB 2k had first person baseball also at one point. I only used it a handful of times and my only memory with it is hitting a bomb with Jasom Giambi.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 05-17-2021, 01:33 PM   #7
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

As an analog hitter, using the trigger to swing makes a lot of sense, especially as the triggers themselves have come a long way in quality and sensitivity. I like this suggestion a lot.

I dig the first person cam idea too. I've always wanted that for fielding in RTTS as well.

Last edited by jeffy777; 05-17-2021 at 01:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »