Home

Slider guru help

This is a discussion on Slider guru help within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2022, 06:01 PM   #1
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Slider guru help

Everything is at default currently. I want hitters to be smarter at the plate, and pitchers smarter throwing. Also, I want both sides to throw less pitches a inning. Right now, the avg for all hum and cpu pitchers is over 20+ a inning. Bonus would be lower HBP also.

I was thinking contact 6, control 6 and consistency 6. Will this make things better or just a null adjustment and I'll see no change?

I am at the end of spring, so idk if that may have anything to do with what I'm seeing.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

Last edited by forme95; 06-01-2022 at 09:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2022, 09:52 AM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Slider guru help

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Everything is at default currently. I want hitters to be smarter at the plate, and pitchers smarter throwing. Also, I want both sides to throw less pitches a inning. Right now, the avg for all hum and cpu pitchers is over 20+ a inning. Bonus would be lower HBP also.

I was thinking contact 6, control 6 and consistency 6. Will this make things better or just a null adjustment and I'll see no change?

I am at the end of spring, so idk if that may have anything to do with what I'm seeing.
Not sure what difficulty you're on; that'll be a factor (as it also would be if you use certain custom rosters).

I've messed with sliders; it's not worth it at all. I'm currently on AS+ default after making the mistake of making slider changes for a sizable chunk of games.

ST can give you a lot of weird matchups and dynamics - I would change nothing based on ST alone (even April games are not a good gauge IMO). My suggestion is to just dive into the reg season on defaults and re-evaluate at the end of June.
Old 06-01-2022, 10:19 AM   #3
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Not sure what difficulty you're on; that'll be a factor (as it also would be if you use certain custom rosters).

I've messed with sliders; it's not worth it at all. I'm currently on AS+ default after making the mistake of making slider changes for a sizable chunk of games.

ST can give you a lot of weird matchups and dynamics - I would change nothing based on ST alone (even April games are not a good gauge IMO). My suggestion is to just dive into the reg season on defaults and re-evaluate at the end of June.
Thanks Josh. Im on AS, SDS live roster 4/29 no adjustments. This is for my manage mode franchise. My play one I am not so worried about these things because I can control more.
I wasnt planning on making any changes till after April if I decided to. Spring does play different. I wanted to start in spring to see if I could get good stories going. Prospect surprise, rough start veterans, etc. I think your right holding off till June and seeing. My thought by the purpose of the sliders would make players smarter, in turn making games more interesting. However, my understanding of the game leads me to believe it wont change anything.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Old 06-01-2022, 10:26 AM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Thanks Josh. Im on AS, SDS live roster 4/29 no adjustments. This is for my manage mode franchise. My play one I am not so worried about these things because I can control more.
I wasnt planning on making any changes till after April if I decided to. Spring does play different. I wanted to start in spring to see if I could get good stories going. Prospect surprise, rough start veterans, etc. I think your right holding off till June and seeing. My thought by the purpose of the sliders would make players smarter, in turn making games more interesting. However, my understanding of the game leads me to believe it wont change anything.
Manage mode may have nuances to them....but I really don't think so. I really tend to subconsciously focus on AI behavior when I play - there is so much dang variety once you start getting hot/cold streaks into play. April can be a bit "dull" in terms of outcomes, May gets better, June is where I think the game variety begins to blossom....and when I say variety, I don't just mean outcomes, but how the players play.

The funny thing about this game is that defaults really capture the essence of the current day game really well...for better or worse, depending on your POV. I'm personally not a fan of modern MLB, but at least in my franchise, I have decided to allow the game to replicate today's era and just roll with the punches as they come.
Old 06-01-2022, 12:39 PM   #5
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Manage mode may have nuances to them....but I really don't think so. I really tend to subconsciously focus on AI behavior when I play - there is so much dang variety once you start getting hot/cold streaks into play. April can be a bit "dull" in terms of outcomes, May gets better, June is where I think the game variety begins to blossom....and when I say variety, I don't just mean outcomes, but how the players play.

The funny thing about this game is that defaults really capture the essence of the current day game really well...for better or worse, depending on your POV. I'm personally not a fan of modern MLB, but at least in my franchise, I have decided to allow the game to replicate today's era and just roll with the punches as they come.
It is one of the fun things about MoM I like. I love watching the animations and watching the gameplay and how the cpu goes through the motions. Its quite enjoyable. I broke my hand years back and have a plate and screws in it. I love my play franchise, but its hard to complete a season. After one game, its hard to play a second. MoM lets me get through multiple seasons.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2022, 07:47 PM   #6
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

I can’t believe I am saying/doing this and maybe it’s my age or my struggle with trying to find a perfect slider set (no such thing, I know) has just exhausted me.

I recently started a test franchise on 22 (ps5) on dynamic level (locked in on all star + both pitch and hit).

Single team control, Retro view hit (directional) broadcast view pitch (classic), medium view/auto field & manual throw, manual baserunning.

ONLY slider adjustments are both pitch speeds to 7, trades at 3 (except July and Dec at 4) and injuries (play and sim) at 6.

Here’s what I found. Won some, lost some, hit barrages, dominant pitchers - it was all there for me.

BlueNGold’s AAA and AA stadiums are spectacular, so I am starting a real franchise with this set up and playing all MLB, AAA and AA games for the team I’ve selected.

Never done this before, but playing with my farm system in “real”minor league parks is too much to pass up (even though MLBTS 20 is better).

Decided on single team control, ONLY because I want to focus on my org and my org only.

Wherever the stats end up after the season (every pitch/every game), so be it. If anything looks way out of the relm of mlb averages, who cares. Only then will I maybe tweak sliders - then again I still might just let them be.

Dowie
Old 06-03-2022, 08:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
I can’t believe I am saying/doing this and maybe it’s my age or my struggle with trying to find a perfect slider set (no such thing, I know) has just exhausted me.

I recently started a test franchise on 22 (ps5) on dynamic level (locked in on all star + both pitch and hit).

Single team control, Retro view hit (directional) broadcast view pitch (classic), medium view/auto field & manual throw, manual baserunning.

ONLY slider adjustments are both pitch speeds to 7, trades at 3 (except July and Dec at 4) and injuries (play and sim) at 6.

Here’s what I found. Won some, lost some, hit barrages, dominant pitchers - it was all there for me.

BlueNGold’s AAA and AA stadiums are spectacular, so I am starting a real franchise with this set up and playing all MLB, AAA and AA games for the team I’ve selected.

Never done this before, but playing with my farm system in “real”minor league parks is too much to pass up (even though MLBTS 20 is better).

Decided on single team control, ONLY because I want to focus on my org and my org only.

Wherever the stats end up after the season (every pitch/every game), so be it. If anything looks way out of the relm of mlb averages, who cares. Only then will I maybe tweak sliders - then again I still might just let them be.

Dowie
Man, I’m in the same boat! I’ve played mostly on HOF and it either feels too easy or too hard. I’m thinking of taking Josh’s advice and trying out AS+ because he’s been adamant it just feels better than HOF. The reality that default is pretty spot on with small adjustments over time.
Old 06-03-2022, 09:05 PM   #8
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLICIT206
Man, I’m in the same boat! I’ve played mostly on HOF and it either feels too easy or too hard. I’m thinking of taking Josh’s advice and trying out AS+ because he’s been adamant it just feels better than HOF. The reality that default is pretty spot on with small adjustments over time.
I’ve been stingy on Armor’s set up and his set up def works (probably more on 20 than 22)

Wouldn’t say all star + feels better per se, but I find it enjoyable (with default sliders) and it will probably hold up really well over 162 a little better (on 22). Only time will tell, but I’m going for it.

I’ve always thought Armor and Josh are spot on w/ their analysis. Both just look at the game a bit differently.

For 22, I am leaning toward Josh, and 20 is def Armor.

Dowie

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »