Home

If you're a fan of Tennis you gotta try this!

This is a discussion on If you're a fan of Tennis you gotta try this! within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: If you're a fan of Tennis you gotta try this!

if you are looking for a non xbox game, tennis elbow 2011 is much better.

its been around for 8 years and has a 15 year career.

i wont link because im not trying tospam, just love the game
Old 04-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehip41
if you are looking for a non xbox game, tennis elbow 2011 is much better.

its been around for 8 years and has a 15 year career.

i wont link because im not trying tospam, just love the game

No mate Fulla Ace Tennis is a far better simulation than Tennis Elbow, trust me, you'd better have a try on it. I've been playing tennis games on almost any platform : C64, Amiga, pc, and HD consoles too. From the first "Tennis Law" and Pro Tennis tour in the '80s to the Top Spin series, Dream match Tennis and Tennis Elbow too and I simply have to say no other game give me that sense of "real tennis gameplay" Full Ace Tennis does
Yes it's quite difficult to master on begin but once you get it you really are "on the court". Very good AI, the on line experience is great, there's even an "on line tour" and ranking, great support from the developper. Replays, "hawk-eye" and "challenge" calling system, differents cams, tons of tournaments with their specific rebounces, totally customizable players, and most of all, all type of shots and effects you can do "for real". If you want a real simualtion you can't miss it

Last edited by T-Duke; 04-15-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:17 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I just played with the demo a little and unfortunately experienced two nasty crashes, one that forced me to reboot my system. A nice reminder of why I left PC gaming ten years ago.

The little I was able to play of Full Ace was decent, and I would have definitely invested some time into it. Too bad the game and my PC don't get along.

Next.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #12
Rookie

In spite of my previous post, I'd like to give kudos to Full Ace. After emailing them a detailed explanation of the crashes I experienced, I received a reply THE SAME DAY from the main developer, informing me that he had fixed the problems. I LOVE the quick response. If only the big developers at 2k and EA could work like that.

I haven't had a chance to go back and try the game since, but I look forward to doing that -- that is, AFTER I purchase a gamepad (stay away from keyboard control, unless you like a REAL challenge ). Overall, I'm extremely impressed by the work and dedication of the small team working on Full Ace.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:35 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Duke
No mate Fulla Ace Tennis is a far better simulation than Tennis Elbow, trust me, you'd better have a try on it. I've been playing tennis games on almost any platform : C64, Amiga, pc, and HD consoles too. From the first "Tennis Law" and Pro Tennis tour in the '80s to the Top Spin series, Dream match Tennis and Tennis Elbow too and I simply have to say no other game give me that sense of "real tennis gameplay" Full Ace Tennis does
Yes it's quite difficult to master on begin but once you get it you really are "on the court". Very good AI, the on line experience is great, there's even an "on line tour" and ranking, great support from the developper. Replays, "hawk-eye" and "challenge" calling system, differents cams, tons of tournaments with their specific rebounces, totally customizable players, and most of all, all type of shots and effects you can do "for real". If you want a real simualtion you can't miss it
I am in a 100% agreement with everything you said T-Duke, Tennis Elbow is pretty good but if you want a simulation of Tennis then it is a no-brainer--it's Full Ace all the way.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallberries
In spite of my previous post, I'd like to give kudos to Full Ace. After emailing them a detailed explanation of the crashes I experienced, I received a reply THE SAME DAY from the main developer, informing me that he had fixed the problems. I LOVE the quick response. If only the big developers at 2k and EA could work like that.

I haven't had a chance to go back and try the game since, but I look forward to doing that -- that is, AFTER I purchase a gamepad (stay away from keyboard control, unless you like a REAL challenge ). Overall, I'm extremely impressed by the work and dedication of the small team working on Full Ace.
Good to hear, yes a controller is definitely recommended. The game is just wonderful and continues to improve with every update, the game has been in developement for around 3 years and just released April of last year. KSchoice is I believe the lead designer and responds to questions, recommendations so I urge those of you who want to register on the Full Ace Forums and join the community.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:09 AM   #15
Rookie

I went ahead and purchased the game, although I'm not 100% sold on it. It's challenging, that's for sure, but unfortunately much of that challenge is from unintuitive, floaty controls (I LOVE the serving, however -- MUCH better risk/reward than TS4). Also, the game suffers from too steep of a learning curve. Although you can set AI aggressiveness to "easy," I didn't notice much difference. That is, there's no true "easy" mode in Full Ace to let you gain some confidence in the game mechanics. You're just thrown to the wolves. So far, in about 5 matches, the most points I've won in any match is 7. While I love a good challenge, it ceases to be fun when 99% of lost points are the result of fighting the controls. It's a VERY different system than what we're used to in tennis games. Full Ace offers a tutorial, but it in no way prepared me for the beatdowns that came my way in tournaments. Now, I'm sure I'll get better with more match play, but the frustration is starting to outweigh my desire to keep going.

Graphics in this game are serviceable. Nowhere near the level of TS4, but that's expected in an Indie title. The only real problem I have with them is that the ball is too hard to see on some court surfaces, particularly when the game tries to emulate the sun's glare on the court.

The AI seemed pretty good, but it was hard to gauge HOW good due to the amount of points I was losing just fighing with the controls. I also appreciated seeing a number of unforced errors, as well as serving faults, by the AI. TS can learn something from this game.

While I love that Full Ace includes over 200 real players (fictitious names, but editable) and real tournaments (proper sizes, too), the season mode seems shallow. No statistics, no evolution of players, just a yearly tournament schedule. I guess I like it better than TS4's career mode, but it's pretty vanilla. I assume where this game shines is in its online community, much like TS4's. That's not really my cup of tea, so ho hum.

The game is certainly not terrible, and I'm really impressed that it was created by a very small team. I just hope that as it evolves, they tighten the controls, lower the difficulty barrier for newbies, and expand upon the game's season mode.

One last thing: I loved the challenge system. THAT and the serving mechanic are my favorite things about Full Ace. Oh, and a dev who is really helpful and quick to patch any reported bugs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #16
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

There is no way you are expected to be good at the game after 1 day is there? It is going to take time, that game has a steep curve.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »