Home

Where Are the Tennis Games?

This is a discussion on Where Are the Tennis Games? within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2016, 07:34 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
I've always liked tennis games, and would really enjoy a new one. I'll throw some thoughts out there. Top Spin 4 was ok, but I never liked the ball movement. If you aimed at the sideline, time your shot right, and the ball lands about in an area (we'll say 1 foot) inside the sideline. Time it wrong, it'd land about 1 foot outside the sideline. The problem I had was that it never landed in between the area of 1 foot inside and 1 outside of the the sideline. I'd hope a game made now would have much better ball physics, and would land closer to the lines, which would allow for the use of challenges. I'd also like to see serving be more important in a tennis video game. Except maybe in a tennis game a long time ago called V-Tennis and against the last boss player in that game, I would never get the idea that I better hold serve because I may not be able to break my opponent's serve, or if I broke, I'd have an edge. For one, I think we don't see enough aces as in real tennis or at least some serves that yield a return that's off the frame of the receiver's racket. Which leads to another thing in that more unforced errors would be good. It'd be nice to see the ball hit the net more during a rally. In games like Virtua Tennis, if you could reach a ball, it was going over to the other side 99% of the time. I remember a PS2 game called WTA Tour Tennis, that had about 20 or so WTA players. I'm not in tune of how much that would take now, but a new game could be a game like The Golf Club, where you could create a tennis facility with multiple courts and create characters and have tournaments with matches all going on at once. Even if that's too tough to get everyone playing at the same time, there could be the usual online play with rankings. I really hope a new tennis game comes out soon.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:51 PM   #18
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2
There will be a couple of updated tennis games for the PC in 2017/18
Old 03-05-2016, 10:25 AM   #19
Rookie

AceFan84's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Where Are the Tennis Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehip41
Tennis Elbow on Steam. Get the Sams MegaMod.

Its the best tennis game ever.
Is this mod good enough to get Tennis Elbow just for it? It sounds great on paper....
Old 03-05-2016, 01:23 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
There will be a couple of updated tennis games for the PC in 2017/18
JBulls, That sounds exciting. Tell us more! What do you know?

I think Full Ace Tennis on the PC is really good.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:47 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1
TENNIS AS WELL AS BOXING ARE GETTING NO LOVE ON NEW SYSTEMS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2016, 04:00 PM   #22
Just started!

OVR: 0
I'm the definition of a casual tennis fan. I only keep up with the Grand Slams and only know the biggest names; that said, I REALLY want Top Spin 5. The Top Spin games were/are really good. I wouldn't get a tennis game unless it had the slams and a decent (30-40?) roster. It would have to be good too though i think that much is obvious. I'll just cross my fingers for Top Spin 5
Old 03-05-2016, 06:25 PM   #23
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Where Are the Tennis Games?

I was a big Top Spin fan last generation and I would gladly welcome a new addition to that franchise. I did pick up GST 2 last year and its night and day between that and Top Spin 4. Top Spin must of been doing decent numbers to warrant 3 games over the course of the last generation I know it didn't have a regular release cycle but still it did get 3 titles though. Is licensing for Tennis really that high when we had Sega,2K and EA all producing Tennis games with licensed players and events during the last generation.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:46 PM   #24
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
THIS. I would be all over a tennis game right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »