Home

AO International Tennis

This is a discussion on AO International Tennis within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2018, 01:09 PM   #673
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: AO International Tennis

I need to make something clear. When I test everything, I test it thoroughly. As exhausting as it is, I have played over 10 hours with the new patch, and I have troubleshooted a ton.

First video is human vs human (With no movement prior to the release of the serve). If movement occurs prior to the release, its an automatic stumble. So here is a small sample of how easy aces are with full power green up the middle/outwide.

I am forced/he is forced to stumble because of the full power green and placement. On many of these, we are moving correctly in the direction of where the serve is going, but we are forced to "give up", we can't even take a shot at it. This is gamebreaking, as its very easy to get full power green and place the serve.

Here is a quick video I made last night human vs CPU (I am Nadal). Grand Slam difficulty (just like the first video), against a 90 overall Djokovic. The only reason I don't get an ace on the first point is because it wasn't full power green. I ace him EASILY on points 2, 3 and 4 because I get full power green and go down the middle. I have gone entire sets on grand slam, getting aces on every point with the exception of maybe one or two. If that isn't a gamebreaking bug, I dont know what is.

And, I am not trying to be a dick here. But I deserve a little bit more benefit of the doubt. I have been emailing back and forth with the devs since I first got the game, and have helped make some solid improvements to the game. I test, and I test a lot. I believe in this game, but a gamebreaking exploit like this is unnacceptable and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Also, I am not the only one that is having the issue.

This isn't skill, this isn't "I am a good server", it's an exploit in the game, its a bad game mechanic. You guys won't think it's funny when your career serve gets a little better, and you are getting about 15-20 aces every single set. It ruins it for human vs cpu, and it ruins it for hum vs hum.

It needs to be looked at and tweaked. Stumbling mechanics need to happen less, we need our movement free'd up on the baseline, and serving (Hitting the lines with ease with full power) needs to be harder.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 07-24-2018 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:31 PM   #674
Rookie

Serchenko9's Arena

All right, then you will have to be especific with the feedback and let them know that this issue happens on higher difficulties. On pro I have very balanced games, also I don't use any guide when I serve, maybe that's a big clue.
Have you tried to play without the serve guide?
Also I reiterate that they should eliminate all the guides to play online. It makes no sense..
Old 07-24-2018, 01:39 PM   #675
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serchenko9
All right, then you will have to be especific with the feedback and let them know that this issue happens on higher difficulties. On pro I have very balanced games, also I don't use any guide when I serve, maybe that's a big clue.
Have you tried to play without the serve guide?
Also I reiterate that they should eliminate all the guides to play online. It makes no sense..
Guide? As in the blue power bar? I can ace without it because I know how to time it. But I think that bar is necessary on the serve, because the mechanics are not perfect and you should know exactly how much power you are putting into it. As you noticed, I don't use the placement marker, I hate that thing.

And obviously I told the devs that I am noticing it more on higher difficulties. But, on Pro you can ace just as easily with a elite server/above average server. I was acing the CPU with ease on Pro with Monfils, I had 16 in the first set. Just like in the videos, the full power green to outside or inside causes the CPU to stumble.

I'll say again, I deserve more benefit of the doubt. And I have no problem uploading videos of me doing it on Pro if time permits. Note: The dudes bragging about high ace counts on Facebook are playing quick matches/matches online (PS4 I believe) and they are boasting about unstoppable serving. Online defaults to pro difficulty, so it's overpowering and unrealistic with human vs human and human vs CPU.

I've clearly demonstrated in the Human vs CPU video how ridiculously easy it is to get aces down the middle (3 out of 4 points won in grand slam against a 90 overall), and I'll say again: I have had entire sets where every point on my serve with the exception of 1 or 2 are aces. It is literally gamebreaking. The game is no fun, and unbelievabley easy and unrealistic when that exploit exists.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2018, 02:51 PM   #676
Pro

I want you folks to see something. When 2K18 first released, I immediately noticed a "blow by" bug, as well as defensive bugs all around. The blow by bug was game-breaking. I had people telling me my game was broken, or that it didn't load right, that I was playing wrong, that I needed to "Fake sim", that it wasn't as bad as I was saying, that it wasn't happening to them.

It was the most popular thread on NLSC for 2K18, and people fought me on it all year. I stated it was a game mechanic that is part of the new motion system that could not be fixed with sliders, people kept saying it wasn't bad or that it could be fixed. Low and behold, 2K19 is on it's way, and Chris Smoove (popular youtuber who was flown out to LA to play 2K19 before release) stated that online and offline, that the "blow by" defense was indeed "gamebreaking". Online and offline, anybody could take anybody off the dribble, and it was an "exploit" that everybody could use online and easily score. On top of that, the producer of 2K18 Mike Wang, admitted that it was a major problem both offline and online, and that it seriously impacted the "skill gap", as anybody could do it (It took no skill). ON TOP OF THAT, numerous youtubers are suddenly coming out and saying how big of a problem it was online and offline.

I was fought on this ALL YEAR, I literally spent so much of my time uploading proof videos using default settings, different slider sets, everything, and people still fought me on it.

The thread is below.

https://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopi...f=231&t=104225

I am not going to put up with that with AOIT, I am sick of showing clear evidence of issues, and being told that I'm wrong (somehow). Not that it is necessarily happening here, but we all need to take the blinders off at times and look at reality, and look at the big picture. Also, how well do we want this game to show? How bad do we want an AOIT 2? These huge exploits cant be in games, period.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:26 PM   #677
Rookie

mikelecrenski's Arena

OVR: 2

I have a good amount of hours in this game (over 25). I have to say lately though this is not fun at all. Anytime I try to hit the ball to the sideline it will just go out. I will have the cursor so it is in play, but somehow it will always land out. It was not like this previous patch. I only play the career mode and on a higher level, but now my unforced errors are skyrocketing per a game. It really isn't fun anymore and this game was a blast before. I really don't know what changed.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:35 PM   #678
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelecrenski
I have a good amount of hours in this game (over 25). I have to say lately though this is not fun at all. Anytime I try to hit the ball to the sideline it will just go out. I will have the cursor so it is in play, but somehow it will always land out. It was not like this previous patch. I only play the career mode and on a higher level, but now my unforced errors are skyrocketing per a game. It really isn't fun anymore and this game was a blast before. I really don't know what changed.
Keep playing, and turn the "Marker" off. Trust me. The ground game is actually more realistic now, and the attributes/ratings matter more. Before the patch, you could paint the lines basically whenever you wanted, it was insane. I would have 15-25 shot rallies where the line was painted on over half the shots. They made it so you have to hit "realistic" shots more often, in the court and not on the line. I play on grand slam, and even with lower overall players the rallies are really fun. Why? because we can't just paint the lines all the time, and it takes actual skill to keep the ball in play. They made the game harder on the higher levels, so if you are playing on the higher levels, you will need to master the groundstrokes/baseline game. I love the way the game plays now outside of the serving, in fact the gameplay is AWESOME in my opinion. It's just the serving now that I see a major issue with. I'll show a match against the CPU on a higher level over the next few days so you can see that it's possible to keep the ball in play and have great rallies (and fun). Hopefully the serving exploit will be fixed by that time.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:59 AM   #679
Rookie

The serving ‘exploit ‘ is not just on higher levels

I have just started a career on Amateur and with full power green get aces most of the time
Old 07-25-2018, 07:57 AM   #680
Rookie

RetroDee4Three

I think the best patch was 1580. We should ask for this to be a stable version and newer ones would be available as beta downloads (under testing). So we get a solid foundation that can be repaired afterwards.

Can you help me this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »