Home

Career Mode (what is your story)

This is a discussion on Career Mode (what is your story) within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2020, 10:28 PM   #17
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Career Mode (what is your story)

Well my story might be coming to a quick end after my first year. All my support team and travel expenses reset back to 0 in my management section after my year end. Is this normal? I’m so upset, spent millions...😔
This game is on PS4. Someone please help.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:34 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Did you open a support ticket with Big Ant?

https://support.bigant.com/support/home
Old 06-29-2020, 10:13 PM   #19
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyandy
Well my story might be coming to a quick end after my first year. All my support team and travel expenses reset back to 0 in my management section after my year end. Is this normal? I’m so upset, spent millions...
This game is on PS4. Someone please help.
I just started playing. But this happened to me as well. I just thought it resets yearly each season. You have to repurchase those things to have throughout the next season. Does that sound reasonable?

I will write up my career soon. Loving this game! I recommend doing tons of training first, and very little tourney play. My first season is almost over and I'm only in my 4th tourney of the year, but level 25 with a lot of skill points used.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwK...FogGcUlqoCYDTg
Old 07-01-2020, 11:24 AM   #20
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Re: AO Tennis 2 Career Mode (what is your story)

Well my career is going very well as I am in June of the 2021 season. I play on semi pro difficulty with ball marker on for serves only if anyone is curious.

This game is fantastic!! Every match is different. I found a style of play that suits me and am now winning tournaments. I've won a few futures, lost a lot, and currently in the Finals for the first time in a challenger 90 tourney. I am 3rd seed in the tourney and the favorite to win it.

After this tourney I will be above rank 200 for sure. I enjoy playing the same guys and creating these rivalries. A guy from Canada named Machaod I beat in a semifinal match one tourney. Next season we face off and he completely dominates and beats me in the 2nd round. A tourney I was #1 seed too playing with great form. Disappointing but I love the challenge of this game!

Future plans will be entering a World 1000 tournament in Cincy. I know I have no shot to win but I am curious to guage how good my player really is. If I can win one match at least I'd be happy. For now, I will play another challenger or maybe a futures tourney before the big one.

Oh and a tip for everyone. Train train train!! The first season I only played in 5 tournaments. Training helps a lot and your xp is nice from it. It will help you long term to take one season of your career and focus of lots of training with a few tourneys here and there.

Old 07-01-2020, 09:38 PM   #21
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Decided for challenger tournaments I will change it from 1 set matches to 3 when I reach the Finals.

Here is some stats of what I am seeing. This is the first set in the championship match. I won the set 7-6 with the tiebreaker of 7-2. What a back in forth first set. Each of us with three break points.20200701_213534.jpeg

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2020, 11:24 AM   #22
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Cincy world 1000 tourney entry. I lose in the first round in a heartbreaker. I only play 6 games, 1 set for the first two rounds.

So anyway, I lose the match 7-6. The tiebreaker I was up 5-3! And lost tiebreaker 12-10. What a back n forth battle! We each had 5 break points.

Since I am now ranked in top 200 after the challenger tournament win I was able to enter the U.S. Open, my first major tournament. I got a terrible draw and was up against 11 seed Gael Monfils in the first round.

For grand slam tournaments I will always play 6 games, 5 sets. Well I lost the first set 6-0. 2nd set I was able to break his serve first game. I'm actually up 2-1 and then lose it. Monfils dominates and wins 2nd set 6-2. I simmed 3rd set knowing I was going to lose lol. I think the score on 3rd set was 6-3.

Up next is a challenger match against someone. It's for a lot of cash that I could use. I have a good shot to win the match so we'll see!

Old 07-03-2020, 02:21 AM   #23
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Won that challenger match in 3 sets. A huge battle on my hands. Got much needed cash to buy skill points. Currently I am 60 overall so not too bad. 20200703_002411_HDR.jpeg

Old 07-03-2020, 10:58 AM   #24
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Played a lot last night. Won a challenger 90 tourney. Lost one in the championship match. Won a couple now easy to win futures tournaments to gain some cheap easy ranking points. I am now into year 3, 2022 season.

I am ranked #81 and entered the Australian Open for the first time in my career. I am up against the Brazilian, Thiago Seyboth Wild. Had to look him up but he's real and that's a real name lol.

So far after early struggles I won the first set 6-4. Currently saved game in middle of second set where I am up 3-1 early with his serve next. I will finish this first round match tonight and probably my second round match if I beat Seyboth.

This is the best tennis game I have ever played. What a great game of tennis it plays. Sometimes I feel like I am listening to a real tennis match during a long rally. The pressure is real when facing match point #4 and 5 against you! Then so frustrating when you do lose that crazy close match.

I play on Semi pro with ball marker on serves only for anyone wondering. Can't wait to play more later. Will continue sharing my experience and my player's career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »