Home

Monday Night Raw - 5/2/11 - The Rock's 39th Birthday Bash...

This is a discussion on Monday Night Raw - 5/2/11 - The Rock's 39th Birthday Bash... within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #233
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Monday Night Raw - 5/2/11 - The Rock's 39th Birthday Bash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
I'd say they def have a direction. Just because you don't like the direction doesn't mean there isn't one.

Just saying that if you ask 100 people on the street, more people will know who Hulk Hogan is than The Rock. And as far as people loving the Rock for his movie career I find it hard to believe. His career basically mirrors what Hogan did so far. He hasn't had any great dramatic roles or anything. He's done comedies, movies for kids and had side roles in action movies.

Hogans movies have never made the amount of money Rock's movies have made. And The Rock has been the leading star(not side role) in almost everyone of his movies. I would really like you to ask 100 people that question, lets see what answers you come up with.

In no way shape or form has anything the Rock done suprassed anything Hogan has done. I'm not saying he won't, but I highly doubt it.

Rock has surpassed Hogans career in a quarter of the time Hogan had.

Now if we are talking about just wrestlers, I don't think I'd even put Rock in the top 5 for popularity. Hogan, Flair, Piper, Warrior and Bret Hart are all ahead of him just off the top of my head.

Top 5 popular wrestlers of all time with no Austin or The Rock. End Argument. No way in hell Piper Warrior or Bret Hart are more popular than Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H, Cena, Orton etc.
Disagree Completely

Last edited by TheWorldIsYours; 05-04-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #234
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
His career basically mirrors what Hogan did so far. He hasn't had any great dramatic roles or anything. He's done comedies, movies for kids and had side roles in action movies.
I'm guessing you haven't seen this movie yet.

A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #235
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Just saying that if you ask 100 people on the street, more people will know who Hulk Hogan is than The Rock. And as far as people loving the Rock for his movie career I find it hard to believe. His career basically mirrors what Hogan did so far. He hasn't had any great dramatic roles or anything. He's done comedies, movies for kids and had side roles in action movies.

In no way shape or form has anything the Rock done suprassed anything Hogan has done. I'm not saying he won't, but I highly doubt it.
Hulk Hogan over his entire movie career grossed 420 million dollars worldwide.

Dwayne Johnson has already grossed over 2.3 billion worldwide and he still has a successful future to look forward to.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Last edited by trobinson97; 05-04-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #236
Banned

OVR: 55

Both of them have been in nothing but popcorn movies anyway though.

I have actually enjoyed Dwayne Johnson in several roles but I like him much better as a supporting actor than as a lead.

Hogan's movies are horribly cheesy and have not aged well at all, but they certainly do have sentimental value for those over 30 like me.

But in any event, neither one of them have ever been in a four star (or better) movie and neither one of them ever will.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #237
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55

I have actually enjoyed Dwayne Johnson in several roles but I like him much better as a supporting actor than as a lead.

Hogan's movies are horribly cheesy and have not aged well at all, but they certainly do have sentimental value for those over 30 like me.

But in any event, neither one of them have ever been in a four star (or better) movie and neither one of them ever will.
No Holds Barred was 6 stars! 4 thumbs up!
Old 05-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #238
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55

The Rock movie I've enjoyed the most where he was the lead was The Rundown. I've heard good things about Fast Five (haven't seen it yet) and he was good in the Get Smart reboot in a supporting role. I think the Fast Five role should he re-establish Rock as an action guy; he'd be good in The Expendables sequel and as a lead guy he could carry a film with a lot of action, but the script has to be good. I thought Faster would be that film, but the story was crap.

As for Hogan, Suburban Commando, ftw! No Holds Barred, I keep waiting for that to hit Netflix instanst stream.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #239
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
No Holds Barred was 6 stars! 4 thumbs up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
The Rock movie I've enjoyed the most where he was the lead was The Rundown. I've heard good things about Fast Five (haven't seen it yet) and he was good in the Get Smart reboot in a supporting role. I think the Fast Five role should he re-establish Rock as an action guy; he'd be good in The Expendables sequel and as a lead guy he could carry a film with a lot of action, but the script has to be good. I thought Faster would be that film, but the story was crap.

As for Hogan, Suburban Commando, ftw! No Holds Barred, I keep waiting for that to hit Netflix instanst stream.
I enjoyed him in The Rundown and Be Cool the most. But let's face it. Neither one of them have ever appeared in anything remotely resembling a cinematic masterpiece and neither one of them ever will.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #240
MVP

Santino's Arena

OVR: 7

Rocky III was awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »