Home

WWE Off-Topic

This is a discussion on WWE Off-Topic within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2018, 05:45 PM   #12913

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: WWE Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Since we're talking about bad feuds, lets not forget about the Brie/Nikki "growing up Bella" feud that was completely pointless
Anything involving those two and wrestling is/was pointless.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:02 PM   #12914
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
If we're talking multiple main event matches, with crowds so down on the idea of Reigns as "the guy," and matches being ruined in the process, it's been bad. I don't know about historic. Reigns is a historically bad failed babyface, and WWE is having serious issues with finding ways to put together matches that get him over, for whatever reason. Last time I watched him in a match and thought he looked unique and special was Extreme Rules 2017.

I think the Bayley/Sasha feud/storyline has been as bad. And let's forgot how they more or less screwed the fans with how they booked Styles/Nakamura.
Reigns may be a "failed" babyface but in terms of overall starpower, he's about right where I remember Cena being at the same point in his career.

Granted, I'm a huge Roman fan.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 08-16-2018, 07:07 PM   #12915
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Reigns may be a "failed" babyface but in terms of overall starpower, he's about right where I remember Cena being at the same point in his career.

Granted, I'm a huge Roman fan.
Yeah, I think there's some bias in there. Or we just have different opinions of what star power is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 07:34 PM   #12916

dubcity's Arena

TV ratings and house show business was way higher during Cena's run. Merch sales too. In a lot of ways WWE is still benefiting from all his years on the road and on Raw every week. The PG Cena that bored/annoyed plenty of us is partially the reason WWE has the crossover advertising and huge TV deals it has today.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:04 PM   #12917
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
TV ratings and house show business was way higher during Cena's run. Merch sales too. In a lot of ways WWE is still benefiting from all his years on the road and on Raw every week. The PG Cena that bored/annoyed plenty of us is partially the reason WWE has the crossover advertising and huge TV deals it has today.
If we start Cena's run at WM21, Roman's about where or a bit before Cena really started his peak. It's hard to compare TV ratings and such but Roman's social media numbers outpace pretty much everybody else's. His merchandise numbers are often only #2 to Cena.

But you kinda make my point for me. If Cena was eventually such a positive for the company overall, why not continue that with Roman? At times it is painful with Roman but it was really painful with Cena at times as well.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 08-16-2018, 08:14 PM   #12918

dubcity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
If we start Cena's run at WM21, Roman's about where or a bit before Cena really started his peak. It's hard to compare TV ratings and such but Roman's social media numbers outpace pretty much everybody else's. His merchandise numbers are often only #2 to Cena.

But you kinda make my point for me. If Cena was eventually such a positive for the company overall, why not continue that with Roman? At times it is painful with Roman but it was really painful with Cena at times as well.
He's going to be the guy regardless of what points any of us try to make. I would just prefer he be more entertaining. We saw in those face-to-face promos who had the mic skills and who didn't. Cena was even more entertaining in his early years.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:51 PM   #12919

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

https://www.wwe.com/videos/aretha-fr...estlemania-iii
Old 08-19-2018, 12:32 AM   #12920
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

WWE announced a major match for the upcoming all Women PPV "Evolution". Raw Women's Champion Alexa Bliss will take on WWE Hall of Famer.... Trish Stratus.

Surprised they didn't go the tag team route, Bliss/Mickie vs Trish/Lita or another partner.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wweevoluti...-trish-stratus

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »