Home

Raw 12/31/12 - Believe in the Shield

This is a discussion on Raw 12/31/12 - Believe in the Shield within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #33
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Raw 12/31/12 - Believe in the Shield

I don't even care about the show, I just want to go find pictures of AJ in that white dress.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 01-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #34
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
So did anybody else noticed that WWE spoiled they're own show again? I was looking at the WWE mobile app yesterday afternoon and under the superstars section where it lists the current champions, Wade Barrett was listed as Intercontinental Champion despite the fact the show was about seven or eight hours away from airing.

Then the Mae Young thing. Like...how the hell do Vince and company sit up in they're creative meetings and actually think anybody, anywhere will actually like that ****?
They spoiled it on Saturday by posting it on WWE.com by saying they crowned a new Intercontinental Champion at the Raw Taping, Wade Barrett.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 01-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #35
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005
good post, although i didn't say anything about Ziggler not emerging. i actually thought Ziggler's promo was great about John Cena's year and how he lost match after match after match. and yeah i do like seeing defiant Cena, it does raise his game and it's was good to see.

as far as the commentary, it's not really a knock on lawler, cole, or even JBL. i actually think JBL has done a pretty good job for the most part. frankly, it's pretty amazing lawler has come back from his health scare. most people i don't think thought lawler would be back so soon if ever when he had the heart attack. but then again i think the heart attack was because of his busy schedule, the fact that he was wrestling a lot, both in WWE and outside of WWE. i think the repetitiveness of the commentary is a sign of the times. Cole called Cesaro "Sandow" during his match on raw, and never corrected himself nor was corrected. Cole is a better commentator then that. he usually doesn't make those mistakes.
Sorry, I used 'you' in a general sense, I wasn't criticising you. I should have used 'people forget' or 'it's easy to forget how long he's been around.'

Cole is a good play-by-play guy when his mind is on it. I think he falls into a holding pattern because he's done it for so long, and that's when repetition creeps in.

That's why I used to enjoy Todd Grisham and Matt Striker on ECW and Smackdown, and why I enjoy William Regal and JR on NXT so much - the extra knowledge, but more importantly the freshness of their commentary.

By the way, when you break down Cena's year, aside from beating Lesnar and Kane it's been pretty awful! Strangely I think his work is the best it's been in his career.

Now Playing FIFA, UFC 4, PGA Tour 2k23, WWE, MLB The Show and Dirt Rally 2.0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
Sorry, I used 'you' in a general sense, I wasn't criticising you. I should have used 'people forget' or 'it's easy to forget how long he's been around.'

Cole is a good play-by-play guy when his mind is on it. I think he falls into a holding pattern because he's done it for so long, and that's when repetition creeps in.

That's why I used to enjoy Todd Grisham and Matt Striker on ECW and Smackdown, and why I enjoy William Regal and JR on NXT so much - the extra knowledge, but more importantly the freshness of their commentary.

By the way, when you break down Cena's year, aside from beating Lesnar and Kane it's been pretty awful! Strangely I think his work is the best it's been in his career.
haha no worries it wasn't that, i just wanted you to know that i really loved Ziggler's promo about Cena's year. Losing to the Rock in a match where he couldn't lose. hahaa

yeah i think you're right about Cole. i think his mind wasn't on it on raw. maybe because it was taped saturday night instead of monday, who knows, but Cole seemed like he was kinda sleep walking through the show with a lot of fake laughs and what not. I agree about Cena's year. He has been very entertaining. this is the first year where he wasn't the "man" like Punk is the "man". you know like in 2010 or first half of 2011 people were sick of Cena because he was always winning. well year this Punk has remained champ, and Cena has had to go into other areas. I do like Cena the "agitator", the defiant Cena like we got a taste of on raw this week. Cena's pranks are sometimes pretty funny. I expect a Cena vs Big E Langston match at some point.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #37
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
At one point I thought Cena was going to 'do a CM Punk' on that stage. It was well done nevertheless though and I'm definitely up for more Cena vs Ziggler matches.

PS I'm pleased for Wade Barrett winning the IC Title again, especially because I lived in Preston for 6 months. Great talent, very solid in the ring and on the mic.

Now Playing FIFA, UFC 4, PGA Tour 2k23, WWE, MLB The Show and Dirt Rally 2.0
Old 01-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #38
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Quote:
At one point I thought Cena was going to 'do a CM Punk' on that stage. It was well done nevertheless though and I'm definitely up for more Cena vs Ziggler matches.
It felt like a shoot at one point during it, whenever he was talking about Ziggler going back stage, complaining to the WWE officials, saying how he needed a push.

I love serious Cena.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 01-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 24

Mae Young "giving birth"..... A s*** shower on Dolph and AJ..... So now the E is rehashing old gags?

What's next: CM Punk in a Pepsi truck showering Ryback with soda???
Old 01-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #40
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Cena turns stupid promo into good serious promo.
Ends it by proving yet again he's a 10 year old bully and actually a heel.

Quote:
I agree about the commentary being repetitive. We don't need to be told things we already know every week. I appreciate that there are new viewers tuning in but if they watch for a few weeks they will find these things out eventually.

However, in the commentators' defence, with all the shows they do it must be quite hard to find different things to say about people like Barrett who wrestles a lot.
Well here's an idea,they can try something new...calling the match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
What's next: CM Punk in a Pepsi truck showering Ryback with soda???
That would actually be good considering. Add another little seed to the Austin thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »