Home

WWE Network Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Network Discussion Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2015, 03:20 PM   #4073
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: WWE Network Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Anyone watch the "Monday Night War: Shots Fired" first look? I guess Triple H and Sting are going to basically do interviews with Renee Young discussing the first 10 episodes of the "Monday Night War" series. Doesn't sound very appealing to me; I'm over the MNW concept at this point.

Last night's show was Renee asking each guy a series of random questions. Not very exciting.
I like the concept of WWE doing interview style stuff. I happened to be flipping around the TV and saw a bit of the Mysterio DVD (I think as it's a couple years old) being played and I loved that they did it in a bit of a shoot style with a guy doing an interview with Rey.

I would love to see a series of an hour or 90 minute long specials done in the interview format but someone with a little more seasoning being the interviewer. Unfortunately, i don't think JR has great relations with the company these days but someone like that would be perfect. Perhaps Lawler could do it as he's a pretty smart and well rounded guy when he's out of character.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-30-2015, 04:20 PM   #4074
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I like the concept of WWE doing interview style stuff. I happened to be flipping around the TV and saw a bit of the Mysterio DVD (I think as it's a couple years old) being played and I loved that they did it in a bit of a shoot style with a guy doing an interview with Rey.

I would love to see a series of an hour or 90 minute long specials done in the interview format but someone with a little more seasoning being the interviewer. Unfortunately, i don't think JR has great relations with the company these days but someone like that would be perfect. Perhaps Lawler could do it as he's a pretty smart and well rounded guy when he's out of character.

I think they've smoothed it over with JR. He's in the next video game.

On, On, On, To Victory!!

Gamertag: stewgilligan
Old 06-30-2015, 04:32 PM   #4075

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I saw 1st episode of Tough Enough last night. Show felt so rushed. 40 mins of the show, and seemed like so little happened.

WWE is trying too hard to make it like a typical reality show. Trying to have all this added drama and stuff in the show. People aren't tuning in because they want to see what these people can do at a club, or who might be in the hottub, or who is nice/rude to other competitors.

This is about seeing who is the next WWE(NXT) superstar. I want to see how these people do in the ring, on the mic, and so on. Don't care at all about their personal life.40 mins of the show, 20 should be spent on the comps,15 on the live show/judging portion, and the remaining 5 or so on whatever else needs to be shown.

And that live show judging stuff...that also seems pointless. I watched the comp special,and it seems like judges are just there for tv draw,they don't have as much impact on the results? Cause one of the people during the comp specials(some WWE executive) flat out said that they're making the decisions,but just wanted their(meaning at the time it was booker,billy,lita) input.

Can't believe the people who were chosen out of the 11,000 applicants were the ones chosen. Thankfully we did have people like Booker,Billy,Lita there to weed out/bash the unworthy ones. Someone applied and had 0 knowledge of WWE. And those twins,seemed like they just expected it all to be handed to them(expecting it to be like a wrestling school type of thing)

Last edited by Majingir; 06-30-2015 at 04:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2015, 04:46 PM   #4076
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Have to have the extra drama and personal interactions, it's a TV show. 40 minutes of them taking bumps and doing promos ain't gonna be great television.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2015, 05:25 PM   #4077

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

It would be cool for WWE to venture in to doing shoot interviews, hell most of their documentaries are pretty much shoots so why not do it?

But knowing how WWE works, they would probably make it a semi-shoot leave out a lot of stuff.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:29 PM   #4078
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
It would be cool for WWE to venture in to doing shoot interviews, hell most of their documentaries are pretty much shoots so why not do it?

But knowing how WWE works, they would probably make it a semi-shoot leave out a lot of stuff.
Yeah that's kind of what i'm thinking of. The Mysterio thing I watched seemed like a worked shoot. I'd want something more honest though knowing WWE they'd play it safe.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-30-2015, 05:47 PM   #4079
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:

Oh, I'm not opposed to the concept. I really enjoyed the Bret vs. Shawn DVD they did a few years back. That's basically a "Rivalries" show, but done in a shoot-style interview format. I was hoping there'd be more of those.

As for the MNW idea, I'm just personally over the WWE vs. WCW thing, as that was settled almost 15 years ago now. We all know what happened. Sting and Triple H aren't going to reveal anything new, let's be honest.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #4080
MVP

OVR: 0

Network is free again to new subscribers this month, they should just go the Netflix and Hulu route of giving 30 days free trial.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »