Home

WWE Network Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Network Discussion Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2018, 02:55 AM   #7753

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: WWE Network Discussion Thread

Random question: Is Leilani Kai in the WWE HoF? If not, what the ****?

Just watched an MSG WWWF show from 1977, and she was in a tag match and was awesome. She was at WM1 and WM10. She held titles in WWF, NWA Mid-Atlantic, and All Japan. Was always a great worker, even at times when the women's in-ring was mediocre to bad.

Gonna have to put her on my list, along with Rick Martel, of talent that needs to be in the HoF.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:03 AM   #7754
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Random question: Is Leilani Kai in the WWE HoF? If not, what the ****?

Just watched an MSG WWWF show from 1977, and she was in a tag match and was awesome. She was at WM1 and WM10. She held titles in WWF, NWA Mid-Atlantic, and All Japan. Was always a great worker, even at times when the women's in-ring was mediocre to bad.

Gonna have to put her on my list, along with Rick Martel, of talent that needs to be in the HoF.
No, she's not. When Wendi Richter was inducted Kai immediately came to mind. She's been inducted into the PWHF in Wichita Falls, TX and NWA Hall of Fame though.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:10 PM   #7755

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Finished 1st half of 1999. June was a rather weird month altogether.

-Higher power reveal
-The mysterious briefcase movement (I still think Bossman made the only logical sense, especially given that he re-joined the Corporate Ministry the next night AND Austin made a similar stipulation in his title match on Raw)
-Beaver Cleavage competing in the ring, then "shoot" promo and turning into Chaz
-Austin winning the WWF title on Raw
-Billy Gunn as KOTR
-GTV

I know Russo went to WCW in September, but was he "phoning it in" or did other things happen backstage around this time?

Also, everyone knows the Edge spear on Jeff Hardy at WM17, but I found this one to be an underrated one that happened 2 years earlier. Funny enough, Edges spears during other matches weren't so good around this time (it looked more like a tackle than a spear).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2018, 12:14 PM   #7756
MVP

Brother Love's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Finished 1st half of 1999. June was a rather weird month altogether.

-Higher power reveal
-The mysterious briefcase movement (I still think Bossman made the only logical sense, especially given that he re-joined the Corporate Ministry the next night AND Austin made a similar stipulation in his title match on Raw)
-Beaver Cleavage competing in the ring, then "shoot" promo and turning into Chaz
-Austin winning the WWF title on Raw
-Billy Gunn as KOTR
-GTV

I know Russo went to WCW in September, but was he "phoning it in" or did other things happen backstage around this time?

Also, everyone knows the Edge spear on Jeff Hardy at WM17, but I found this one to be an underrated one that happened 2 years earlier. Funny enough, Edges spears during other matches weren't so good around this time (it looked more like a tackle than a spear).

Russo wasn’t even going to WCW at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2018, 12:29 PM   #7757

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Love
Russo wasn’t even going to WCW at this time.
lol, so stuff just didn't make sense by accident?

Anyways, I'm entering the time of the Wrestlemania 2000 roster. That was the first WWF video game I ever owned (WCW Nitro being the first overall). I never watched Nitro, but got the video game because someone was selling it for next to nothing at a garage sale (guess they were tuning out of WCW in 99). I didn't even watch wrestling at the time I got WM2000, but I still loved playing it.

Hardys were one of the guys I remembered most when I first got the game. Their 5 second looped theme song, and I liked their gear back then too.

It's cool to finally be watching parts that the first WWF game I played was based off of. I remember in the early days, I had no idea about many of those characters. Chaz? Scott Taylor? And didn't know about guys gimmicks either like Prince Albert, so watching fills in these gaps. I never unlocked HBK though (could never get past the rumble), but did unlock everyone else.

Last edited by Majingir; 08-11-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:35 PM   #7758
MVP

Brother Love's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
lol, so stuff just didn't make sense by accident?

Anyways, I'm entering the time of the Wrestlemania 2000 roster. That was the first WWF video game I ever owned (WCW Nitro being the first overall). I never watched Nitro, but got the video game because someone was selling it for next to nothing at a garage sale (guess they were tuning out of WCW in 99). I didn't even watch wrestling at the time I got WM2000, but I still loved playing it.

Hardys were one of the guys I remembered most when I first got the game. Their 5 second looped theme song, and I liked their gear back then too.

It's cool to finally be watching parts that the first WWF game I played was based off of. I remember in the early days, I had no idea about many of those characters. Chaz? Scott Taylor? And didn't know about guys gimmicks either like Prince Albert, so watching fills in these gaps. I never unlocked HBK though (could never get past the rumble), but did unlock everyone else.

Stuff didn’t make sense all the time. Before, during, and after Russo. Happened on the other channel all the time too. I encourage you to revisit the end of Starrcade 96 and 97.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2018, 06:38 PM   #7759
Rookie

Watched the Legends Battle Royal from '87 and the main thing that stood out to me were the pre and post interviews w/ some of the participants. Common thread was the risky and aerial moves the current wrestlers were doing.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:08 PM   #7760

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmUI4-_A...d=fpypc0n7quf3
Heading into Monday like

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »