Home

WWE Survivor Series 11/19/17

This is a discussion on WWE Survivor Series 11/19/17 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2017, 06:02 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: WWE Survivor Series 11/19/17

Almost every match looks fun on paper except the AJ/Lesnar fight tbh. I like AJ, but having seen the formulaic matches Lesnar puts on, all we'll see is 8 German Suplexes, then AJ will do 45 Phenomenal Forearms, each forearm slowly bringing Lesnar closer to being down on 1 knee (which Michael Cole will excitedly point out every time) and the 46th one is going to get reversed into 1 F5 for the pinfall. Would've rather seen the squash match between him and Jinder over them trying to make it look like AJ has a chance only for Lesnar to Lesnar him in the Bork with a Lesnar.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:37 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I'd say Raw team implodes, leaving it to just HHH-Angle, before Owens/Zayn get involved and help out Team Raw.

4 hour show will suck, WWE really needs to learn the "less is more" lesson. At least that US-IC champ match is a skippable one. Even the tag champ match I'll probably end up skipping too. Still ends up being about a 3 hour show for me to see.
I'm assuming Owens and Zayn get involved, Jason Jordan will probably either turn on Kurt or somehow accidentally get him eliminated, plus Daniel Bryan had a segment that showed dissension between the two of them, I wouldn't be shocked if Kane showed up either
Old 11-15-2017, 12:07 AM   #51
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublj
Almost every match looks fun on paper except the AJ/Lesnar fight tbh. I like AJ, but having seen the formulaic matches Lesnar puts on, all we'll see is 8 German Suplexes, then AJ will do 45 Phenomenal Forearms, each forearm slowly bringing Lesnar closer to being down on 1 knee (which Michael Cole will excitedly point out every time) and the 46th one is going to get reversed into 1 F5 for the pinfall. Would've rather seen the squash match between him and Jinder over them trying to make it look like AJ has a chance only for Lesnar to Lesnar him in the Bork with a Lesnar.
Brock has the ability to put on a great match so if they let him and AJ really go at it, it should be a MOTY candidate.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2017, 01:22 AM   #52
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Just realized this is going to be a 4hour event, not counting pre-show. Ugh, I usually dread these longer PPVs. Let's hope this one is different!

Old 11-15-2017, 08:11 AM   #53
All Star

OVR: 2

I don’t, I like these longer big 4. And unlike many of the others this card looks fun too to bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-15-2017, 09:31 AM   #54

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
I don’t, I like these longer big 4. And unlike many of the others this card looks fun too to bottom.

Quality over quantity though. 4hr show with good card is nice, but then so many matches that'll be dragged on kills things a bit.

Attention spans aren't what they used to be. 4hr ppvs are alot for me, regardless of quality. Movies are 2.5hrs, sports are 3 or so hours. A ppv for 4 hours turns it into an actual commitment.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:35 PM   #55
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Quality over quantity though. 4hr show with good card is nice, but then so many matches that'll be dragged on kills things a bit.

Attention spans aren't what they used to be. 4hr ppvs are alot for me, regardless of quality. Movies are 2.5hrs, sports are 3 or so hours. A ppv for 4 hours turns it into an actual commitment.

Yeah I get why some people might not like it. Just saying I like it. PPV are a commitment to begin with. They’re 3 hours at night. So if I’m gonna watch it, that’s what I’m doing for the evening. The event starting at 7 instead of 8 doesn’t really change that. I enjoy the extra hour and special feel of the event.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2017, 12:58 PM   #56

dubcity's Arena

Do we really think Brock vs AJ is going over 10 minutes?

So, will there be separate Royal Rumble matches for Smackdown and Raw in january? Because Survivor Series is supposed to be the ONLY night where Raw and Smackdown goes head to head. Also no Raw vs Smackdown matches at WM. I fully expect WWE to be consistent and not just ignore things they've said repeatedly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »