Home

WWE Royal Rumble 1/27/19

This is a discussion on WWE Royal Rumble 1/27/19 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2019, 07:03 PM   #17

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: WWE Royal Rumble 1/27/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
If they're announcing one every 30 minutes, I don't see how they'd be announcing the whole field. Probably just doing the expected names.
They are only announcing NEW names (meaning ones not already confirmed).

However, after all that, they only announced 6 names.

Kind of sad they counted names like the IIconics as "new entrants", completely forgetting they were announced as participants this past SD. Similar with Naomi who despite being announced today, already declared herself a few weeks ago.

Bliss and Lacey are only ones from the list I posted a few posts back that haven't been announced of all main roster women. So those 7 mystery spots I guess are actually gonna be kept a mystery until the rumble.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:52 PM   #18
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Almost like the only reason they even made a women's Royal Rumble was for cultural appeasement.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:41 AM   #19
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Bliss and Lacey are only ones from the list I posted a few posts back that haven't been announced of all main roster women. So those 7 mystery spots I guess are actually gonna be kept a mystery until the rumble.
I would guess Toni Storm and Shayna/Bianca pop up, based purely on the MYC winner and NXT Women's champs being in last year's Rumble. Could've been a one-off thing last year just to fill spots though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Almost like the only reason they even made a women's Royal Rumble was for cultural appeasement.
What a stupid take this is. Even if it wasn't stupid on its own, it's not even relevant to the topic of WWE revealing names for the Rumble. Just comes off as someone trying to find something to bitch at just to bitch at it.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:23 AM   #20
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31

Yeah no

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-21-2019, 07:20 PM   #21
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

I know it's not going to happen but I would like to see Balor vs Lesnar play out like No Way Out 2004. Do a ref spot where Lesnar connects the F5 but Balor's legs kick the official knocking him out. Then have Braun who is still irate over losing his Championship Match cost Lesnar, throw Balor on top, wake up the official and Balor becomes the new Universal Champion.

Then Braun who most likely will take out R-Truth to claim the number 30 spot, have Brock come down and distract Braun enough for someone to eliminate him and get his revenge. That way you do Braun vs Brock at Mania without a title and Braun wins sending Lesnar off to the UFC. Then at that point, you could set up Rollins vs Balor, McIntyre vs Balor, Balor vs AJ Styles(Styles wins the Rumble) for Mania.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2019, 11:32 PM   #22

Majingir's Arena

Speaking of that #30 spot, I think they should put someone else in it. Rtruth is the perfect character to do something stupid enough like trade his #30 spot with someone else (with the "promise" that if they win, he'll be first in line for a shot).
Old 01-21-2019, 11:49 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
I know it's not going to happen but I would like to see Balor vs Lesnar play out like No Way Out 2004. Do a ref spot where Lesnar connects the F5 but Balor's legs kick the official knocking him out. Then have Braun who is still irate over losing his Championship Match cost Lesnar, throw Balor on top, wake up the official and Balor becomes the new Universal Champion.

Then Braun who most likely will take out R-Truth to claim the number 30 spot, have Brock come down and distract Braun enough for someone to eliminate him and get his revenge. That way you do Braun vs Brock at Mania without a title and Braun wins sending Lesnar off to the UFC. Then at that point, you could set up Rollins vs Balor, McIntyre vs Balor, Balor vs AJ Styles(Styles wins the Rumble) for Mania.
i can’t see anyone giving a damn about a five minute Lesnar match if it isn’t for a title
Old 01-22-2019, 12:06 AM   #24

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
i can’t see anyone giving a damn about a five minute Lesnar match if it isn’t for a title
Most won't be caring much about some short Lesnar match anyways, might as well give the title picture some meaning and interest.

What could at least add to a Lesnar match with no title is making him as hated as possible on his way out. Gives his opponent a bigger face push. Let people know from the start that he's leaving and doesn't care about WWE. First offer he got with more money he took it.

Realistically though, I just see Lesnar VS Strowman for the title at WM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »