Home

AEW Off-Topic

This is a discussion on AEW Off-Topic within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2019, 05:19 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: AEW Discussion Thread

If that's what they offered the Bucks, who I still don't really get their appeal as major stars, what the hell did they offer Kenny Omega?

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2019, 05:34 PM   #34
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
According to Meltzer, The Young Bucks turned down an INSANE offer from WWE.

"Paul Levesque worked hard at getting all four into WWE. Page was offered main roster money to work NXT, where he’d have been pushed as one of its top stars. The Bucks & Cody were offered strong deals. The Bucks deal was for money roughly the same as WWE champion A.J. Styles, which would have also included BTE being made a regular weekly show on the WWE Network, as well as something I’ve never heard WWE concede on, which was a six-month window where they could have left their three-year contract if they wanted and weren’t happy with their push."
So the “letters from H” in the BTE videos were not too far from the truth lol.

And I must say, Frankie Kazarian played a good H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2019, 09:15 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

The only thing I don't believe is the 6 month out clause. There's no reason that Vince would allow one of the hottest acts in Indie wrestling after he brought them in just because they weren't happy after 6 months. Hell he's being cautious about releasing guys like Tye Dillinger, and Tyler Breeze.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2019, 10:38 PM   #36

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
You make it so sound so simple to turn down #MillionsOfDollars while being on the biggest stage.

Sent from my SM-T837P using Operation Sports mobile app
Well, aside from what I said, The Bucks do not want to work and travel the WWE schedule. They have families and don't have that mentality. They've been saying that for years and years. Also I'm sure Cody told them all about WWE's creative and the frustration.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:35 PM   #37
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
According to Meltzer, The Young Bucks turned down an INSANE offer from WWE.

"Paul Levesque worked hard at getting all four into WWE. Page was offered main roster money to work NXT, where he’d have been pushed as one of its top stars. The Bucks & Cody were offered strong deals. The Bucks deal was for money roughly the same as WWE champion A.J. Styles, which would have also included BTE being made a regular weekly show on the WWE Network, as well as something I’ve never heard WWE concede on, which was a six-month window where they could have left their three-year contract if they wanted and weren’t happy with their push."
WOW.......... that's crazy the Young Bucks would turn that down. I mean go get a Mania under your belt and you can opt out months later? I'm surprised they didn't take that offer even with them starting AEW. Hell, take the money and use Vince's money against him and invest it in AEW.

I'm still hoping for Omega to show up in WWE this year but I have my doubts.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:17 AM   #38
All Star

I watched Omegas WK13 match last night on AXS. First match of his I’ve seen. I’ll admit he was way more charismatic in the ring than I was anticipating. He seems like a natural heel in the way that Punks charisma in the ring was better suited to a heel. What’s Omega like as a face? Does he do similar talking and facial things?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-12-2019, 05:35 PM   #39

dubcity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
I watched Omegas WK13 match last night on AXS. First match of his I’ve seen. I’ll admit he was way more charismatic in the ring than I was anticipating. He seems like a natural heel in the way that Punks charisma in the ring was better suited to a heel. What’s Omega like as a face? Does he do similar talking and facial things?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah, he's not much different as a face. Back when he first started with the Bullet Club he was a super maniacal heel, and then when he feuded with Cody he shifted into a babyface, especially when he re-formed The Golden Lovers, and then won the IWGP title and did the SF show.

When he did the feud with Tanahashi he had to primarily be a heel, and criticize Tanahashi in promos and interviews.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:53 PM   #40
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I've always been a WWE guy and always want the top stars to sign there. But I'm kinda happy all those guys turned them down. I mean there would be no AEW without what they are doing. And I wanna see something fresh and new.

I want competition. I hope Omega goes to AEW as well. Even though it would be awesome if he went to WWE he will be AEW's top guy and if they want a chance to succeed they need him in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »