Home

AEW Off-Topic

This is a discussion on AEW Off-Topic within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2019, 06:44 PM   #57
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: AEW Discussion Thread

Omega spoke about the offer WWE made to him in an interview with F4WOnline.com:

“WWE’s offer was of course, fantastic. They went about it in a very professional and courteous way and those guys are nothing but professionals in the way they dealt with me, but at the end of the day AEW presented me with something that just couldn’t be beat.”

“You know I’m with my best friends in the business and I have a little bit of control over my own creative which is always important. I also feel like it is my true platform for me to sort of have my voice be heard and I always like challenges and I like the prospect of this being a blunderng failure.”

“Part of me was like, ‘Do I really want to shut my brain off and have people write stuff for me? Tell me what to do?’ It sounds kinda cool actually, you know what I mean?”
Old 02-08-2019, 06:59 PM   #58

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk

“Part of me was like, ‘Do I really want to shut my brain off and have people write stuff for me? Tell me what to do?’ It sounds kinda cool actually, you know what I mean?”
My reaction to that was

Old 02-08-2019, 08:03 PM   #59
All Star

OVR: 2

The idea of being totally taken care of in WWE after years of scratching and fighting to get on top can be extremely appealing. Also I’d say there won’t be a Wrestlemania that goes by that he’ll watch it and have at least a little regret.

AEW is the better fit but turning down a lucrative WWE contract has got to be a really tough decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-08-2019, 11:34 PM   #60
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Omega spoke about the offer WWE made to him in an interview with F4WOnline.com:

“WWE’s offer was of course, fantastic. They went about it in a very professional and courteous way and those guys are nothing but professionals in the way they dealt with me, but at the end of the day AEW presented me with something that just couldn’t be beat.”

“You know I’m with my best friends in the business and I have a little bit of control over my own creative which is always important. I also feel like it is my true platform for me to sort of have my voice be heard and I always like challenges and I like the prospect of this being a blunderng failure.”

He's also got the ability to go and work for NJPW if/when he wants, which is great news.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-09-2019, 12:23 AM   #61

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Their goal shouldn't be competing with WWE.

Stealing the xfl line, they should "reimagine the world of sports entertainment". Just changing the way things are done, how shows are presented, different type of logic and storytelling in shows/matches, maybe different types of rules and so on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2019, 12:43 AM   #62
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
There are tons of people who want to see that lol. And unlike WWE, they'd be facing each other on PPVs with long buildup, not on Raw every damn week.

They're gonna do like 3 PPVs this year, and no weekly TV until like mid/2020. So, "quick" is a stretch.

Omega vs PAC wouldn't be good? Omega vs Pentagon? Omega vs Janela? Etc, etc.
To me? Sure, Omega-Janela would be awesome. I'm beyond tired of everything Jericho and wish he would just hang it up at this point. I also don't find anything compelling about the Omega-Jericho feud anyway.

As for JJ, that's not going to draw **** until you establish Janela as a star in your new program.

Again, this is why I don't want Cody to be talking trash about WWE already, because they are in no position to even think about that **** yet.

And maybe the biggest flaw, Kenny Omega has been boring out of the ring for about a year now. He's a boring face, someone that I don't think is ready to carry AEW right now. In fact, I'd rather give that to Cody than Omega at this point.

Idk, I'm just not liking what I'm hearing out of AEW at this point. They are cocky for no reason and are setting themselves up to disappoint.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:45 PM   #63
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Oh BTE....

Omega: Until you guys show me an actual wrestling card, you’re nothing more than a T-shirt company! You should be ashamed of yourselves!

Cody: So.....you’re still going to sign, right?

Omega: Oh of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2019, 11:39 PM   #64
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

This is a big blow to AEW. While they are gearing up for Double or Nothing, several trademarks they applied for got turned down including "Double or Nothing".

"According to reports, the US Patent & Trademark Offices (USPTO) has refused several big trademark applications from All Elite Wrestling (AEW), including “Double or Nothing,” “Tuesday Night Dynamite” and “Fight For the Fallen.” The trademarks were officially denied on February 19th."

Other Trademarks turned down....

- “All Elite Wrestling”
- “Change the Universe”
- “AEW”
- “AEW All Out”
- The All Elite Wrestling logo
- “Tuesday Night Dynamite”
- “Fight For the Fallen”

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/...r-nothing-term

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »