Home

SimWorld WWE2K14 Experience

This is a discussion on SimWorld WWE2K14 Experience within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: SimWorld WWE2K14 Experience

I used a different program for the usb injection as I didn't see it make the correct folder structure using the tutorial.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

How is everyones game playing now with the new files? I have only been able to do the attribute edits so far awaiting the updated ones for PS3 users. I am right now still seeing some unrealistic results such as Fandango pinning Big Show in under 3 minutes. Also taking 2-3 finishers to be able to pin someone. Hopefully the eduts will correct this whenever they get them posted.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by raustin264
How is everyones game playing now with the new files? I have only been able to do the attribute edits so far awaiting the updated ones for PS3 users. I am right now still seeing some unrealistic results such as Fandango pinning Big Show in under 3 minutes. Also taking 2-3 finishers to be able to pin someone. Hopefully the eduts will correct this whenever they get them posted.
Those are the issues I'm having as well. I have "corrected" it by reducing a lot of the attributes of the wrestlers that are "mid carders", etc. I reduced the SPD, REC, and TGH attributes. And in some cases, the Strike and Grapple. Rey Mysterio has a higher STP than Big Show? (46 - 41) And with his SPD being higher, he will have the advantage more of the time.

The problem with this game, is that there aren't enough attributes. They've grouped attributes together (Breaking out of a submission, being eliminated in a Royal Rumble, and ability to take damage are all grouped under TGH.) They need to be broken out.

SPD basically contains a multiple as well, of which some are still a mystery. But SPD basically involves walking and striking. Why would those be together??

The DEF attributes really only matter if it's HUM vs CPU. CPU vs CPU is a wash. We have reversal sliders AND reversal attributes....Sliders should be based on things OUTSIDE a wrestlers abilities.

Either way, as much math as you put into this "re-attribute" rating, you have to think of it in a "videogame" sense. Just because Mysterio is faster than Big Show in REAL life, you need to lower it in this game, along with this striking power, to get "realistic" results. If Big Show punches Rey, Rey is pretty much knocked out.

REC is how fast a wrestler recovers from a groggy state. The "jobbers" should be real low in this area to allow the better wrestlers a higher percentage of winning. However, as you make changes for the jobbers, the higher wrestlers suffer with quicker matches. It's a no win until they give us more attributes to work with.

This is awesome what these guys did. They at least gave us PS3 users a basis to work with, but until Yukes gives us more variety in attributes, we have what we have to work with.

Anyway, anxious for the PS3 update as well.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #84
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: SimWorld WWE 2K14 Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
Once you have injected all of the files, they should show up on the right side of the screen.

What I do is highlight all of the files that are in the extracted folder and drag them into the right side of the screen in the USB Explorer.
Hyper I have done that how do you get them to save into the folder they still are not in it.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #85
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by raustin264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Those are the issues I'm having as well. I have "corrected" it by reducing a lot of the attributes of the wrestlers that are "mid carders", etc. I reduced the SPD, REC, and TGH attributes. And in some cases, the Strike and Grapple. Rey Mysterio has a higher STP than Big Show? (46 - 41) And with his SPD being higher, he will have the advantage more of the time.

The problem with this game, is that there aren't enough attributes. They've grouped attributes together (Breaking out of a submission, being eliminated in a Royal Rumble, and ability to take damage are all grouped under TGH.) They need to be broken out.

SPD basically contains a multiple as well, of which some are still a mystery. But SPD basically involves walking and striking. Why would those be together??

The DEF attributes really only matter if it's HUM vs CPU. CPU vs CPU is a wash. We have reversal sliders AND reversal attributes....Sliders should be based on things OUTSIDE a wrestlers abilities.

Either way, as much math as you put into this "re-attribute" rating, you have to think of it in a "videogame" sense. Just because Mysterio is faster than Big Show in REAL life, you need to lower it in this game, along with this striking power, to get "realistic" results. If Big Show punches Rey, Rey is pretty much knocked out.

REC is how fast a wrestler recovers from a groggy state. The "jobbers" should be real low in this area to allow the better wrestlers a higher percentage of winning. However, as you make changes for the jobbers, the higher wrestlers suffer with quicker matches. It's a no win until they give us more attributes to work with.

This is awesome what these guys did. They at least gave us PS3 users a basis to work with, but until Yukes gives us more variety in attributes, we have what we have to work with.

Anyway, anxious for the PS3 update as well.

Movesets have more to do with unrealistic results than you think. Although we cannot see it, different moves have different damage rates. We cannot change the damage rate. My suggestion for movesets is is to put non-lifting/weak moves in the chain grapples and the more powerful movesets in stun grapples.

Taking more than one finisher to finish a match is a result of having the lower strike power. Low strike power -> less damage done -> longer matches.

Rey has to have a high striking power because his finishing move and aeriel attacks are technically strikes.
-Strikes ; Moves by pressing X/square
-Grapple ; Moves by pressing A/X
His splash after the 619 is a strike move, that is why you can do a Catch finisher when he does that part. So he needs to have the bonus to have enough damage to finish his opponents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #86
MVP

Durability, Toughness, and Hit Point ratios are now ready for ps3 users.

Remember, if the value is lower/higher than what is allowed in game, use the lowest/highest value allowed. Black boxes means minimum value.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #87
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

ok, first off, awesome work! amazing with the time and effort put into this project.

now, i transfer roster files back and forth all the time. so im well aware of how to do all of the transferring.

with that said, i cant get the files to load.

at first, i was getting "load failed"..

then i realized, whoops, i used the wrong device ID. i used my HDD one instead of my USB (which is where im using this file)..

i start over, add the correct device ID etc. double check, all 106 files are there.

i start the game up, load from USB, boom, "corrupt file".

now, none of the files are corrupt, went back and looked and they all are good.

i remember having a few issues like this with roster files, but i cant figure out what i did to get around it. bah!

LOL..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 12-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 2

I can confirm that the files do in fact work. If the load fails, something went wrong with either resigning the files or writing them to the usb. I'd suggest repeating the process. Also, in the past I used Concept to resign files. Not so this year as that method causes load errors - so it may be a case of altering your typical tools / method that you're used to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »