Home

WWE 2K17 Universe Mode Details Revealed

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17 Universe Mode Details Revealed within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2016, 04:08 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: WWE 2K17 Universe Mode Details Revealed

So...what am I missing with the whole brand split sidebar in this article? Can't all of the things that he outlines be done in 2k16? Of course, the ability to have multiple universes is nice but I'm just confused about the brand split stuff.

I really wish he would have covered the Promo stuff more because that seems like the biggest change in this year's version.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:12 PM   #34
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
So...what am I missing with the whole brand split sidebar in this article? Can't all of the things that he outlines be done in 2k16? Of course, the ability to have multiple universes is nice but I'm just confused about the brand split stuff.

I really wish he would have covered the Promo stuff more because that seems like the biggest change in this year's version.
I've seen videos of the promo engine and it looks like it's really simple to understand. It's all pre made text based but that opens up options for lots of lines without repeats. CMPulse has a video, DenkOps has one too. So those are places to look if you haven't seen it in action yet.

Reed is comin' atcha!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 09-30-2016, 08:02 PM   #35
Pro

d23x's Arena

I think the game will be really good, just way too outdated for my liking. Would be nice if they could add the new arenas/logos through dlc. I'd probably even pay because these are too much of an eye sore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 11:11 PM   #36
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer

Yes, everything outlined there can be done in 2K16. There actually wasn't much mentioned that wasn't already in the game.

As Reed mentioned, there are some videos of the promo scenes out there. I don't have the link handy because I'm on my ipad, but the top sticky on the WWE2K forums has links to a bunch of stuff that's come out.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:08 AM   #37

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

I saw a video showing the promo feature in universe mode and I gotta say it really adds alot to universe mode. Now hopefully they fixed some the universe mode glitches I hate because if so this the first time sense SVR's GM mode where I'm heavily invested in a WWE game.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 10-01-2016, 04:15 AM   #38
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

Yeah, the promo thing seems decent. Obviously depends on how many lines they have written but with the different combos you can string together it should add some lasting power to Universe this year. The only thing I wasn't sure of from videos was if we could button through to the next line, because they seemed to stay on screen for a while. Or I just read too quickly?
Old 10-01-2016, 05:12 PM   #39
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Yeah, the promo thing seems decent. Obviously depends on how many lines they have written but with the different combos you can string together it should add some lasting power to Universe this year. The only thing I wasn't sure of from videos was if we could button through to the next line, because they seemed to stay on screen for a while. Or I just read too quickly?
Yeah i know how you feel man! So i found a video by Tony the Pizza guy that shows a few promos. So here's the link for those who want to see it.
https://youtu.be/JZeO09w9aXE

Reed is comin' atcha!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 10-02-2016, 10:29 AM   #40
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBotHesh_23
The updates are great for the way I prefer to play Universe Mode. If Rivals don't have to wrestle each other each week and rivalries will continue even if I edit a match that'd be icing on the cake.
Yes. It appears that there will also be random run ins that will not always be related to a current rivalry like it was in 2k15. That was the main thing lacking for me in 2k16, that and no Hollywood Hogan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »