Home

WWE 2K19 Review

This is a discussion on WWE 2K19 Review within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2018, 04:17 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
WWE 2K19 Review

For years, fans of the squared circle anxiously awaited the newest wrestling video game release. Much...

Written By: Josh Houtz

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2018, 04:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: WWE 2K19 Review

All due respect to the reviewer but early review every year since 2k took over have been like this... listing why it’s the best we have ever had... the wrestling community gets hyped and then the deflation and the yearly flaws are all still present and joined by new mates.

This year will sadly be the same.

A few red flags in this article to alert me that normal business is resumed.

Much like the yearly Pro Evo is best game ever reviews... fool me once and all that.

This will feel and look very much like last years with some improvements... but also with so so much missing...

2 steps forward and 5 backward has been formula since 2k14.

I’d love to stand correcting but cmon... I’m right.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:23 PM   #3
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0
I don't want to keep hitting on this, and I honestly don't plan to, but the biggest disappointment to me was the my career mode. The game is phenomenal for people who like the idea of playing as a face, but it wasn't true to WWE in the sense of my character being FORCED to be a good guy at pretty much all times. I'm forced to fight against the authority, the miz, elias, and more. I bought WWE 2K18, and the my career mode was terrible, this year is waaay better, but they cut out sooo many choices, yes, there is voice acting, but there are little to no choices what to say with promos, and the outcomes are predetermined regardless of what you decide. If they allowed me to attack people backstage (Without having a conversation and having them pretty much agree to a brawl), or they allowed me to run in and interrupt matches, if they allowed ways in single matches for a player to distract the referee to commit the low blows, or use brass knuckles, etc. it would go a long way.

I know I'm in the minority but the art of being heel is one of the most important things in wrestling. Like the last few years, referees get up after 5 seconds when being knocked down, I can't grab a steel chair (even if it's loose) in time to hit someone with it. And I literally have to find a way to dropkick the ref just to do something that I should be able to do another way (heels always find ways to distract refs).*

Gameplay is great, the modes are deep, Daniel Bryan story mode, I've heard, is great, so again, it's great for all those that love face characters, between Daniel Bryans story, big universal mode customization, fantastic gameplay, etc, you will NOT be disappointed. But they took the few aspects of heel customization I liked, and they gutted the story to be a feel good story, so unfortunately I sold it within 3 days. Luckily I got my money back by selling online.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:37 PM   #4
Pro

For me this is the best WWE game in years. The improvements from 2K18 to 2K19 were actually surprising to me. I was fully expecting the same game with very minor improvements. The new animations and reversal animations surprised me right out the gate. There's a ton of little nuances during matches that weren't present last year that I love and the gameplay just feels better and more true to actual pro wrestling. I'm having a blast so far.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:05 AM   #5
Rookie

I'll echo what rlb1976 said. I picked up WWE 2k16, 2k17, and 2k18 all when they launched. 2k18 had the most playtime for me at around 36 hours. I'm already at 30 hours with 2k19 and am just having an absolute blast. Does it have its gripes, yeah, but what game doesn't anymore? The entertainment I get out of it far outweighs the negatives. The improvements they've made to me have made a huge impact on my enjoyment. Universe mode now is so much better. I feel like I've actually got control of it for a change which is fantastic. I no longer have to get frustrated by guys getting pushes that I don't want. I simply put the wrestlers I want battling for belts in the respective divisions. I'd say that this game is going to be hit and miss for so many people, but for me it's the most entertaining wrestling game I've played in some time.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2018, 02:32 AM   #6
Pro

It also gives me hope for the direction of the game. If 2K20 shows the improvements 2K19 has from 2K18 then we might be in for a real treat. I'm hoping they eventually can get it on par with the quality of NBA 2K.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:15 AM   #7
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Can anyone tell me if they've improved the deletion tool this year?* Every year I end up quitting on this game a few months in because of that stupid image limit.* Once I hit 1,000 images, it's so tedious and time consuming to go back through the whole list of images and delete them one at a time.* Takes like 20 minutes and it's godawful.

They need to either:

a) Add an option to delete all associated images when deleting a CAW or ring
b) Add a filter for unused images in the deletion tool

The CAWs are one of the best things about this series, they need to recognize that and make it easier to utilize them.* What's the point in having a 1TB hard drive if I'm going to be so severely restricted on images?
Old 10-16-2018, 01:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb1976
For me this is the best WWE game in years. The improvements from 2K18 to 2K19 were actually surprising to me. I was fully expecting the same game with very minor improvements. The new animations and reversal animations surprised me right out the gate. There's a ton of little nuances during matches that weren't present last year that I love and the gameplay just feels better and more true to actual pro wrestling. I'm having a blast so far.
BEST WWE Game hands down. I just keep coming up with different ways to play the modes and the gameplay has me hooked. it is crazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »