Home

WWE 2K17 Roster Reveal Set for E3, June 14th-16th

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17 Roster Reveal Set for E3, June 14th-16th within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2016, 12:12 PM   #1
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
WWE 2K17 Roster Reveal Set for E3, June 14th-16th

"2K today announced that WWE portrait artist Rob Schamberger will attend the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) to reveal the latest roster members in WWE® 2K17, the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE video game franchise. Schamberger will appear at 2K’s booth – #1601 in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center – where he will paint the new roster inclusions on a sizable canvas in a live setting.

Show attendees are encouraged to check in with Rob’s work throughout all three days of the show – June 14-16, 2016 – to see if their favorite WWE Superstars and Legends are officially announced for what’s certain to be another extensive roster for the franchise.

A Kansas City native, Schamberger’s portraits of WWE Superstars – both past and present – have made him a sought after staple in the WWE Universe. His unique artwork has raised money for several charities, including the Make-a-Wish Foundation, and is available for sale to the public through WWE Auction (originals) WWE Shop (shirts and prints). Schamberger is often seeing painting live at various WWE events, including WrestleMania® Axxess, SummerSlam® and Monday Night Raw, as well as through the popular WWE weekly painting series on YouTube, Canvas 2 Canvas. In addition, his art has seen display at several national museums and galleries, adorns the walls of many WWE Superstar homes and can be found in the hallways of WWE’s Stamford, Conn. headquarters.

Developed collaboratively by Yuke’s and Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, WWE 2K17 is not yet rated by the ESRB. WWE 2K17 is currently scheduled for worldwide release on the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One and Xbox 360 in October 2016. Consumers who pre-order WWE 2K17 at any participating retailer will receive two playable characters of legendary WCW® and WWE star Bill Goldberg, well as playable WCW Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas, at no extra cost on launch day. For more information on WWE 2K17 and 2K, visit wwe.2k.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #WWE2K17 or subscribe on YouTube."

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 01:40 PM   #2
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: WWE 2K17 Roster Reveal Set for E3, June 14th-16th

Boom!

Sports Gaming Maniac. Follow me on the interweb TecmoZack - @VanMetra16

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 06-09-2016, 03:27 PM   #3
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

Damn, two months earlier than normal. AWESOME.

Can't wait to see which newcomers are in it and how big the NXT roster is personally.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 06-09-2016, 03:38 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
Damn, two months earlier than normal. AWESOME.

Can't wait to see which newcomers are in it and how big the NXT roster is personally.
I will be pissed if these people at the least aren't in:
Nakamura
The Club
The 4 Horsewomen
Asuka
AA
Revival
Dudleyz

Others I'm expecting/hoping for:
Aries
Nia Jax
Alexa Bliss (don't think she was in 2K16, can't remember if she was in the NXT pack or not).
Braun Stroman

That's all I got right now off the top of my head.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:29 PM   #5
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I will be pissed if these people at the least aren't in:
Nakamura
The Club
The 4 Horsewomen
Asuka
AA
Revival
Dudleyz

Others I'm expecting/hoping for:
Aries
Nia Jax
Alexa Bliss (don't think she was in 2K16, can't remember if she was in the NXT pack or not).
Braun Stroman

That's all I got right now off the top of my head.
I agree that all those should be in it. As should Alberto Del Rio (he wasn't in 2K16)

Styles should make it easy as he debuted at Royal Rumble, Gallows/Anderson should make it as well but might be DLC.

The Revival and American Alpha should be easy choices as they were around for awhile as well and Revival were tag champs and AA won right before WM.

Asuka definitely should make it as should Nia Jax

Charlotte, Lynch, and Banks are all but guaranteed since they've moved to the main roster. Bayley should be in this year as well hopefully.

Bliss wasn't in 2K16, but should make this year as long as they dont screw us on NXT women.

Also hoping for Carmella, Apollo Crews, Dana Brooke and long shot but Gargano/Ciampa (they have been in NXT for awhile). Wouldn't mind seeing Ty Dillinger in the game either. Also thinking Mojo Rawley might be in it (might get two Ryder attires...singles and Hype Bros combo)

I can see Nakamura being DLC but he did debut right before WM so he might make it.

Long shot but I would love to see EY as DLC but since they are announcing things so early who knows.

I am also hoping for a large variety of Demon attires for Finn Balor.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions

Last edited by wiscowilz; 06-09-2016 at 05:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2016, 06:35 PM   #6
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

All of the guys and gals Wis and Red mentioned are all people I want in as well. This is going to be an interesting time as E3 usually is.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 06-09-2016, 08:53 PM   #7
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

It says "to reveal the latest roster members", meaning it'll be a handful of people. I'd guess 6-10 and the usual SummerSlam timeframe for the rest.

You know they'll lead with at least one of Sasha/Charlotte/Becky, because that was a decent PR hit for them last year. Personally, I'd expect a women's MyCareer this year to further cement that.

Here's hoping for some news at E3 (even a hint of something) that shows if/how they plan on keeping the game fresh this year though.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:22 PM   #8
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

If this game is sim, Roman Reigns should be 100 overall right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »