Home

WWE 2K17 ONCE AGAIN Pinning system is Screwed!

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17 ONCE AGAIN Pinning system is Screwed! within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2016, 03:35 PM   #33
All Star

OVR: 2
Re: WWE 2K17 ONCE AGAIN Pinning system is Screwed!

Kicking out has been dumb ever since they added a meter. At least keep the option for button mashing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2016, 05:44 PM   #34
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
I remember being able to kick out at 1 very late in the match with the 12 and 13 pin meter also.

This has been an issue for years, but nobody cares to address it. OP is right. The 2 count is an important part of the drama of pro wrestling, and there are numerous ways to fix this, but it never gets fixed.
I play WWE 12 all of the time, and you are wrong on 12s meter. Late in the match after two finishers on epic it is really difficult to kick out unless you have resiliency.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:48 PM   #35
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
I play WWE 12 all of the time, and you are wrong on 12s meter. Late in the match after two finishers on epic it is really difficult to kick out unless you have resiliency.
I'm not talking about after a finisher. I'm talking about after a normal grapple move late in the match.

Watch any real wrestling match. Even after a standard suplex in the middle/end of a match, nobody just about EVER kicks out at 1. But that's been possible and NORMAL on the user's end in this series for a long time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 11:21 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
I'm not talking about after a finisher. I'm talking about after a normal grapple move late in the match.

Watch any real wrestling match. Even after a standard suplex in the middle/end of a match, nobody just about EVER kicks out at 1. But that's been possible and NORMAL on the user's end in this series for a long time.
Yeah it is ridiculous. I don't understand why they allow you to kick out at one late in a match. I wonder if the WWE 2k developers are planning on addressing this... or if they could care less.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:39 PM   #37
Rookie

victorkingchamp's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteward84
This isn't really a "dear developers" forum.

The first video looked fantastic, I'm glad the backstage / crowd fighting got added. Maybe it's just me, but the pinning system has never really bothered me that much. People sometimes kick out early. Probably not THAT often, but I'd rather have that system than the glitch in previous editions where the computer either kicked out at one specific point or you knew they wouldn't at all.
I agree. People have their preferences but,there's nothing broken about the pin system. It's not perfect but I prefer it over the broken systems from past games. The current system rewards skill and has clear rules.

The button mashing system wasn't better it was just different. The problem with the button mashing is that you couldn't kick out after taking a set amount of damage. You should ALWAYS have a chance(no matter how slim) to kick out of a pin attempt just like in the actual WWE where wrestlers kick out of multiple finishers.

I get why some people don't like the current system but I honestly think it's one of the best ones ever in a wrestling game.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:58 PM   #38
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorkingchamp
I agree. People have their preferences but,there's nothing broken about the pin system. It's not perfect but I prefer it over the broken systems from past games. The current system rewards skill and has clear rules.
This is why I like it. There's no fuss, it's very clear what the objective is.

Let's go back to the examples Razeart proposed on page two, where users would have chances to kick out at random tenths of a second, providing multiple opportunities to kick out between counts one, two, and three. How would this clearly be explained to the player? And how does it display in-game? Do we keep the current pin circle and just show multiple kickout "hot spots" on it to hit? Does this idea of allowing multiple attempts to kick out between counts account for the player needing to mentally register that they missed the first attempt and now have to look for the second spot? How long does it take the brain to process that information? Does it make the game challenging yet still fun, or just cause an annoyance?

Or on the next page, the idea of separating between jobbers, midcard, and main event. What determines this in-game? Resiliency? Toughness? You can't just say "jobbers" because the user has the freedom to edit ratings and change the perceived rank of anyone they want. It has to be tied to something. Then again, it has to be explained clearly in-game whatever minimum thresholds would be to different levels allowing multiple kickout attempts.

Having said all that, Clarityman's idea of a dynamic meter isn't a bad idea.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:19 PM   #39
Banned

Thumbs down Re: WWE 2K17 ONCE AGAIN Pinning system is Screwed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
This is why I like it. There's no fuss, it's very clear what the objective is.

Let's go back to the examples Razeart proposed on page two, where users would have chances to kick out at random tenths of a second, providing multiple opportunities to kick out between counts one, two, and three. How would this clearly be explained to the player? And how does it display in-game? Do we keep the current pin circle and just show multiple kickout "hot spots" on it to hit? Does this idea of allowing multiple attempts to kick out between counts account for the player needing to mentally register that they missed the first attempt and now have to look for the second spot? How long does it take the brain to process that information? Does it make the game challenging yet still fun, or just cause an annoyance?

Or on the next page, the idea of separating between jobbers, midcard, and main event. What determines this in-game? Resiliency? Toughness? You can't just say "jobbers" because the user has the freedom to edit ratings and change the perceived rank of anyone they want. It has to be tied to something. Then again, it has to be explained clearly in-game whatever minimum thresholds would be to different levels allowing multiple kickout attempts.

Having said all that, Clarityman's idea of a dynamic meter isn't a bad idea.
What Clarityman is saying is the same thing i am trying to explain. I proposed the idea of kicking out at different tenths of a second as an idea. And just gave examples. Didnt mean to make it seem like it has to specifically be the tenths of a second i described.

I am saying the game gives you to many chances to kick out at one late in a match. You should only have 2 attempts to kick out after the two count late in a match.

Late in a match the meter should pop up after the two count and should fill up faster allowing the user 2 chances to kickout after the two count.

And if you are hit with a finisher only one chance. When its late in a match. You shouldnt be allowed to kick out at 1 after a finisher.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:47 PM   #40
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeart2422
It should be like this:

After being hit with Regular Move:
Can Kick out at 1 , 1.8, 2 or 2.5
(4 chances)

After being hit with a Signature Move:
Can kick out at 2,2.2 or 2.7
(3 chances)
The Rock's spinebuster should be considered a regular setup move, even though 2K sets it as his Signature.

After being hit with a Finisher:
Can Kick out at 2.9.
(1 Chance)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeart2422
Maybe something like this.

*Jobbers:
When hit with regular move:
Pin meter gives 4 chances to kick out.

When hit with signature move:
Pin meter gives 2 chances to kick out after 2 count.

When hit with Finisher move:
Pin meter gives 1 small chance to kick out after 2 count.

*Mid Carders
Hit w/reg move:
4 chances to kick out.

Hit w/sig move:
3 chances to kick out after 2 count.

Hit w/Finishing move:
1 chance of kick out after 2 count.

*Main Eventers

Hit w/reg move:
5 chances to kick out (2 before 1 count and 3 after 2 count)

Hit w/sig move:
3 chances to kick out after 2 count.

Hit w/finishing move:
2 Chances to kick out after 2 count.
Quote:
My suggestion has always been a dynamic pin meter. The pin kickout section starts out small, and grows as the count continues. The rate at which it grows depends on the damage taken.

Thus, late in a match or after a finisher, during the 1 count the kickout section is impossibly small. But during the two count, after a normal move, the highlighted section grows to become quite large. After a finisher, it grows, but a much, much smaller, slower amount.
---

I don't read these as the same thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »