Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

NBA 2K11 was a fantastic game. The classic teams (mainly the Sonics), the graphics, the gameplay; the game had it all. No chance 2K was going to be able to even match what 2K11 accomplished.

We were wrong.

After getting some quality time playing NBA 2K12 I can safely say that the crew has done it again. For the umpteenth time, NBA2K will almost certainly be better than its predecessor.

Read More - NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview

**Editors Note -- This is the first of two hands-on previews coming from us. The second one, written by the man, the myth, and the ego Mr. Steve Noah will hit the site on Monday.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Colts18 @ 09/16/11 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomAH30
I wouldn't mind the D-League being removed to be honest.
Why do you feel this way?

# 42 adwin7 @ 09/16/11 01:23 PM
Every thread devolves into a discussion about the color of a shoe or wristband. I think EVERYONE understands that things aren't 100 % correct in the game right now. Maybe a thread dedicated to these complaints would help to keep threads about other things on topic.

Besides that, great write up. I get the sense that 2k12 will not be defined by one or two major features but by the sum of many smaller parts. The way it handles against other users will determine whether this could make a run at game of the year. I'm really hoping that cheese is cut down drastically.

Edit: sorry. That was a little random. I was responding to some post way earlier. Should have refreshed first.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

# 43 Rdub33 @ 09/16/11 01:27 PM
Are zone defenses more effective than man to man?

If I play bill Russell against a modern team which picture do I get? Grainy? Or hd?

Did u go out of bounds a lot?

Is it easier to score without plays or with plays?

Thanks d

# 44 TomAH30 @ 09/16/11 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
Why do you feel this way?
The D-League players in 2K11 looked ridiculous and had some really strange names. A lot of them had odd shaped faces with bright green hair. The only time I have CAP's in my Association is when the rookies enter the league at the start of a new season. (Downloaded rookies, not the horrible looking default players).
If 2K had realistic default players in the D-League then I'd be happy. That's why I said I wouldn't be mind the D-League being left out, I'm just presuming it will be like 2K11 although I hope I'm wrong.

# 45 Colts18 @ 09/16/11 01:36 PM
So it isn't the D-League that you have issue with. It is the lack of real players that you had issue with.

# 46 TomAH30 @ 09/16/11 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
So it isn't the D-League that you have issue with. It is the lack of real players that you had issue with.
Well no, it's the poor CAP's in the D-League. I'm not expecting real players in the D-League I want realistic CAP's though.

# 47 Boogiemanjay @ 09/16/11 01:50 PM
is there going to be a full all-star weekend that only thing
I'm waiting to hear about

# 48 adwin7 @ 09/16/11 02:02 PM
Is the passing system under embargo, because I have not heard much about lead passing or off ball cuts. Are they still in? I really liked being able to lead perimeter players back so they could catch the ball when the defender was pressing.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

# 49 kolanji @ 09/16/11 02:23 PM
great preview ma man Dustin a job well done...question on defense is the cutting off animation back?if so is it better?

# 50 Colts18 @ 09/16/11 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomAH30
Well no, it's the poor CAP's in the D-League. I'm not expecting real players in the D-League I want realistic CAP's though.
Just think of it as College Hoops 2K

# 51 SpecterSBC @ 09/16/11 02:35 PM
Sweet! Guess I'll be hooked on that my player drug this year again

# 52 DustinT @ 09/16/11 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
Sorry can you claify: Do you mean no green (alternate) jerseys for 96 Finals, or also that Ok City didnt have retro Sonic jerseys available either? Thx. Was wanting 80's through early 90's one's bad!
They only have the home and away jerseys for the '96 team. I didn't bother checking under OKC's jerseys.

# 53 juicey79 @ 09/16/11 03:41 PM
Hi Dustin, great article.

If you don't mind could you share some information about some of the sig shots and if possible sig mannerisms of the classic players. Such as Ewing sweating profusely, or if Jordan's shot was tweaked a bit. Also were there any subtle eye candy to the game. Maybe finger bands or sneakers. I notice from the video they have LED displays along the baseline.

Thanks

# 54 BRxSKINSx @ 09/16/11 04:51 PM
Grrrrrr....October, get here already.... I'm dying to get my hands on da game already....

# 55 dwade21 @ 09/16/11 05:04 PM
the reason the jerseys colors are this way is because the nba gives 2k a color palette so blame it on the nba

# 56 lilscar88 @ 09/16/11 06:26 PM
awesome game but hey i have one question do you guys think were gonna start with 12 minutes and improve by 2 after every game? or do you think if your picked like top 3 you'll start with 30 minutes

# 57 lilscar88 @ 09/16/11 06:28 PM
and where do you play the demo on the xbox from?

# 58 qpc123 @ 09/16/11 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilscar88
and where do you play the demo on the xbox from?
idk, your house, that's where I'll play the demo from(my house).

# 59 tril @ 09/16/11 06:47 PM
Bring It, How about pushing up the release date to this Tuesday, now that would be totally awesome.

# 60 Vast @ 09/16/11 07:30 PM
Thanks for this write up! Can't wait to get my grubby large hands on this game. 2k = BBall heaven!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.