Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Thanks to chrisjohnson83 (who has already confirmed his legit copy of the game with me), we have screenshots of the overall team ratings for MLB 13 The Show. This includes batting, pitching and defensive team ratings.

The ratings are accurate as of the January 24th roster update, so there will probably be subtle changes before release date on March 5th.

Overall Team Rating
  • 1. Detroit Tigers
  • 2. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 3. Boston Red Sox
  • 4. Los Angeles Angels
  • 5. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 6. Texas Rangers
  • 7. Washington Nationals
  • 8. Atlanta Braves
  • 9. Cincinnati Reds
  • 10. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 11. New York Yankees
  • 12. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 13. Colorado Rockies
  • 14. Chicago White Sox
  • 15. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 16. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 17. San Francisco Giants
  • 18. Oakland Athletics
  • 19. Kansas City Royals
  • 20. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 21. Baltimore Orioles
  • 22. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 23. Seattle Mariners
  • 24. Cleveland Indians
  • 25. San Diego Padres
  • 26. Minnesota Twins
  • 27. Chicago Cubs
  • 28. New York Mets
  • 29. Miami Marlins
  • 30. Houston Astros
Team Batting
  • 1. Detroit Tigers
  • 2. Los Angeles Angels
  • 3. Colorado Rockies
  • 4. Boston Red Sox
  • 5. Texas Rangers
  • 6. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 7. Cincinnati Reds
  • 8. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 9. Washington Nationals
  • 10. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 11. New York Yankees
  • 12. Atlanta Braves
  • 13. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 14. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 15. Baltimore Orioles
  • 16. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 17. Chicago White Sox
  • 18. Kansas City Royals
  • 19. Oakland Athletics
  • 20. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 21. Cleveland Indians
  • 22. San Francisco Giants
  • 23. Seattle Mariners
  • 24. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 25. Miami Marlins
  • 26. New York Mets
  • 27. San Diego Padres
  • 28. Minnesota Twins
  • 29. Chicago Cubs
  • 30. Houston Astros
Team Pitching
  • 1. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 2. Washington Nationals
  • 3. Atlanta Braves
  • 4. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 5. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 6. New York Yankees
  • 7. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 8. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 9. San Francisco Giants
  • 10. Boston Red Sox
  • 11. Cincinnati Reds
  • 12. Texas Rangers
  • 13. Detroit Tigers
  • 14. Los Angeles Angels
  • 15. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 16. Oakland Athletics
  • 17. Chicago White Sox
  • 18. Kansas City Royals
  • 19. San Diego Padres
  • 20. Seattle Mariners
  • 21. Cleveland Indians
  • 22. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 23. Colorado Rockies
  • 24. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 25. Baltimore Orioles
  • 26. Chicago Cubs
  • 27. Minnesota Twins
  • 28. New York Mets
  • 29. Houston Astros
  • 30. Miami Marlins
Team Defense
  • 1. New York Yankees
  • 2. Los Angeles Dodgers
  • 3. Los Angeles Angels
  • 4. Tampa Bay Rays
  • 5. Cincinnati Reds
  • 6. Philadelphia Phillies
  • 7. Atlanta Braves
  • 8. Chicago Cubs
  • 9. Baltimore Orioles
  • 10. San Francisco Giants
  • 11. Texas Rangers
  • 12. Washington Nationals
  • 13. Colorado Rockies
  • 14. St. Louis Cardinals
  • 15. Boston Red Sox
  • 16. Kansas City Royals
  • 17. Arizona Diamondbacks
  • 18. San Diego Padres
  • 19. Detroit Tigers
  • 20. Houston Astros
  • 21. Pittsburgh Pirates
  • 22. Cleveland Indians
  • 23. Seattle Mariners
  • 24. Oakland Athletics
  • 25. Miami Marlins
  • 26. Toronto Blue Jays
  • 27. Minnesota Twins
  • 28. Milwaukee Brewers
  • 29. Chicago White Sox
  • 30. New York Mets

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Majingir @ 02/22/13 12:20 PM
Surprised to see Cards and especially Red Sox so high up.

Red Sox didn't make that many offseason moves did they? They finished last year below .500 and end up a top team in the game?

I wonder what factors went into defense ratings, cause the Jays(who are ranked 26th in defense in this game) finished 11th in 2012 in team fielding%, and that was obviously before addition of guys like Jose Reyes and gold glove winner in Buehrle.

# 22 barsoffury @ 02/22/13 12:20 PM
Seems about right but how is the team that won the world series without many changes ranked 17th overall.? Yankees should be much lower.

# 23 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 02/22/13 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
LoL that's BS, the best team won plain and simple. They were playing the best baseball and as a result won the World Series.
Yep they played the best baseball when it counted but are still nowhere near the best overall team which is what the ratings factor in

# 24 rts5002 @ 02/22/13 12:22 PM
Chrisjohnson83, you're 1 in 2 million whose wish has come true...similar odds to winning the jackpot on a scratch off lottery ticket...if i had to choose between the two I'd choose getting The Show 2 weeks early!

# 25 ShowTyme15 @ 02/22/13 12:22 PM
Idk why everyone is so worked up these ratings are from Jan. 24th. Pretty sure when the first roster update drops on the 5th most of these will change. Got to remember too the rosters were locked as of Jan. 28th too so keep that in mind.

# 26 barsoffury @ 02/22/13 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Surprised to see Cards and especially Red Sox so high up.

Red Sox didn't make that many offseason moves did they? They finished last year below .500 and end up a top team in the game?

I wonder what factors went into defense ratings, cause the Jays(who are ranked 26th in defense in this game) finished 11th in 2012 in team fielding%, and that was obviously before addition of guys like Jose Reyes and gold glove winner in Buehrle.
Ya I don't get about the Jays either defensively. Weakness' would be LF and 2nd. That's it.

# 27 zack4070 @ 02/22/13 12:25 PM
Ok so I know the Cubs stink in hitting and and I know its just a video game not real life but the Cubs pitching at #26. With Garza, Shark being awesome last year and the signing of Edwin Jackson and couple other guys for starting and bullpen? I would take the Cubs pitching over 9 teams ahead of them (Col, Mil, Bal, Pit, Cle, Sea, SD, CWS, NYY). Ok....ahem.... I done.

#27 overall I cant disagree with that too much so Im guessing the ranked the Cubs down low to make their overall rating. If their pitching was where it should be around 16th-17th then their overall should be around 19th-20th cuz their defense is strong. Oh...ahem...now Im done.

# 28 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 02/22/13 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barsoffury
Seems about right but how is the team that won the world series without many changes ranked 17th overall.? Yankees should be much lower.
They're ranked 17th because they didn't make any changes to improve

Just because they won it all doesn't mean they should be the best team overall

# 29 HustlinOwl @ 02/22/13 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3

took Kershaw injury for them to win West

# 30 MrOldboy @ 02/22/13 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zack4070
Ok so I know the Cubs stink in hitting and and I know its just a video game not real life but the Cubs pitching at #26. With Garza, Shark being awesome last year and the signing of Edwin Jackson and couple other guys for starting and bullpen? I would take the Cubs pitching over 9 teams ahead of them (Col, Mil, Bal, Pit, Cle, Sea, SD, CWS, NYY). Ok....ahem.... I done.

#27 overall I cant disagree with that too much so Im guessing the ranked the Cubs down low to make their overall rating. If their pitching was where it should be around 16th-17th then their overall should be around 19th-20th cuz their defense is strong. Oh...ahem...now Im done.
I'd agree that they are a bit underrated pitching wise, they were 24th in ERA last year and added quite a bit this year, but its understandable since I bet a lot of guys are rated pretty low on the 25 man roster in the game. But the "real" ratings will come out when the custom rosters are finished.

# 31 big_tone91 @ 02/22/13 12:34 PM
Looks like this is taking the farm into account since the cardinals have the best farm in baseball.

# 32 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 02/22/13 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
took Kershaw injury for them to win West
That and some tainted Melk in the first half

# 33 Maizeandbluekid @ 02/22/13 12:38 PM
Hmm. With the starting rotation that the Tigers have, why are they 13th in Team Pitching? I know there's questions on the back end of the bullpen, but when you have studs like Verlander, Fister, Scherzer, and Sanchez, I think it balances that out. More than that, I think.

# 34 reduced price @ 02/22/13 12:41 PM
I have no idea where they came up with these rankings? The Red Sox, overall rating is 3? Where is the logic to this? Not to mention the Cardinals are 2nd. This is unreal, would love to know how they came up with these rankings.

# 35 Curahee @ 02/22/13 12:43 PM
OK, the only thing that surprises me, and honestly, I really dont care because I adjust them anyway, but Im surprised the Tigers are ranked #1 yet are so low in PIT & DEF. I guess BAT is the kicker here.

# 36 barsoffury @ 02/22/13 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3

Didn't say they were the best but they're a hell of a good team. Way better than the Yankees.

# 37 The Kid 24 @ 02/22/13 12:45 PM
Brewers Offense at 14th? Brewers had the BEST Offense in the NL!!!

Maybe Hart isn't included...

W/o Hart - Top 10
W/ Hart - Top 3

# 38 gigadkc @ 02/22/13 12:47 PM
Red Sox 3rd overall, 4th in batting and 10th in pitching? WOW.
Rockies having better pitching staff than the Mets, Brewers and Cubs? Yankees 1st in defense? Oh, at least the last one will be fixed, the Yanks signed Pronk after January 24th

tbh I never care about the ratings because the default rosters aren't that good. Unfortunately most players always have some weird ratings, so usually there's a ton of editing work waiting to be done when the game is released.

# 39 Majingir @ 02/22/13 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barsoffury
Ya I don't get about the Jays either defensively. Weakness' would be LF and 2nd. That's it.
I wouldn't even consider either really a weakness. Both Izturis and Cabrera are big upgrades over Johnson and Davis(Jays 2012 2B and LF)

# 40 Iceman87GT @ 02/22/13 12:49 PM
Admittedly I haven't kept up with all the moves made by the Orioles (though a precursory look seems to show that the bullpen remains largely intact) but how does their Bullpen rank? I understand the Starting Pitching bringing the overall rating down but considering they had statistically one of the best bullpens in the majors last year it seems absurd that they would be all the way at 22.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.