Home
Need For Speed Rivals News Post

The Need For Speed series has been a constant on consoles for almost 20 years, and while there have been many ups and downs for the series, it has always drawn interest from racing fans. The series has also seen its fair share of developers, from EA Canada, Slightly Mad Studios, Criterion, and now Ghost Games.

The minute you fire up the newest release, in Need For Speed Rivals, fans of the series will notice a familiar feel as it closely resembles Criterion's Need For Speed: Most Wanted(2012) and Hot Pursuit(2010). And while that’s not bad thing, fans who were looking for a change of direction because of a new development team, might come away a bit disappointed. To be fair though, Ghost Games is comprised of a lot of former Criterion staff, hence the familiar feeling to the game.

The open world of racing returns with Need For Speed Rivals, and this time because of the newly implemented ALLDrive, the three worlds of single player, co-op, and multiplayer have all merged together in one setting. What this means is simply everything you do in the fictitious Redview County will be done together. That’s right – friends, A.I., and others will now all be on a server at once, and it makes for some interesting gameplay.

Read More - Need for Speed Rivals Review (PS4)

Game: Need For Speed RivalsReader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
Need For Speed Rivals Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Halloween @ 11/22/13 02:30 PM
Lack of singleplayer depth is a pretty big thing to me.
What's worth 60$ if you get bored after 2 hours?

# 2 porkys8077 @ 11/22/13 08:37 PM
I will pick this up, but for the 360.

# 3 facu23 @ 11/24/13 05:19 PM
I can see nice graphics!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.