Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Many football fans purchase Madden year after year with the lofty hopes that the game will mirror the actual sport they love as closely as possible. And while the folks at EA continue to take strides in the right direction in terms of making this dream a reality, there are still a number of areas in which improvements are needed if the game is ever going to measure up to what we see on the field on Sundays (and Mondays and Thursdays and every other day of the week NFL games are now held).

Read More - Six Ways to Make Madden More of a Simulation

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 ednaaard @ 05/02/17 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
- Route running should matter. Everything is done on a perfect line. Players with low route running should make mistakes like cutting to the inside too soon (or late). They should be programmed to say "I need to go to spot X on the field, but how I get there is up in the air". All of this would screw up timing and cause incompletions.
This is a fantastic idea, and wouldn't be too hard to implement either.

# 42 Madden08PCgmr @ 05/03/17 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy_Duhz_it_
Madden has had the same issues for over 10 years. Every year we get nothing from the devs but "This year the focus is on the running game" or "this year the focus is on defense" when we should be getting a game that's focused on every aspect of the NFL. From the passing to the running to the defense to the commentary to the overall presentation. It just feels like every year is a roster update with no real changes. In my opinion, NFL 2K5 is STILL the most complete football ever made.

I think with all the mods and customization options, Madden PC is fantastic. It's a great community that improves on something, slowly but surely, every single year.

As for today's Madden; I think they're making EXACTLY what they want. They're catering to the online guys and selling supplementary content. That's the focus, and has been for quite some. Part of their audience is alienated by that, but EA has the right to do as they please.

I'm moving on at this point. The football game I want doesn't exist, and I don't think it's coming back. With my PC franchise completely played out, I'm on to The Show.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 43 DatIsraeliGuy @ 05/04/17 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
I think with all the mods and customization options, Madden PC is fantastic. It's a great community that improves on something, slowly but surely, every single year.

As for today's Madden; I think they're making EXACTLY what they want. They're catering to the online guys and selling supplementary content. That's the focus, and has been for quite some. Part of their audience is alienated by that, but EA has the right to do as they please.

I'm moving on at this point. The football game I want doesn't exist, and I don't think it's coming back. With my PC franchise completely played out, I'm on to The Show.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
There's a madden game on PC?

# 44 bcruise @ 05/04/17 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
There's a madden game on PC?
'08 was the last one.

# 45 nateRD @ 05/07/17 02:05 AM
Is there much difference between advancing week stats in a game or starting a game and swimming to the end? Which is better for sim leagues?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.