Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2017, 03:30 AM   #5321
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

I need help guys, you are much more experienced and you will probably know what to do.
So i play career on legendary with Wolves with OS comm. sliders and 6 min halves (i am doing it on youtube and it takes a lot of time to edit everything etc so i cannot play more even if i would love to). I am in second season and i am in premier league now. My problem is that if i have the sliders as they are supposed to be (1.07) the matches almost always end up 0:0 or at best 1:0 (and lowering the shot error doesnt help) and CPU is not attacking, they always try to hold the ball, pass it around and so they dont get to attacking chances and me neither because i cannot get to the ball and if i get to it i cannot get past their superb defense.
So i tried to lower the marking value and set pass error for CPU bit higher as i though that it will make the defenders little bit worse and that it would open up the game. And it did, but only for me. So now i win every match 4:0, 5:0 etc. so i have to set it back to the original values.
Is there a way to make the CPU little bit worse in defense and make him attack more, go forward more, try to score goals more instead of focusing on possession?
(BTW how can you guys have GK ability on 50? I left it at 15 and even with 15 the goalkeepers make crazy superb saves all the time each game, i cannot imagine having it at 50 )
Thanks a lot for answers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2017, 03:55 AM   #5322
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Mate it's the half length that is the issue I'm afraid, I used to play 7mins & you will always get 0-0 games. You have to go for 10 minutes minimum I'm afraid otherwise you won't get enough time to build up your game. I'd have said try dropping goalkeeper ability but it looks like you already don't play on 50. You could try upping run frequency as that will get players in box more which you need on lower halves.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-22-2017, 04:02 AM   #5323
Pro

Sorry, just my off target topic. Yesterday (night) Ultimate Team Championship Series E-Sport on TV. It has nothing to do with what the sport is about!?. Its like table tennis. The players are steered 200 km per hour up and down the track, the only thing it's about is to control the buttons as quickly as possible, it's a joke to call that football. Have never seen anything more ridiculous !. But that says what we are up against, EA is totally outrageous with the game's principles, money and money only.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:30 AM   #5324
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
Mate it's the half length that is the issue I'm afraid, I used to play 7mins & you will always get 0-0 games. You have to go for 10 minutes minimum I'm afraid otherwise you won't get enough time to build up your game. I'd have said try dropping goalkeeper ability but it looks like you already don't play on 50. You could try upping run frequency as that will get players in box more which you need on lower halves.
So i wanted to try if the half length could be the reason so i made a little test. I reverted my experimental changes back to standart 1.07 sliders and i found a save where i have two matches, one with weaker opponent and one with stronger opponent and try to play 6 min and then 10 min halves.

LEGENDARY, 1.07 sliders (with lower shot error for CPU so they score more), 6 min half length:
1. Wolves - Aston Villa 2:0 (shots 11:2, on goal 8:1, possession 52:48)
2. Man. City - Wolves 0:1 (shots 5:9, on goal 2:5, possession 57:43)

LEGENDARY, 1.07 sliders (with lower shot error for CPU so they score more), 10 min half length
1. Wolves - Aston Villa 5:1 (shots 22:5, on goal 19:3, possession 49:51)
2. Man. City - Wolves 0:1 (shots 7:14, on goal 3:11, possession 54:46)

So only 1 goal from CPU in 4 matches no matter the half length and even with lowered shot error for cpu)

So it seems that only thing that changes when you raise the half length is amount of shots and goals for the player, but the match is still super boring, because CPU don't attack at all. They only get few half-chances but nothing that would threaten you, nothing that would make the game more fun, more difficult And for the record, i am not a good FIFA player, only skill move i can do is berba spin and nothing else, i can't properly use the protecting of the ball feature etc etc, so i am not a good FIFA player.

So i guess i somehow need to find a way to make the CPU attack more, shoot more and score more. Because it is simply weird that with wolves, on legendary, with community sliders i can be on first position of premier league after 10 matches when i just got promoted from championship.

So you think i should raise the run frequency for CPU and this would make the CPU attack more? And how much? Or what other change in the sliders would help the CPU to attack more? thanks again
Old 04-22-2017, 05:33 AM   #5325
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Try run slider, only do 1 click at a time & see how it goes, that's what Matt advised me in the past, hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2017, 12:46 PM   #5326
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by andanesean
Sorry, just my off target topic. Yesterday (night) Ultimate Team Championship Series E-Sport on TV. It has nothing to do with what the sport is about!?. Its like table tennis. The players are steered 200 km per hour up and down the track, the only thing it's about is to control the buttons as quickly as possible, it's a joke to call that football. Have never seen anything more ridiculous !. But that says what we are up against, EA is totally outrageous with the game's principles, money and money only.
Absolutely spot on. FUT is a joke, it takes everything into the realms of fantasy, a cartoon version of football. Unwatchable, and largely unplayable unless you enjoy raging and throwing your controller lol (yes I have done both, but getting less interested in this dice-throw of a game mode as it never gets any better)
Old 04-22-2017, 12:49 PM   #5327
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Episode 21 of Youth Squad Champions, and we push for promotion into the Premier League! Also a surprise cup run...utilizing 1.07 sliders with accel 50/50, 10 minute halves, legendary, slow game speed. Enjoy!
Old 04-22-2017, 01:14 PM   #5328
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Steve, love your episodes, they are so much fun to watch! Thank you so much for sharing them (and your obvious and infectious love of the game) here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »