Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2010, 06:35 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
I see.. Was wondering because one of the tips in game was playing golf in a first person view. I guess I will have to wait until prostroke golf is out to get that view.
Nope. TW11 for PS3 when the Move is released and TW11 for Wii will support first person views....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 24

The True Aim changes this game completely. It is much more immersive and makes playing more strategic as well. It is as revolutionary as Tru Swing was with the mouse back in the day.

I'm not sure what use you would get with a 1st person true view when you use a joystick. It really would feel kinda goofy. It's made for the Wii because you're actually swinging and I'm sure will be added to the PS3 via patch when the Move debuts.

Hopefully they fixed that goofy AI scoring as that's the only thing that ruins the career mode and online is a mute point as people always find a way to shoot -30 in a round no matter what they add. Golf games are not conducive for online with strangers.

It would be nice to buy the PS3 version now and by the time you get bored with it in a few months then the Move comes out and you feel like you're playing a whole new game.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
The True Aim changes this game completely. It is much more immersive and makes playing more strategic as well. It is as revolutionary as Tru Swing was with the mouse back in the day.

I'm not sure what use you would get with a 1st person true view when you use a joystick. It really would feel kinda goofy. It's made for the Wii because you're actually swinging and I'm sure will be added to the PS3 via patch when the Move debuts.

Hopefully they fixed that goofy AI scoring as that's the only thing that ruins the career mode and online is a mute point as people always find a way to shoot -30 in a round no matter what they add. Golf games are not conducive for online with strangers.

It would be nice to buy the PS3 version now and by the time you get bored with it in a few months then the Move comes out and you feel like you're playing a whole new game.
Well said...could not agree more.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:14 PM   #28
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

You dont need motion controls to make use of a first person view.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

JEM, you are correct. They used it, sort of, in Prostroke.

I'm surprise they have not put out any additional information.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:32 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
You dont need motion controls to make use of a first person view.
Gee, really?

You made a statement and I gave you an answer. Both TW versions will be out before ProStroke so please do not insist that you will have to wait for first person cameras in ProStroke....
Old 05-19-2010, 11:40 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

I was sitting here and thinking about somethings people have been saying on the forums about the way TW11 looks. I think they look more like Wii graphics and how the Wii has 20+ courses. maybe we are looking at 20 or so courses out of the box. I was also thinking that it would be impossible to use 10 course DLC on 11's game with the addition of True Aim.
Also one thing in the demo that I don't like and see it happening way too often is getting your focus back by hitting BAD shots. I am going to play TrueAim on tour pro anyways, but for those who don't, I feel this issue can be exploited. Hope EA will fix this with a patch along with the removal of the blue trail in TrueAim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 11:12 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

Love it. Just wish follow cam was available for TrueAim and that TrueAim was mandatory for all Tour Pro online modes.

And I don't like the blue trail either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »