Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #41
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Going to continue to sit out on this franchise...but good to know they are somewhat heading in the right direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 11:10 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

I still think it's too early to decide whether to buy or not buy the game. The demo is just that, a demo. Too bad EA hasn't released any other info about the game, outside of what we can see in the demo.
As to Divot's big feature, I'd hate to hear that DLC will not be able to be used in career mode. It stinks being able to only play 1 event at each course. I'd like to see career mode have 25 to 30 events, and not 1 or 2 a month. Either that or make career mode go longer than 5 seasons, before you have to start over.
I also wish EA would lift the NDA, so Divot can explode with all his inside information, or others who went to CD.
** oh BTW , I am not saying the DLC was Divot's big feature, sorry!**
Old 05-20-2010, 11:40 PM   #43
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm kinda on the fence here. I really, really like the concept of True Aim...it's about time we got rid of the pinpoint shots and tried to bring the game to something more realistic. But I wish they still had the follow camera after the shot. Also, not being able to use it in head to head online is a big disappointment. I understand there were some challenges involved in the coding to make it work, but it's a huge let down that we won't be able to play with True Aim online with friends...not to mention that every league I've played in requires you to play your round online with another member, so that goes out the window.

Gonna have to wait and see if the other game (name escapes me) brings anything better to the table.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:07 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Gotta say I disagree with the "little touchups" comment. However, the following is a post from one of the TW11 Dev Reps on why True Aim is not enabled for MP online play:

So they know that users want it and are investigating ways to patch it in if possible. Some very good discussions going on in the EA TW forums...it WILL be available for all other online game play modes.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/549721.page
Seriously? The big new addition only works for half of the gaming experience out of the box. They change the menu around, add a few courses along with the "little touchups" and "bam" here is your brand new game!

With all due respect, this is practically the same game as the previous games but with a new coat of paint.

I value your opinion and posts but I get the feeling there may be a little bit of a bias towards EA with you.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:25 AM   #45
MVP

Klocker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
I really, really like the concept of True Aim...it's about time we got rid of the pinpoint shots and tried to bring the game to something more realistic. But I wish they still had the follow camera after the shot.

This.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 08:04 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman
Seriously? The big new addition only works for half of the gaming experience out of the box. They change the menu around, add a few courses along with the "little touchups" and "bam" here is your brand new game!

With all due respect, this is practically the same game as the previous games but with a new coat of paint.

I value your opinion and posts but I get the feeling there may be a little bit of a bias towards EA with you.
Yo9u can shout "bias" til the cows come home, however, I have seen the entire game, you haven't. So while I respect your point of view based upon the demo, as far as I know, I am still allowed to disagree with it without being called "biased".

Did TW10 have a Ryder Cup mode? Did TW10 have a new aiming system? Did TW10 have a new way to determine how your character's attributes are determined (by YOU the user)? Did TW10 have clothing that is animated? Shall I go on?

True Aim will NOT be available for "PART OF the gaming experience". Due to technical limitations, EA has stated it won't be available out of the box in MP online games. It WILL be available for every other mode both online and offline which is hardly "half the game experience". EA also stated they are looking for ways to patch this new aiming into the game or find a compromise that works without the zooming that is currently in the feature. Yeah, I see your point about TW11 being the same game with "a new coat of paint.....
Old 05-21-2010, 08:40 AM   #47
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Regarding attributes: I understand we'll be able to assign points to ratings at our discretion but will ratings still decline based on poor performance? I really liked that last year if I was having a terrible day with my wedges my wedge skill would take a hit - it prevented my golfer from turning into a superman.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #48
MVP

Klocker's Arena

I have to agree also that graphics are refined and definitely improved and the new sound effects are FINALLY realistic. It sounds great. New swing control may alone, be worth the price of admission.... it's actually a nice challenge

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »