Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12
Love it. Just wish follow cam was available for TrueAim and that TrueAim was mandatory for all Tour Pro online modes.

And I don't like the blue trail either.
A Dev Rep indicated they were looking to try to patch in the ability to turn the blue trail on or off...the patch would obviously come after the game ships as it has already been sent to manufacturing.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:27 PM   #34
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

The option to turn off the trail is there, it just doesn't work.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:38 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think the ball trail option is for the regular view and its white, not blue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

From the demo, I see very little difference in gameplay. I play mostly online with friends across the country so the True Aim feature will not be available. If all Im getting is little touchups and 75% of the same courses as last year than I'll probably pass.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #37
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
The option to turn off the trail is there, it just doesn't work.

according to the blog, if you choose Tru-aim, it overides the trail and leaves it on automatically . I assume it's because it's hard to judge depth perception as tio how far the ball is traveling without it but I see they are offering an option in a patch possibly to change that. I didn't like seeing it either
Old 05-20-2010, 05:45 PM   #38
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Loving the demo. Super excited. True Aim view changes everything about this game. And, for the first time since this generation of consoles is out, I'm getting it on the PS3 as opposed to the 360. For Move purposes. But as a small bonus BEFORE Move comes out, and Divot touched on this already, the PS3 version is much more sensitive than the 360 version. This is due to the analog sticks on the controller, I'm sure, but it made making a perfect swing on the PS3 demo much tougher than the 360 demo.

Can't wait to hear what this OTHER exciting announcement Divot refers to is going to be about
Old 05-20-2010, 06:39 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman
From the demo, I see very little difference in gameplay. I play mostly online with friends across the country so the True Aim feature will not be available. If all Im getting is little touchups and 75% of the same courses as last year than I'll probably pass.
Gotta say I disagree with the "little touchups" comment. However, the following is a post from one of the TW11 Dev Reps on why True Aim is not enabled for MP online play:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cem_ea_id.CamleeEA
I will address this one the best that I can. As some of you have figured out as of right now True-Aim is not a head to head online mode option. The specifics as to why are way to expansive to cover in a forum post but the main reason is back end online technology to support all of the player positioning and camera issues that integrating this into online would have caused. That does even begin to get into the issues that arose with the spectator system. That having been said we certainly understand the desire for it to be an available option within head to head and to that end we ARE looking at the feasibility of patching something like this into the game for Tiger 11. I don't want this post to be perceived as a promise that this is coming for this year as frankly I don't know right this min if we can solve all of the challenges that it presents in a timely fashion. To confirm one point of speculation about True-Aim it will indeed be available in Live Tournaments and events can be and will be set to True-Aim only. I hope this post clears up a few things and while I understand it may not lessen the disappointment hopefully it will at least allow the community to gain some level of understanding as to the challenges that go into some of these features. Thanks again for your continued support and while it may ring hollow with some we are listening and we are doing what we can to make the greatest golf game that has as many of the features and perks that you guys ask for every year.
So they know that users want it and are investigating ways to patch it in if possible. Some very good discussions going on in the EA TW forums...it WILL be available for all other online game play modes.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/549721.page
Old 05-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Can't wait to hear what this OTHER exciting announcement Divot refers to is going to be about
I am starting to think that the feature I was thinking about did not make it into TW11....but TW12....whoa. That is all I can comment on this, sorry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »