Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

CamleeEA opened an EA Ask the Devs thread at their forums. Got any questions, he''ll do his best to answer them. Check it out!
Old 05-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 24

I don't feel like signing up to EA. If anybody has a user ID (cough"Divotmaker" cough) can you ask the dev whether they actually made the AI scoring in season mode realistic this year so the winner isn't shooting -35 every tourney. For me anyways this is a game killer because it takes all realism out of season mode as you feel obligated to build your golfer up to superhuman to compete and birdie every hole. It's like playing Madden and all the scores being 90-73. Just makes the game cartoonish especially since the game should be more challenging with true aim and true view with the PS3 wand. It's especially frustrating because it's so easy to fix.

At the very least have a slider for it so gamers can adjust the scoring range to thier hearts delight if some gamers insist on buliding golfers with 400 yard drives.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 05-21-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I don't feel like signing up to EA.
Why? Wouldn't you rather ask the Devs directly? Sorry, but I have enough on my plate. I can't be a messenger between forums when it takes all of 2-3 minutes to sign up for an account on the EA forums...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 07:12 PM   #52
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

i havent played TWs in a long time but was looking to pick up TW11.

can someone please explain the difference in the difficulty settings...

obviously i know that tour pro is more challenging than amature, and that most ppl go to higher difficulty settings for a greater challenge..

but i find that most of EAs sports title only play fairly on the defualt settings which again 4 most ppl is to easy.

so along with explaing what the differences in gameplay would be with different difficulty settings, is there the option to customise the difficulty,

basically have the difficulty set to amature but have it play like tour pro by turn off all assist that real golfers dont have....or is this logic somehow flawed.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #53
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
i havent played TWs in a long time but was looking to pick up TW11.

can someone please explain the difference in the difficulty settings...

obviously i know that tour pro is more challenging than amature, and that most ppl go to higher difficulty settings for a greater challenge..

but i find that most of EAs sports title only play fairly on the defualt settings which again 4 most ppl is to easy.

so along with explaing what the differences in gameplay would be with different difficulty settings, is there the option to customise the difficulty,

basically have the difficulty set to amature but have it play like tour pro by turn off all assist that real golfers dont have....or is this logic somehow flawed.
I stay away from anything less than Tour Pro in Tiger Woods golf games because it makes absolutely no sense to me how I should be able to affect the ball *after* it has left the clubhead. Your idea of playing Amateur mode, with options off that make it play more like Tour Pro mode will work fine, as long as you're playing offline. You can bet your sweet bippy that those playing amateur online are using every aid and boost at their disposal.

I don't agree with your point that EA Sports titles, including this one, only play fairly on default settings. I think they are *fair* to the degree that they are fair, across the spectrum of play difficulties. They just offer more challenge in higher difficulty settings, but I've never thought of it as being because they're unfair, particularly in Tiger Woods golf.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #54
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

After playing the demo for the last 4 days, I've developed a purchase strategy for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11. As silly as this may sound, my decision on which version of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 to buy has come down to this - what will be the highest resolution platform on which I can play Tiger Woods 11 using True View?

If I get word that the PS3 version will eventually include True View, when Move support is implemented this Fall, then that's the direction I'll be going. Otherwise, I'll be buying a Wii and playing Tiger Woods 11 on it. I know 480p is pretty Spartan compared to 720p, but doggone it... True View is the way I want to play this game. Either way, I'll have to be buying a PS3 or a Wii to play Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 this year.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #55
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

haven't owned a TW game is over 3 years so picking this one up, especially with the addition of the Ryder Cup, is a no brainer for me.

My only complaint is the camera with True Aim. I want it to follow the ball, not show a trail and be from my vantage point. True Aim is a very welcomed addition, but why they chose to limit the camera options is disappointing.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #56
Rookie

BLB34's Arena

OVR: 5

After spending a little more time with True Aim it's starting to grow on me. I'm one of the many tour pro players who have been hoping for more realistic, less gimmicky, gameplay so this is a much appreciated option. A couple of things I'd like to see changed:

1. Provide not only the carry distance but total distance for each club on the HUD. I can't find total distances anywhere, unless I'm missing them.

2. Display the yardage left to the pin after each shot on the HUD. I know you can find this by zooming to the yardage markers, but it would be handy to have this readily available. It also is a little tough to read the yardages on the green through the green grid. (BTW - I really like the ability to pull up the hole layout directly from the HUD, but it would be even better if it showed your current position like the PC version used to do).

3. After hitting the shot and holding the camera view on the ball flight for a few seconds, switch to a follow-cam at the conclusion of the shot to more easily see where it ended up. I know, this takes a step back from true-aim realism, but I think it would improve the gameplay. At least make it an option.

I think True Aim plus the new attribute building system could breath life back into the career mode, assuming the scoring can be kept realistic on Tour Pro mode. While I may not love all the changes, overall I'm glad to see EA putting the effort into the game and at least trying to improve based on the community's feedback.

Last edited by BLB34; 05-22-2010 at 01:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »