Home

MLB '10: The Show - Top Pitchers

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Top Pitchers within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2010, 08:33 PM   #25
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Top Pitchers

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
No Zach Greinke in the top 10? Seriously? He did win the AL Cy Young last year Sony and beat Roy Halladay (he is number two on the list) for that honor while playing for a bad overall team. WOW!
Take in consideration, that this is based on the past 3 years. While Greinke had the better year this year, Halladay has been doing it for years. Keep in mind that it wasn't like Halladay didn't play on a bad team either. I do believe he should definitely be in the top 9 though.

With Lee, again the three year rule. Yes, he won the AL Cy Young in 08 but he only went 14-13 this year. He led the MLB in hits allowed with 245, while having a WHIP of 1.24. In 8 more innings this year than 08, Lee gave up 30 more hits.

Why people that say the Mariners have the best 1-2 punch in baseball confuses me when the Cards have a 2005 NL Cy Young award winner and should've been 2009 NL Cy Young award winner in Chris
Carpenter and the NL's leader in innings pitched and wins in Adam Wainwright.

The Mariners do have a great pitcher in Felix Hernandez who is becoming one of the most feared pitchers in the game. But he had, yet again, ONE GREAT year being this year.

Waino has had 3 solid years. In 08, he went 11-3 while missing 14 games. Imagine what he would've ended up going if he played the whole year. In 07, Waino's first full season as a starter, he went 14-12 for the worst Cardinals team since the beginning of the decade.

Now I agree with the Mariners probably being the most improved team of the year, but they still need to fix that offense.
NCAA: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Last edited by TeixeiraFanatic; 02-26-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 29

OMG! im suprised i actually agree with a list for once, go figure Doc's #2 now that hes in philly.... silly americans!
Old 02-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #27
Tar Heels/UCF

skinfan31's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeixeiraFanatic
Take in consideration, that this is based on the past 3 years. While Greinke had the better year this year, Halladay has been doing it for years. Keep in mind that it wasn't like Halladay didn't play on a bad team either. I do believe he should definitely be in the top 9 though.

With Lee, again the three year rule. Yes, he won the AL Cy Young in 08 but he only went 14-13 this year. He led the MLB in hits allowed with 245, while having a WHIP of 1.24. In 8 more innings this year than 08, Lee gave up 30 more hits.

Why people that say the Mariners have the best 1-2 punch in baseball confuses me when the Cards have a 2005 NL Cy Young award winner and should've been 2009 NL Cy Young award winner in Chris
Carpenter and the NL's leader in innings pitched and wins in Adam Wainwright.

The Mariners do have a great pitcher in Felix Hernandez who is becoming one of the most feared pitchers in the game. But he had, yet again, ONE GREAT year being this year.

Waino has had 3 solid years. In 08, he went 11-3 while missing 14 games. Imagine what he would've ended up going if he played the whole year. In 07, Waino's first full season as a starter, he went 14-12 for the worst Cardinals team since the beginning of the decade.

Now I agree with the Mariners probably being the most improved team of the year, but they still need to fix that offense.
I understand the three year thing, but why is Wagner on the list? Especially that high.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

wow, no krod is a joke, and feliciano is a top notch reliever maybe not top 9 but was hopeing to so him up there
Old 02-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

No Verlander in the top 10 is suprising.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 5
sabathia should have been alil higher up.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #31
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinfan31
I understand the three year thing, but why is Wagner on the list? Especially that high.
I was wondering the same thing. He did fine in 08 and 07, but wasn't used as a closer last year and I thought that last year was weighted on the heaviest. Oh well.
NCAA: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 7

WTF? Matt Thornton anyone? Seriously? Thornton had the 2nd best WAR of any reliever of 2.5 (behind Broxton, ahead of Wuertz). Thornton is EASILY a top 9 reliever, and probably top 5.

Also, Where is Cliff Lee and Zach Greinke? But especially Lee, he has done it for 2 years now.

Last edited by JoeCoolMan24; 02-26-2010 at 08:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »