Home

MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #41
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Dev Journal: Twitter in The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
DING DING DING.........we have a winner. They are also mad that it doesn't work like madden where it announces trades and moves etc......

Umm...... WOW! Thats really all I can say is WOW!

The same type of people that come on here crying for more realism are the same type of people that are now crying because its not fake enough!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #42
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee

The same type of people that come on here crying for more realism are the same type of people that are now crying because its not fake enough!

The point of it would be to provide info for your franchise. What real players tweet have nothing to do with the video game. And if you really want to know what players tweet you can just follow them on the real twitter.

I don't understand peoples response to people wanting fake tweets. It's a fake franchise in the first place...
Old 01-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #43
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

I actually like the idea of having generated "fake" twitter messages for a career mode. It works in NBA 2K since that mode is largely about gaining fans and such. You can spend the same points you earn on training or to boost your popularity in that mode. RTTS is all about making your player better. I completely agree that it doesn't make sense for what RTTS is currently.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #44
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
Why be so condescending?

To some people tweets within the franchise announcing trades, rumours etc would be a nice way to immerse yourself into the FAKE MLB franchise you are running.

Real tweets are all very good but most people with half an interest in baseball follow players etc on twitter anyway.
I agree.

Personally, this is better than what I was thinking it would be (my first thought was some type of link/integration for posting on Twitter. Like box scores or something... which, while certainly something many others would probably use, I would have zero use for myself), but I too would have preferred it be fake Twitter for a presentational element within franchise. Not that I need it to be Twitter, mind you, just something to freshen up in-franchise presentation and league continuity.

There's still hope that we'll get something aside from Twitter in that regard anyway though (as someone mentioned, I also recall a tidbit about something replacing newspapers). So while I'm not particularly excited about this feature personally, I'm not really "disappointed" by it either. Cool addition for people who will use it though.

Quote:

Yup, that's it. You've captured the essence of people's mindset about franchise immersion perfectly!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #45
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

It's not about being fake.

It's about using twitter feeds to announce trades and rumours within the franchise to make it more realistic. You know? Like the fictional newspapers that report on fictional games within the fictional season of franchise mode.

Some people were guessing that was what the twitter thing would be and are a little disappointed its not. That's not to say SCEA aren't implementing something else instead of the FICTIONAL newspaper to report news. That's all.

And no one is crying jeesh how old are you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #46
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
The point of it would be to provide info for your franchise. What real players tweet have nothing to do with the video game. And if you really want to know what players tweet you can just follow them on the real twitter.

I don't understand peoples response to people wanting fake tweets. It's a fake franchise in the first place...
You know what? Youre absolutely right. It is a fake Franchise. But thats not what this is about.
This is about integrating MLB social media into an MLB game. This is not about Franchise or RTTS or DD. Its about getting "in touch" with the players as if you were in their inner circle. Sure I can go to Twitter, but why when I can play the game and read Twitter all at the same time?
Its just another chapter into the integration of life and information.

Im just surprised at the people who hate it. If you hate it, dont use it. That simple.

Quote:
It's not about being fake.

It's about using twitter feeds to announce trades and rumours within the franchise to make it more realistic. You know? Like the fictional newspapers that report on fictional games within the fictional season of franchise mode.

Some people were guessing that was what the twitter thing would be and are a little disappointed its not. That's not to say SCEA aren't implementing something else instead of the FICTIONAL newspaper to report news. That's all.

And no one is crying jeesh how old are you?
I never read those papers, because they were fake and I didnt care. I just played the game, I know what happened. And thats what you guys get for guessing and not waiting for solid info.

And Yeah! There are some people crying... actually a lot it seems on these threads.
But that will never stop, so, oh well.

Last edited by Curahee; 01-30-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #47
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Why be so condescending?

To some people tweets within the franchise announcing trades, rumours etc would be a nice way to immerse yourself into the FAKE MLB franchise you are running.

Real tweets are all very good but most people with half an interest in baseball follow players etc on twitter anyway.
Nothing condescending. all i'm saying is some of you will never be happy and you guys are all m ad cause the feature wasn't what you guys all hyped it up to be (when we had little to no info on it). SCEA gave us an inch, but most of you want a mile. It's already been stated that in replace of the newspaper they added more MLB.com content. Time to move on and keep your hopes up for next year.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #48
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Nothing condescending. all i'm saying is some of you will never be happy and you guys are all m ad cause the feature wasn't what you guys all hyped it up to be (when we had little to no info on it). SCEA gave us an inch, but most of you want a mile. It's already been stated that in replace of the newspaper they added more MLB.com content. Time to move on and keep your hopes up for next year.
I give up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »