Home

MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #49
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Dev Journal: Twitter in The Show

Why is it that because people are "disappointed" about something it means they are either mad or crying? It's natural that people will speculate on what items on the fact sheet are going to be until there is more info on them.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #50
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

Tweetin' ain't for me, but I'm still glad it's been added to '13
because there are a lot of fans that do follow players tweets.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #51
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Is twitter in franchise or is twitter a feature in the opening menus? If its not actually in your franchise than it shouldnt be fake. If you can connect to a menu that gives you a twitter feed along with other info for that player that has to be real.

I think, I may be wrong and will be told so if I am, but its probably more linked to Show Live and not each individual franchise. They have a new partnership with mlb.com, Im sure they want their content promoted a little bit more here.

It may some day be a feature to create a story lined or tailored series of "fake" messages in the future as many of you describe. And as far as people already follow these players, cool, it means you have an interest in this tyoe of media and now dont have to pause the game to see why your twitter just blew up because Alex Anthopolus just traded his prospects for the other half of the marlins.

Something id be interested in is, if you can have a custom list of other people to follow, such as scouts or Kenny Ken Ken and KLaw. That way you see reaction as well to what MLB Live is maybe going to drive towards (like tracking your results of MLB Live in something similar to a offline franchise)

When something goes down on twitter and I now see it right way or Im more likely to see a storyline start to play out, I will get to join in that fun in MLB Live and have those one-off classic match ups and you can play as any team. I dont follow every team that only has sometimes 1 or less players I care about, I stick to my team, my division and a handful of individuals..this lets me know Logan Morrison has something to say or RA Dickey just kicked *** again off the field and I want to pitch his next inspired outing.

Real life that builds real, out of this world drama and excitement. Milestones that are reached, records that are broken, tied or spirit crushingly failed will play out by the original content that is mlb players on twitter.

I also see the appeal in premade tweets for a fictitious franchise as I like playing with a fictional roster
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #52
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Nothing condescending. all i'm saying is some of you will never be happy and you guys are all m ad cause the feature wasn't what you guys all hyped it up to be (when we had little to no info on it). SCEA gave us an inch, but most of you want a mile. It's already been stated that in replace of the newspaper they added more MLB.com content. Time to move on and keep your hopes up for next year.
Has it been said how the MLB.com content will work in franchise in detail? I thought the idea of generated newspapers, or twitter as some people want, would be so you could have players on different teams but still have some sort of update type content in the mode.

Like Lincecum took the Rays to victory last night...blah blah. If you were playing as the Rays in franchise and traded for Lincecum

Or is the whole idea of franchise updates (media stuff) been completely removed. And the MLB.com content is meant as a news feed for the real MLB. That was what I had assumed. Sorry if this has already been said, just haven't followed the twitter or MLB.com feature that much as I have MLB news outside the game so don't see myself using them.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #53
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Why is it that because people are "disappointed" about something it means they are either mad or crying? It's natural that people will speculate on what items on the fact sheet are going to be until there is more info on them.
That's exactly my point "SPECULATION" is what drove you to disappointment. I agree it is natural for people to speculate on features I'm not denying that, but look at the first page in this thread everyone is disappointed etc...........speculation only gets you so far. I get that people want the twitter intergrated in Franchise mode, but what I'm saying is before we had this info today everyone speculated this was a franchise feature and when the info drops that it is not everyone gets up in arms about it. No one to blame but themselves. How's the saying go..........assuming makes an A** out of you and me both.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #54
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

lol makes sense to me they only had everyone tweet these same players for the MLB Cover. Comes full circle in SCEA's partnership with twitter and MLB
Old 01-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #55
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Has it been said how the MLB.com content will work in franchise in detail? I thought the idea of generated newspapers, or twitter as some people want, would be so you could have players on different teams but still have some sort of update type content in the mode.

Like Lincecum took the Rays to victory last night...blah blah. If you were playing as the Rays in franchise and traded for Lincecum

Or is the whole idea of franchise updates (media stuff) been completely removed. And the MLB.com content is meant as a news feed for the real MLB. That was what I had assumed.
Go look in the CD franchise thread. Some of the info has already been given to us by Knight and Co. One of them stated that there is a ticker that scrolls across the bottom in the franchise menu that gives u scores/states/updates on call ups/send downs/ trades etc...........that's just part of it from what I've read.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #56
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
That's exactly my point "SPECULATION" is what drove you to disappointment. I agree it is natural for people to speculate on features I'm not denying that, but look at the first page in this thread everyone is disappointed etc...........speculation only gets you so far. I get that people want the twitter intergrated in Franchise mode, but what I'm saying is before we had this info today everyone speculated this was a franchise feature and when the info drops that it is not everyone gets up in arms about it. No one to blame but themselves. How's the saying go..........assuming makes an A** out of you and me both.
Funny how most of your responses to everyone come off really condescending and defensive...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »