Home

MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #33
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Dev Journal: Twitter in The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
Or maybe it just shows that they added something that no one really asked for and could of implemented it in a way that would of made people happier. Kind of like the mascot games in NCAA Football. If it is in RTTS or Franchise awesome, but I doubt many people are actually going to care about this feature. If people do like this, then good for the developers
The problem was everyone or most of the people on here jumped the gun and assumed (as soon as they saw the words Twitter in the Show) that it would be the same as Madden. Only problem with that was there was no info on the feature really up until today so instead of actually waiting for the info to drop everyone put in their 2 cents and made assumptions that it would be like Madden. Now everyone is disappointed it didn't turn out that way. Shouldn't have had high hopes and should have waited for the info first, before jumping the gun on that one.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kursekain
Why would anyone want to read fake made up tweets anyway? During a 162 game season this would become immediately irrelevant!
I could care less about made up player tweets. I was hoping for basically the replacement of the newspaper. It would be great to have a twitter feed of different media personalities right on the franchise home page. They could provide info on prospects, game recaps, milestones, trade rumors, etc.

The info of what's replacing the newspaper hasn't been released yet so I am still hopeful there is something that will provide quality content.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #35
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't really care for the 2k type twitter feed, but it would have been cool to see a tweet from Kenny Rosenthal or John Paul Morosi saying a blockbuster trade was about to go down while playing franchise or RTTS.

Either way I never even thought about the possibilities of Twitter in the show when I first saw it anyways, hence the reason I'm not disappointed, and this feature is cool anyways.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #36
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

OK, wait! Im missing something here, because I dont have Madden.

Are some of you guys saying that you wish this Twitter thing was like Madden where they create fake Tweets to announce trades?
And are not happy that MLB13 is going to display actual real-time Tweets by actual MLB players?

Am I reading this right?

Last edited by Curahee; 01-30-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #37
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
OK, wait! Im missing something here, because I dont have Madden.

Are some of you guys saying that you wish this Twitter thing was like Madden where they create fake Tweets to announce trades?
And are not happy that MLB13 is going to display actual real=time Tweets by actual MLB players?

Am I reading this right?
DING DING DING.........we have a winner. They are also mad that it doesn't work like madden where it announces trades and moves etc......

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 01-30-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #38
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

I think this could be really cool for MLB Live, a big trade and the player tweets about it, then you go play with him on the new team for the first time. The whole thing between Harper and Hamels, if that type of thing is mentioned you may want to play that game in Live that little bit more..
Old 01-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #39
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
DING DING DING.........we have a winner. They are also mad that it doesn't work like madden where it announces trades and moves etc......
Why be so condescending?

To some people tweets within the franchise announcing trades, rumours etc would be a nice way to immerse yourself into the FAKE MLB franchise you are running.

Real tweets are all very good but most people with half an interest in baseball follow players etc on twitter anyway.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #40
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

I like the idea of adding this in. I don't follow any MLB players myself, but it makes sense with the show live being added in this year. I am curious though if the twitter screen is a new panel on the player card or is it something you need to bring up manually? From the screenshot it looks like it is a new panel on the card.

edit: pretty sure its a new panel on the card after looking at the screenshot. You can see the rotation in the background and the L1/R1 on the player card.
Spoiler

Also will this include non-english speaking MLB players? Someone like Miguel Cabrera has a mix, but the majority are not english at all. Will these be incorporated as well if its an approved twitter handle? https://twitter.com/MiguelCabrera

Last edited by MrOldboy; 01-30-2013 at 05:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »