Home

MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2016, 10:47 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Left Shark
Imagine a deal for Chris Sale of the White Sox. Or Jose Quintana. Both have two of the best deals in the game and their stats back that up.

Carrasco only makes 4.5 Mil in 2016 and 6.5 Mili in 2017, never makes more than 9.5 Mil in a season and that's with an fip, xfip, k rate that would put him all in the top 10 in baseball in his last 40 starts (since his career turn around)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2016, 11:05 PM   #82
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Also, Carrasco's elbow action doesn't make me want to throw up every time I watch him. Sorry Sale.

Los del C takes it by a hair.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:07 PM   #83
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoFranc
The thing about trading for Carrasco is its probably only going to happen with a deal that's going to sting. On the outside he is like an elite #2, probably would be a good #1 on some teams, he's elite at getting swing and misses and his advanced stats show if he would have had an average defense in front of him the last 2 years he would probably be putting up ace level stats (era whip etc)

On the inside though on why he would be so expensive in a trade is that the Indians want to keep a sub 100 Mil budget, that's just who they are under Dolan, Carrasco pitches the way he does with a contract that's not only locked up for 5 more years, but he's getting paid like what #3 and #4s are getting around the league, he's on an absolute sweetheart contract and that has an incredible amount of value to the Indians, almost as much as his actual on field talent and production.

At least on the Cleveland side of things I know when it was rumored the blue Jay's asked about Carrasco the Indians asked for something like 3 of their top 4 prospect when the Jay's still had Norris and such.

I also remember when the cubs and Indians were talking the Cubs wanted Carrasco and the Indians were asking for Schwarber + and some even said Schwarber + +.

So just something to keep in mind because looking in the last week through that thread alot Carrasco seemed like the guy most people were interested from the Indians. Not trying to discourage people however just going out some things to think about when trying to trade for Carrasco.

I don't know how they rate untouchable players in the trade chart but he should probably be on it if not close to it because he's now pitched at a high level for 2 years and has been healthy on top of it.
Oh yeah, of course. I know it's going to hurt. There's a lot I would give up for Carrasco.

The only thing I wouldn't give up in any deal would be Mookie, just because I think at that point, it doesn't just sting, it's just not worth it with the kind of player he's proven he can be. I would move Moncada as much as I love him. I'd move Benintendi. I would probably move both and Devers to get Carrasco, because of what he represents as a player, a young lite-ace, who could make the jump to full blown ace, with a good amount of control left.

He's the type of player who I think the Sox need, and one who fits within our overall goal as a franchise.

Pairing him with Price at the front eliminates so many concerns. If you get a Carrasco, I probably try to move Joe Kelly or even E-Rod to get a prospect or two back. I understand they wouldn't be top tier guys, but guys who would at least help replenish the system a bit.

I don't want it to look like I wouldn't give up anything for him. In reality, I'm willing to move anything, provided the player either isn't on our MLB roster and a part of the "DO NOT TOUCH" core.

Beyond Carrasco, I can't think of any #1/2 guys who are readily available that I'd want. I am not a believer in Tyson Ross, and I think he'd cost too much to be worth it.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:24 AM   #84
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

The Indians asked for Marcus Stroman. Not Norris+Hoffman+Pompey. I'd say Stroman is more expensive.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:45 AM   #85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
The Indians asked for Marcus Stroman. Not Norris+Hoffman+Pompey. I'd say Stroman is more expensive.
Like I said from the Indians side it was reported as the top 3 or 4 prospects because I remember fans bringing up scouting reports in Norris and Pompey
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 07:39 PM   #86
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoFranc
Like I said from the Indians side it was reported as the top 3 or 4 prospects because I remember fans bringing up scouting reports in Norris and Pompey
I swear Bastian reported Stroman. Either way, that was reported at some point and was a real offer.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:57 PM   #87
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

The New York Mets have offered me Derek Norris (C) straight up for Prince Fielder (1B). I'm looking to shed Prince's contract and would love to upgrade at catcher simultaneously. How bad is this deal?

Also, I've already dealt Shin Soo Choo upright to the Yankees for Beltran's expiring contract and a mid level prospect.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:27 PM   #88
Rookie

nyqu1st's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
The New York Mets have offered me Derek Norris (C) straight up for Prince Fielder (1B). I'm looking to shed Prince's contract and would love to upgrade at catcher simultaneously. How bad is this deal?

Also, I've already dealt Shin Soo Choo upright to the Yankees for Beltran's expiring contract and a mid level prospect.
Prince played good ball last season but doesn't live up to the contract unless he's playing for a big market team who can afford to take the cap hit. The Padre's don't really fit the bill and also it doesn't fall under their window of contention to take on an aging and pricey Fielder's contract.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »