Home

MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2016, 05:50 PM   #73
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: MLB 16 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoFranc
So who's a stable first baseman I could get to the Indians? Would like someone who can do everything well but doesn't have to be a super star, would like to avoid trading Naquin/Zimmer, Frazier or Aiken. Would like to try to do a straight player swap with Santana and a smaller add on my side
The Cubs have a minor league 1B, Dan Vogelbach. No way he's gonna bump out Rizzo anytime soon. Built like Kyle Schwarber, has some pop and won't kill you on defense. Only 23 yrs old, Won't have to give up top players for him.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 03-28-2016, 06:13 PM   #74
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

One of Adams or Moss is gone considering Holliday plays 1B now, probably Adams. There's Jon Singleton. One of Alonso/Canha. Think the Rangers might deal Moreland soon. Rays would deal Loney or LoMo.

Shame you're using the Indians, I could really see CarGo getting traded and playing some 1B. He wouldn't be particularly valuable but eh.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:44 PM   #75
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

What is Matt Adams value at this point? C prospects/reliever?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2016, 07:26 PM   #76
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
What is Matt Adams value at this point? C prospects/reliever?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
I can see the Angels ending up with him once they realize Cron sucks for, like, Shoemaker or some depth like that.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:08 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 0

Also what's the value for a good BP arm? Not elite but say a shutdown 7th inning/back up 8th type of guy, not a closer or top set up but important piece etc you get what I'm saying. I dont follow other teams BPs too much so I can't pick out examples
Old 03-28-2016, 08:16 PM   #78
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyme3
With regards to Carrasco, I'd deal from any prospects in the system, provided it was a reasonable cost.

As for Panda, I'd be fine with just about any contract swap provided it is over a shorter period of time, it's the length that kills me more than anything, I'd prefer to get back a pitcher if we're talking bad contracts, but my overall preference would be to just outright dump him, even if it costs a prospect or two to ditch him. Normally I wouldn't ditch a prospect just to be rid of a player, but I never wanted him to begin with.
I don't think the RSox can get Carrasco without Betts. Contract is too valuable plus his actual on field talent. As for prospects type of deal you are probably looking at something like Moncada/Devers. + Benintendi + Espiona + Kopech. In a prospects for Carrasco deal your farm system would get raped
Old 03-28-2016, 08:44 PM   #79
Banned

The thing about trading for Carrasco is its probably only going to happen with a deal that's going to sting. On the outside he is like an elite #2, probably would be a good #1 on some teams, he's elite at getting swing and misses and his advanced stats show if he would have had an average defense in front of him the last 2 years he would probably be putting up ace level stats (era whip etc)

On the inside though on why he would be so expensive in a trade is that the Indians want to keep a sub 100 Mil budget, that's just who they are under Dolan, Carrasco pitches the way he does with a contract that's not only locked up for 5 more years, but he's getting paid like what #3 and #4s are getting around the league, he's on an absolute sweetheart contract and that has an incredible amount of value to the Indians, almost as much as his actual on field talent and production.

At least on the Cleveland side of things I know when it was rumored the blue Jay's asked about Carrasco the Indians asked for something like 3 of their top 4 prospect when the Jay's still had Norris and such.

I also remember when the cubs and Indians were talking the Cubs wanted Carrasco and the Indians were asking for Schwarber + and some even said Schwarber + +.

So just something to keep in mind because looking in the last week through that thread alot Carrasco seemed like the guy most people were interested from the Indians. Not trying to discourage people however just going out some things to think about when trying to trade for Carrasco.

I don't know how they rate untouchable players in the trade chart but he should probably be on it if not close to it because he's now pitched at a high level for 2 years and has been healthy on top of it.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:15 PM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoFranc
I don't think the RSox can get Carrasco without Betts. Contract is too valuable plus his actual on field talent. As for prospects type of deal you are probably looking at something like Moncada/Devers. + Benintendi + Espiona + Kopech. In a prospects for Carrasco deal your farm system would get raped
Imagine a deal for Chris Sale of the White Sox. Or Jose Quintana. Both have two of the best deals in the game and their stats back that up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »