Home

Hitting after Lastest Patch

This is a discussion on Hitting after Lastest Patch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2017, 07:44 PM   #17
Rookie

thekidisback's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Hitting after Lastest Patch

I am almost done with beating all teams on Veteran and my first game after the latest patch against the Dodgers was a 10 inning game that saw me win 2-1. No home runs or even balls hit to the warning track and I have plenty of sluggers in my lineup. All runs scored on doubles or singles.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:29 AM   #18
Pro

shark547's Arena

I am having some issues with the opponents batting. Usually on veteran I hardly ever give up anything. Since the patch Kimbrel is hard to get through a save without at least a baserunner. Anybody else seeing that?
Old 06-30-2017, 05:30 AM   #19
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

I feel like now after the last patch my hitting has worsen. I'm not hitting homers or just getting hits. I been shut out twice already and only was able to get 3 hits in combine two games
Old 06-30-2017, 03:50 PM   #20
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I've hit one single HR in my franchise since the patch. When the commentators talk about each team near the start of each game, Pleasac even flat out said that my team's "power has disappeared". The team was #1 in the NL in HR. I'm now 3rd and falling.

It's a fantasy drafted franchise with Miggy, Nelson Cruz, Tulo, Beltre, and even Big Papi off the bench to pinch hit, so there was plenty of power before they changed the hitting.

I use All Star with Power +1 and Solid Hits +1. Still getting a realistic amount of hits, but the HR have all but disappeared accross the board. I would be fine with it if my guys were just slumping, but the middle of my order all currently have the fire symbol next to them on the lineup and still can't hit it out if the park. Might have to bump Power up another notch.

Last edited by jeffy777; 06-30-2017 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:29 PM   #21
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
I've hit one single HR in my franchise since the patch. When the commentators talk about each team near the start of each game, Pleasac even flat out said that my team's "power has disappeared". The team was #1 in the NL in HR. I'm now 3rd and falling.

It's a fantasy drafted franchise with Miggy, Nelson Cruz, Tulo, Beltre, and even Big Papi off the bench to pinch hit, so there was plenty of power before they changed the hitting.

I use All Star with Power +1 and Solid Hits +2. Still getting a realistic amount of hits, but the HR have all but disappeared accross the board. I would be fine with it if my guys were just slumping, but the middle of my order all currently have the fire symbol next to them on the lineup and still can't hit it out if the park. Might have to bump Power up another notch.

Have you noticed the power outage with the CPU as well?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2017, 04:31 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777

I use All Star with Power +1 and Solid Hits +2. Still getting a realistic amount of hits, but the HR have all but disappeared accross the board. I would be fine with it if my guys were just slumping, but the middle of my order all currently have the fire symbol next to them on the lineup and still can't hit it out if the park. Might have to bump Power up another notch.

I feel u on the lack of power I'm getting tons of hits but can't even hit one to the warning track...I've hit two home run in my last 10 games lol even dropped down to Veteran difficulty always played on All Star for hitting...these are sliders I've been playing on

Con -7
Pow - 5
Solid Hits - 5
Old 06-30-2017, 06:05 PM   #23
Rookie

thekidisback's Arena

I have played 2 more games in DD since the patch and I have done a lot better. Hit 5 home runs over those 2 games.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:11 PM   #24
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm seeing better results after bumping Solid Hits up to +2.

edit:

Might be overkill though. Just hit 3 HR in one game with Rajai Davis. Maybe Power +2 and Solid Hits +1 would be better than vise versa. I'll have to do more testing.

Last edited by jeffy777; 06-30-2017 at 09:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »