Home

Hitting after Lastest Patch

This is a discussion on Hitting after Lastest Patch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-28-2017, 12:26 AM   #97
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Hitting after Lastest Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
You guys have tried bumping up the Solid Hits slider, right? It really does make a huge difference and saved hitting for me.
No I have not, by how much did you bump it?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2017, 12:29 AM   #98
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
No I have not, by how much did you bump it?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Start with just bumping it 1 notch and if you're still frustrated with too many lazy flys than go 2. I found 1 to be the sweet spot for the most part, but sometimes I'll bump it to 2 if I'm scuffling. Trust me though, it makes a HUGE difference and is the best slider to bump if you're struggling with too much weak contact. The actual Contact slider isn't what you want to mess with since that will only make it easier to get the bat on the ball, and may actually increase lazy flys since you're putting more balls into play that otherwise would've been a swing and miss or a foul. The Solid Hits slider on the other hand will increase the quality of your hits and help you to drive the ball more consistently, which will also lead to more HR (which is why you don't really need to increase the Power slider either).

The bottom line is this one tweak alone made the game feel right again after the patches for me.

Hope this helps others as well.

Last edited by jeffy777; 07-28-2017 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:45 AM   #99
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Start with just bumping it 1 notch and if you're still frustrated with too many lazy flys than go 2. I found 1 to be the sweet spot for the most part, but sometimes I'll bump it to 2 if I'm scuffling. Trust me though, it makes a HUGE difference and is the best slider to bump if you're struggling with too much weak contact. The actual Contact slider isn't what you want to mess with since that will only make it easier to get the bat on the ball, and may actually increase lazy flys since you're putting more balls into play that otherwise would've been a swing and miss or a foul. The Solid Hits slider on the other hand will increase the quality of your hits and help you to drive the ball more consistently, which will also lead to more HR (which is why you don't really need to increase the Power slider either).

The bottom line is this one tweak alone made the game feel right again after the patches for me.

Life saver bro! I just bumped it one notch and Now hitting is back to normal played about 7 games. Scored 8,4,7,5,2,8, and 3 runs. Many hits at least 10 hrs. Amazing just bumping that 1 notch changes the whole game. Thanks man, I was finally able to smash pitches I sat on in Zone, felt sooo good again! I missed some but thats baseball.

Last edited by sooner1; 07-28-2017 at 06:47 AM.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:30 AM   #100
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Did you bump Cpu solid hits, as well? Or, just leave it as is?
Old 07-28-2017, 09:33 AM   #101
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
Don't know about jeffy, but I certainly did. Makes pitching way more intense and fun (IMO) since you actually fear the zone. Makes it so I give up walks without having to mess with pitcher consistency and control, and I personally find that less frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 11:13 AM   #102
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

OVR: 0

After reading all the complaints about hitting i reload the game after around one month with those settings: Legend Pitching, HOF zone hitting, default sliders. I close the application after four HR's in the same inning. Also, i see all the old problems ( Gold Gloves infielders with zero stats impact and a lot of graphical glitches ). Finally i deleted the game, after a lot of wasted time spent trying sliders and different settings. This is my last MLB The Show. Goodbye to everybody and thanks for the good time. Peace.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:25 PM   #103
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
Life saver bro! I just bumped it one notch and Now hitting is back to normal played about 7 games. Scored 8,4,7,5,2,8, and 3 runs. Many hits at least 10 hrs. Amazing just bumping that 1 notch changes the whole game. Thanks man, I was finally able to smash pitches I sat on in Zone, felt sooo good again! I missed some but thats baseball.
Glad to hear it!
Old 07-28-2017, 01:29 PM   #104
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Don't know about jeffy, but I certainly did. Makes pitching way more intense and fun (IMO) since you actually fear the zone. Makes it so I give up walks without having to mess with pitcher consistency and control, and I personally find that less frustrating.
For now I just have CPU Power + 1 since it seems I give up a fair amount of hits on HOF pitching, but the CPU struggles with knocking it out if the park. I might try it out though as it would make it much more challenging and fun as TWW said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »