Home

NBA 2K24 MyPlayer Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 MyPlayer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2023, 09:04 AM   #65
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 MyPlayer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezDaLegend
Hey I was wondering if anyone found a way to kind of combat the use of ACE for rotations? I'm on the Nets and they are a very fun team to play with if you want to be the superstar. They have so much depth! You get a nice sidekick in Bridges, defense from guys like Simmons, Claxton, O'Neale, Finney-Smith, and even Darius Bazley if you choose to play him. And though they can be inconsistent, it's nice to have guys like Dinwiddie, Cam Johnson, and Cam Thomas who don't mind shooting.

The thing is, unlike the last few 2Ks, I'm having trouble truly maximizing this depth because of the new ACE substitutions. Mikal Bridges plays 40+ minutes almost every game even though I have him set to 33. It takes away extra minutes that could have went to Cam Thomas, for example. So I'm just wondering if anyone has found a way to tweak their rotations enough to "trick" the AI to playing other guys more minutes or if I'm just doomed lol
Have Luka set at 34 and that's about where he's at.

I've noticed the only time guys play stupid minutes like that is when I don't have a legit backup for that position. So, rn Luka doesn't have a legit PG as a backup. Jaden Hardy is SG/PG so he can run the PG but he's gotta be set as the 6th man to really eat into Lukas minutes.

For example last season we still had Seth Curry who is PG/SG. I would rather him play off ball, but if he's me only PG I have to put him as 6th man in order to get Luka to sub properly.

In blowouts it's not that big of a deal. But I don't like him playing the whole first 2 quarters.

So the player you want to lessen his minutes needs the backup to be the 6th man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2023, 10:43 AM   #66
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Honestly, I have a character with 85 perimeter and I don't notice a difference at all between that and 76 for Bronze defensive badges. Steal badges is 72 for bronze and all those badges are just fine for career. I average 1 steal and almost 2 blocks at the SF with 70 ratings.

As a PF or SF for career purposes you'd be much better off throwing those points into passing and ball handling. One thing I've noticed is the 70 passer rating opens up so many pass animations. I throw oops off the glass and flashy passes, where as a 69 or lower all passes feel really slow.

Break starter bronze, flashy bronze, dimer bronze, I'm leading the league in assists as the 3 and I don't handle the ball, Luka does.

The system I built for the Mavs puts me in that Kyle Korver, Joe Ingles role where I'm spot up, but I'm swing and lob thrower.
One potential flaw I'm running into it, is that making a build built around specific badges and badge levels without really playing it. Where I would've been okay with with 80 3pt and sacrificing FT, since I'm not really going to be a driver. But, I wanted to get specific badges at Gold or Silver.

I have Pass Acc at 77, so that should allow for most of the key passing badges at Bronze. I have Ball Handle and Speed with Ball at the minimum for some Bronze badges. I'm able to get Ankle Breaker, Blow By, Break Starter, needle Threader, Touch Passer, and Triple Strike all at Bronze. I can get Dimer, Post Playmaker, Physical Handles,Relay passer, Special Delivery at Silver. So, I like those badges. My Ball Handle is at 67, if I can find something to sacrifice to get to 70, I can get Unpluckable and Handles for Days at Bronze. Looking at my build, I can drop my Mid Range from 75 to 72 and I'll still get Middy Magician at Silver, especially since I'll be a low volume mid range shooter. There are a few ratings I went over a few, where I could meet the min threshold for Bronze badges, so that can get a few more bronze badges at other places.

Last edited by illwill10; 11-19-2023 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-19-2023, 11:17 AM   #67
Just started!

DezDaLegend's Arena

Quote:
Have Luka set at 34 and that's about where he's at.

I've noticed the only time guys play stupid minutes like that is when I don't have a legit backup for that position. So, rn Luka doesn't have a legit PG as a backup. Jaden Hardy is SG/PG so he can run the PG but he's gotta be set as the 6th man to really eat into Lukas minutes.

For example last season we still had Seth Curry who is PG/SG. I would rather him play off ball, but if he's me only PG I have to put him as 6th man in order to get Luka to sub properly.

In blowouts it's not that big of a deal. But I don't like him playing the whole first 2 quarters.

So the player you want to lessen his minutes needs the backup to be the 6th man.
Ahhh I see, that makes sense man thank you! I knew there had to be a way to kind of work around ACE. I usually run Dinwiddie as our 6th so he can still get a nice amount of minutes, but I'll try putting Cam as the 6th and see how that changes things. I like playing good team basketball and letting everybody eat, but not being able to change the subs from ACE to rotation has made that a bit harder this year.
Old 11-19-2023, 12:15 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
One potential flaw I'm running into it, is that making a build built around specific badges and badge levels without really playing it. Where I would've been okay with with 80 3pt and sacrificing FT, since I'm not really going to be a driver. But, I wanted to get specific badges at Gold or Silver.

I have Pass Acc at 77, so that should allow for most of the key passing badges at Bronze. I have Ball Handle and Speed with Ball at the minimum for some Bronze badges. I'm able to get Ankle Breaker, Blow By, Break Starter, needle Threader, Touch Passer, and Triple Strike all at Bronze. I can get Dimer, Post Playmaker, Physical Handles,Relay passer, Special Delivery at Silver. So, I like those badges. My Ball Handle is at 67, if I can find something to sacrifice to get to 70, I can get Unpluckable and Handles for Days at Bronze. Looking at my build, I can drop my Mid Range from 75 to 72 and I'll still get Middy Magician at Silver, especially since I'll be a low volume mid range shooter. There are a few ratings I went over a few, where I could meet the min threshold for Bronze badges, so that can get a few more bronze badges at other places.
Oh yeah... bronze is where it's at this year I feel. With them putting HOF badges at 99 it makes the amount of OVERALL badges actually more valuable.

I have a toon at 70 ball handle and I definitely would have put that up more. Right now at 6'8 I have an 80 ball handle, 75 SWB and 75 acceleration. Feels right about perfect for someone who doesn't over dribble. I've got enough burst to run the point, but I'd rather sit and space and let Luka and Kyrie eat. When I was at the 4 spacing seemed way better and I'm working my way up to play the 4 almost exclusively but Im torn between letting my PFs get their minutes and just totally taking over that job.

I really like how my superstars can play well.
Old 11-19-2023, 01:16 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Oh yeah... bronze is where it's at this year I feel. With them putting HOF badges at 99 it makes the amount of OVERALL badges actually more valuable.

I have a toon at 70 ball handle and I definitely would have put that up more. Right now at 6'8 I have an 80 ball handle, 75 SWB and 75 acceleration. Feels right about perfect for someone who doesn't over dribble. I've got enough burst to run the point, but I'd rather sit and space and let Luka and Kyrie eat. When I was at the 4 spacing seemed way better and I'm working my way up to play the 4 almost exclusively but Im torn between letting my PFs get their minutes and just totally taking over that job.

I really like how my superstars can play well.
I definitely want to bump up Ball Handle and SWB. For me to really do that, I'm going to have to sacrifice some of my Gold Defensive badges. Besides that, it's just decreasing Mid Range down to 72 and FT and Driving Layup down 1 attribute, and that's not enough. I can definitely probably sacrifice Stamina from 95 to 92, I can live with Silver Workhorse compared to Gold. Another Gold Badge I could sacrifice is Gold Boxout beast. My PF is 6'7 with 70 Vert, but with Silver Rebound Chaser should help. I would just need to drop Def Rebound from 85 to 83. I think I could do well with just Silver Boxout Beast. But I want to keep my Gold Clamps, Pick Dodger, and Fast Feet, so I have to keep Per D at 93. I want to at least be able to to get Bronze Unpluckable. I'm okay with Finishing being my weak point of build and relying on Bronze badges. I kind of want to drop my FT some, since I won't be driving much. But, I want Silver Free Points.

I'm glad to hear that AI superstars play well. That's why I chose the Pacers to play with Haliburton. I made sure to get Silver Brick Wall. That should create a lot of open looks. One thing i always look forward to is changing playbook and reassigning Plays. Main two Play Priorities will be 3pt and Pick And Pop. Don't know about assigning PnR Roller or Cuttting since I can't finish at a high rate, but I'll toy around with it. I might assign High Post Up plays. I didn't touch Post Control at all. But with Silver Post Playmaker, I do want to take advantage of that by getting assists off of Post up plays. Also my player should have Bronze Backdown Punisher and high strength, so I want to take advantage of weak matchups.

I went in and made changes to my build. I went down to 72 Mid Range to maintain Silver Middy Magician, down to 83 Def Reb to maintain Silver Boxout Beast, and Layup down to 644to maintain Bronze Acrobat. I was able to get Driving Dunk to 75 to get Silver Aerial Wizard. I got Ball Handle to 70 to get Bronze Unpluckable and Handles for Days. I did sacrifice Speed down from 75 to 71 to get Perimeter D from 93-94. That gets me HOF Ankle Braces, Challenger, Workhorse, 94 Feet, Fast Feet, Off Ball Pest. Defense will obviously be calling card. I'm hoping that some of those HoF defensive badges and 84 strength makes up for the loss of Speed. I have to actually test the build, but I like the look of the build so far. My build gets a lot of badges at least Bronze. There are only 11 badges my build doesn't get and most of those are Finishing(mostly Post) and dribbling badges.

Last edited by illwill10; 11-19-2023 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-20-2023, 02:25 PM   #70
MVP

Year 2 of my SF. I built him as an all-around player. Decent on defense, 87 driving dunk, 88 layup (maxed, I'm at a 70 right now). I built him inside out so I dunked all over the league last year but am trying to round out my shooting in year 2.

Averaged 24-7-7 my rookie year. Won Finals MVP, ROTY, but didn't win MVP.

Apparently if you get all 4, a 40 win game streak in your rookie year you should be able to influence free Agency. I fast forwarded most of my rookie year to try for Steven Adams as a trade request but didn't get him.

We did sign Obi Toppin as a FA. Took me a while but I eventually started him over Olivier-Maxence Prosper. He was a paltry 10ppg off the bench and couldn't hit the broad side of the barn. Now, in year 2 after this past 30 game streak and 20 games into the starting lineup I've almost got him to about 16ppg on great splits.

Basically, I start the game with a few lobs to Toppin and give me a little cushion to let Luka and Kyrie get their first few shots. Coach puts me on the bench with about 4 to go in the 1st and Hardaway comes in. Kyrie and I will ride out the 1st while Luka gets a few more looks. Beginning of the second Kyrie gets about 6 minutes to do his thing with the bench unit and Luka and I will come in round about the 5 minute mark left in the half. Usually we're up a few more and we push it to 25 by the half.

Really love my rotations right now.

Luka
Kyrie
Me
Toppin
Lively

Really fun lineup. THJ as 6th, Hardy as 7th with Holmes as my backup C and Grant Williams taking the last 10th man spot. I would love if the GM traded Williams and THJ for another PG but ahhh well.
Old 11-20-2023, 06:44 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I did three test MP Builder games. I like the build. Since my build is primarily a lockdown, I wanted to choose tough matchups at PF. I had to sacrifice Speed to get Perimeter D to 94 to get HOF badges. It was worth it. I choose Pacers as my team. I played against 3 different types of PFs. I played against Celtics(Tatum), Bucks(Giannis), and Pelicans(Zion) and won each game. I handled all three matchups very well. Toughest matchup was Tatum I guess. It was more staying attached and focused on the off ball movement. But if I contested his shot with HOF Challenger, he's falling and likely missing. Giannis and Zion were actually easier matchups. Having 84 strength and badges like Silver Immovable Force and Bronze Anchor, and Post Lockdown, they couldn't just bully me on drives and backdowns. Zion backed me down in the low post three, but each time, he faced up and I blocked his shot with just hands up D. I even him fatigued in the third quarter. Having 94 Feet at HoF does make a difference. When Giannis tried to bring the ball up and I pressured, he had to pass the ball behind backcourt. Only time, they really scored on me is when I was undisciplined on Off Ball, especially on backdoor cuts off screens. But I have HOF Off Ball Pest, so that incentivizes me to bump and initiate contact off ball. I really like the gameplay. I usually create 3 and D types of builds, but this is the probably the first time I truly felt like a lockdown defender. In the past, I relied heavily on Intimidator badge on defense because that's the only way I could play good defense. But so far after a few Builder test games, I can shut down star players even with just 71 speed and 77 Accel . Where, I should comfortable putting myself on the best offensive player. They played me some at small ball 5 at 6'7. If I could withstand Zion backdowns, I should be able to handle some centers.

Offensively, having Silver Brickwall made a huge difference. Since they don't show playart, I just set a ton of picks on ball and off ball. With Silver Brick Wall, that creates a lot of space for open looks. Playing on the Pacers, Hield and Haliburton they were hitting the open looks. Or it created easier driving lanes, which led Haliburton and Mathurin to higher % finishes around basket or forced defense to AI and led to kickouts to open threes. Having Silver Rebound Chaser was also a good badge to have at 6'7. I was still dominating the boards. Even at 69 Off Reb, I can still get them if I can get myself into position. Which led to quick hustle points. Having Bronze Whistle and 83 FT, I could still drive and hit FTs. Having the Silver Post Playmaker, Bronze Dimer, Touch Passer, and needle Threader combo, did help. In the game against Boston, I had 3 assists off of Post ups. So when I'm able to adjust playbooks, I have to give myself some of those Jokic/Sabonis sets where I'm the offensive hub. But, I definitely have flaws on offense. Not having good Ball Handle or SWB, I can't create for myself. I have 85 3pt, but I will need plays ran for me. In the Builder test games, I just set a ton of picks, Pick and Popped, or shot Spot ups. With 71 Speed, not really a threat in the transition. I do have Silver Bulldozer and Physical Handles, so if I can force a switch on a PG or SG, I can probably take advantage of that.

So, I'm happy with the build. I still might do a couple more test games against specific matchups. Plus, I'm not 100% sold on the Pacers. My main concern is they are very undersized. It's consistent 3 guard lineups with each being 6'5 Or shorter. Offensively, I liked playing with them. But having Mathurin as SF, he was getting torched. Even the backups are undersized. My two other team options were the Mavs and Suns since both have a need at PF. I don't like playing on stacked teams, so Suns are out. Plus I want to play with someone with Gold Dimer. Mavs are a team I'm seriously considering. With my Silver Brick Wall, I can have Luka and Kyrie thriving off the open looks. Luka has Gold Dimer and Kyrie Bronze Dimer, I should be able to thrive as a off ball shooter. Playing with Josh Green, Luka, and Lively, that's a taller lineup and Green, me, and Lively should be a good defensive front court. My main concern with the Mavs are the Iso heavy offense. I don't plan on being on ball much. But, I want to.be in a more free flowing offense with a lot of off ball movement and where I can set a lot of picks. Either way, I don't plan on resigning with either team after year. My ultimate goal is to play with a great 2k generated rookie and create a young dynamic duo. I always think back to 2k18, where I signed with a team that had the #1 OVR pick. That player ended up being a phenom. So with AI stats finally playing like stars, I want to be able to play with one of those unique good 2k generated builds.

Even though I'm set with my build, I'm going to wait until the start of Season 3 on Dec 1 to start MyCareer. I originally planned on starting after the roster update later this week. But, I rather wait until Season 3 because there should be another patch the week of, and Season 3 will have the Trendsetter rewards that brings another 10K VC to start off with. Plus Season 3 will have the In-Season Tournament branding as well. I don't mind waiting because besides tonight, I won't really have tike after today until next Thursday. After tomorrow, I work 6 of 8 days at 12 hour shifts. So, I can be patient and wait for Season 3 to start
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2023, 08:27 AM   #72
Rookie

YannisLB's Arena

As an offline MyPlayer NBA career I would like to add some compliments to this 2K24 game.

I think the "storyline" with less useless cinematics, useless storyline and less annoying walking quest is good.
Especially the GOAT stauts and ranking that allows us to have a REAL BASKETBALL guideline through our all career. Our goal when we play is to have that kind of follow up, to know where we are cimenting ourselves in the NBA royalty

So that is a really really good point.
Also: The GOAT competences that you can activate during a game is also a great idea, it allows us to go further the limitations imposed by the online MP builder and have a lot of moments of PURE DOMINATION as our player should be as a generationnal player

So I hope that devs or 2K peoples will read this message and that they will continue with these features in the next years of MyCareer NBA2K4. Dont know if they come here to read this but you can send them this one

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »