Home

NBA 2K24 MyPlayer Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 MyPlayer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2023, 09:12 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NBA 2K24 MyPlayer Thread

I'm pretty much ready to start MyCareer, I'm just waiting on NBA2k24 to go on sale. I'm surprised it hasn't gone on sale by this point. I don't really want to pay full price. I already have a decent amount of VC from when I rented the game st launch
Old 11-16-2023, 10:46 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I'm pretty much ready to buy NBA 2k24. I've seen some of the sales. I've seen the sales as low as $30 on Target on Sunday. I'm waiting to see what the sale on the PSN is going to be starting tomorrow. I have a decent little amount in PS gift cards. So if the sale on PSN is $35, I'll be willing to pay few dollars because I already have the gift card for it. Even though, I have the money on the gift cards, I don't want to pay $10+ extra for 2k24 when I can get it for $30 at Target.

I'm debating on waiting until the next roster update to actually start MyCareer. I plan on being a PF on the Indiana Pacers. I'm sure Haliburton's OVR is going up on the next update. The roster updates is usually every other Thursday, so I'm debating whether I want to wait until the next update to start MyCareer
Old 11-16-2023, 05:44 PM   #59
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

I managed to get 100 points, took me a whole lot of games to do it, I need 2 more wins to get to 10 and have been trying for 3 days now no luck.
Old 11-18-2023, 11:36 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I bought the game today, on sale. But, I'm still waiting on the next roster update to start MyCareer. Like I said before, I plan on playing as a PF on Pacers. I'm certain that Haliburton will get a nice little bump in the next update. Since i rented at launch, I was able to farm up some VC. With the Season 2 Trendsetter rewards, I'm starting around 45K VC so I'm not starting out barebones. I don't want to buy VC. Only thing about buying the game was that it showed on Twitter/X was that if you bought it digitally, you can get 15K VC. But, after I bought it on the PS store, I realized that you would have to buy it on PS Direct digitally to get the bonuses. It's disappointing, but it is what it is.
Old 11-18-2023, 07:57 PM   #61
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I bought the game today, on sale. But, I'm still waiting on the next roster update to start MyCareer. Like I said before, I plan on playing as a PF on Pacers. I'm certain that Haliburton will get a nice little bump in the next update. Since i rented at launch, I was able to farm up some VC. With the Season 2 Trendsetter rewards, I'm starting around 45K VC so I'm not starting out barebones. I don't want to buy VC. Only thing about buying the game was that it showed on Twitter/X was that if you bought it digitally, you can get 15K VC. But, after I bought it on the PS store, I realized that you would have to buy it on PS Direct digitally to get the bonuses. It's disappointing, but it is what it is.
Pro-tip.

If you plan on shooting at all, the midrange points are less expensive. Theoretically, the more you put into middie applies towards badges you would want for 3. So, 84 is Middie Gold and an 80 three gets me Catch and Shoot Gold with the rest of the shooting badges silver.

Some stat caps to be aware of at PF.

75 vertical with an 87 driving dunk is all you need for Pro Contacts.

63 acceleration will get you slippery off ball bronze.

68 block is chasedown but for Anchor you'll need 77 block with Inside Defense also at a certain level.

You can get most of the perimeter defensive badges on Bronze at 76 perimeter defense. But you need at least 45 strength to get Clamps also.

I would make a stretch athletic PF around 6'9 if I could do it again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2023, 09:30 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Pro-tip.

If you plan on shooting at all, the midrange points are less expensive. Theoretically, the more you put into middie applies towards badges you would want for 3. So, 84 is Middie Gold and an 80 three gets me Catch and Shoot Gold with the rest of the shooting badges silver.

Some stat caps to be aware of at PF.

75 vertical with an 87 driving dunk is all you need for Pro Contacts.

63 acceleration will get you slippery off ball bronze.

68 block is chasedown but for Anchor you'll need 77 block with Inside Defense also at a certain level.

You can get most of the perimeter defensive badges on Bronze at 76 perimeter defense. But you need at least 45 strength to get Clamps also.

I would make a stretch athletic PF around 6'9 if I could do it again.
I made a 6'7 athletic 3 & D PF, almost fits the undersized Pacers mold lol. I specialized mostly on 3 and D(mostly perimeter D). I focused on getting some Gold and Silver Shooting and Defensive badges. But I filled out my build with getting specific bronze badges. That way I can get some bronze finishing and passing badges that way I can be somewhat of an all around player. My build will be built around specific badges, more so that being elite at one skill. Where I might only have one HOF badge(I believe a defensive badge.)

The goal is to be able to guard 2-5 (and slower 1s). I have 93 Perimeter D, so I can get some Gold defensive badges like Clamps, Fast Feet, Pick Dodger, etc. Put just enough to get Bronze Anchor, but Strength at 84, so I can get Silver Immovable Force, so I shouldn't get bullied by most Centers. I think I got Steal at 81 so I can get Silver Interceptor. Not a great rebounder, especially not offensively. But as long as you have bronze Rebound Chaser, that's enough to be a solid rebounder.

Offensively, it's build around 3pt(85) and getting to the FT(81). I have enough athleticism, where I should have the ability to be a good off ball movement shooter. I chose 85 3pt, because I wanted some Silver Shooting badges and I think it gave me Silver Whistle as well. My weaknesses on offense is finishing and handling. I think I just did just enough to get some bronze badges. If I receive a pass, I'm either quickly shooting, passing, or driving with intent of drawing a FT. That's why I went with Silver Whistle and Free Points badge. I do have 77 Pass Acc because i wanted bronze Passing badges like Dimer, Bullet Passer, Needle Threader, and Relay. I wanted to choose the Pacers for a reason. Playing with Haliburton, should allow me to benefit off of high passing badges. TJ McConnell should have some decent badges as well. If the team plays anything like real life, they should put up a lot of points, so I don't have to be a volume scorer. I want to be defensive star of team

Part of me wanted to start today. Mainly because I'll have more time now since I'm off until Wednesday. But, I'll hold tight until the next Roster Update. I was the type in the past, where I wouldn't want to start a MyCareer, if there was a big potential trade in real life waiting to happen, even though I know there are crazy trades in MyCareer lol. But, I'm also the type where I'm not creating multiple builds. So, I want the AI to be as close to playing like real life. So with 10% of the NBA season done, that's enough of a sample size where the updated rosters should reflect how players are doing. Like I said Haliburton is a 90 OVR and 28-29 badges now, he should get another bump in the next update. But, if rather wait for the chance that he can get to 91 OVR and another badge or badge bump
Old 11-19-2023, 12:47 AM   #63
Just started!

DezDaLegend's Arena

Hey I was wondering if anyone found a way to kind of combat the use of ACE for rotations? I'm on the Nets and they are a very fun team to play with if you want to be the superstar. They have so much depth! You get a nice sidekick in Bridges, defense from guys like Simmons, Claxton, O'Neale, Finney-Smith, and even Darius Bazley if you choose to play him. And though they can be inconsistent, it's nice to have guys like Dinwiddie, Cam Johnson, and Cam Thomas who don't mind shooting.

The thing is, unlike the last few 2Ks, I'm having trouble truly maximizing this depth because of the new ACE substitutions. Mikal Bridges plays 40+ minutes almost every game even though I have him set to 33. It takes away extra minutes that could have went to Cam Thomas, for example. So I'm just wondering if anyone has found a way to tweak their rotations enough to "trick" the AI to playing other guys more minutes or if I'm just doomed lol
Old 11-19-2023, 08:57 AM   #64
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I made a 6'7 athletic 3 & D PF, almost fits the undersized Pacers mold lol. I specialized mostly on 3 and D(mostly perimeter D). I focused on getting some Gold and Silver Shooting and Defensive badges. But I filled out my build with getting specific bronze badges. That way I can get some bronze finishing and passing badges that way I can be somewhat of an all around player. My build will be built around specific badges, more so that being elite at one skill. Where I might only have one HOF badge(I believe a defensive badge.)

The goal is to be able to guard 2-5 (and slower 1s). I have 93 Perimeter D, so I can get some Gold defensive badges like Clamps, Fast Feet, Pick Dodger, etc. Put just enough to get Bronze Anchor, but Strength at 84, so I can get Silver Immovable Force, so I shouldn't get bullied by most Centers. I think I got Steal at 81 so I can get Silver Interceptor. Not a great rebounder, especially not offensively. But as long as you have bronze Rebound Chaser, that's enough to be a solid rebounder.

Offensively, it's build around 3pt(85) and getting to the FT(81). I have enough athleticism, where I should have the ability to be a good off ball movement shooter. I chose 85 3pt, because I wanted some Silver Shooting badges and I think it gave me Silver Whistle as well. My weaknesses on offense is finishing and handling. I think I just did just enough to get some bronze badges. If I receive a pass, I'm either quickly shooting, passing, or driving with intent of drawing a FT. That's why I went with Silver Whistle and Free Points badge. I do have 77 Pass Acc because i wanted bronze Passing badges like Dimer, Bullet Passer, Needle Threader, and Relay. I wanted to choose the Pacers for a reason. Playing with Haliburton, should allow me to benefit off of high passing badges. TJ McConnell should have some decent badges as well. If the team plays anything like real life, they should put up a lot of points, so I don't have to be a volume scorer. I want to be defensive star of team

Part of me wanted to start today. Mainly because I'll have more time now since I'm off until Wednesday. But, I'll hold tight until the next Roster Update. I was the type in the past, where I wouldn't want to start a MyCareer, if there was a big potential trade in real life waiting to happen, even though I know there are crazy trades in MyCareer lol. But, I'm also the type where I'm not creating multiple builds. So, I want the AI to be as close to playing like real life. So with 10% of the NBA season done, that's enough of a sample size where the updated rosters should reflect how players are doing. Like I said Haliburton is a 90 OVR and 28-29 badges now, he should get another bump in the next update. But, if rather wait for the chance that he can get to 91 OVR and another badge or badge bump
Honestly, I have a character with 85 perimeter and I don't notice a difference at all between that and 76 for Bronze defensive badges. Steal badges is 72 for bronze and all those badges are just fine for career. I average 1 steal and almost 2 blocks at the SF with 70 ratings.

As a PF or SF for career purposes you'd be much better off throwing those points into passing and ball handling. One thing I've noticed is the 70 passer rating opens up so many pass animations. I throw oops off the glass and flashy passes, where as a 69 or lower all passes feel really slow.

Break starter bronze, flashy bronze, dimer bronze, I'm leading the league in assists as the 3 and I don't handle the ball, Luka does.

The system I built for the Mavs puts me in that Kyle Korver, Joe Ingles role where I'm spot up, but I'm swing and lob thrower.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »